Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland - September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
For the record, the "just standing there" is not the sole alternative to moshing. There's also "rocking out," which I gladly do.
Exactly throwing horns in air, head banging like a mad man, belting out the lyrics to the songs you know, etc
Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Exactly throwing horns in air, head banging like a mad man, belting out the lyrics to the songs you know, etc
Exactly. This is what I do at every show.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
You'd be surprised how many people go to these shows specifically to crowd surf and mosh and beat up kids...
If we run in some of the same circles, I know who you're talking about.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
For the record, the "just standing there" is not the sole alternative to moshing. There's also "rocking out," which I gladly do.
Exactly.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
D.B.B.

I'm not much of a mosh pit type person. Every now and then if there is a pretty good circle pit I will jump in but not often. But I still want it to happen at shows. It gets the rest of the crowd moving and packing everyone to together, which for me at least brings out my true energy at a show. it's easier for me to sing at the top of my lungs and "rock out" (I hate saying that) when the whole crowd is moving a little. Now sometimes at bigger shows it gets more violent to the point where many can't even enjoy the show, but hey, it's a metal show. You should expect it.

And screw you guys I love to crowd surf

but I do agree, moshing doesn't belong at most power metal shows. it's just not right. Keep the pits at the thrash, death, black...etc shows.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM

Crowd surfing is awesome lol
I've only done it a couple times because it's dangerous when you're close to the pit and you have to have somebody hold all of your shit. I learned the hard way when my phone dropped on the floor during Machine Head. I ended up getting it back with a scratch or two, lucky me.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Crowd surfing is awesome lol
I've only done it a couple times because it's dangerous when you're close to the pit and you have to have somebody hold all of your shit. I learned the hard way when my phone dropped on the floor during Machine Head. I ended up getting it back with a scratch or two, lucky me.
Oh I know

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=72237921
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM

I forgot.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I'm not much of a mosh pit type person. Every now and then if there is a pretty good circle pit I will jump in but not often. But I still want it to happen at shows. It gets the rest of the crowd moving and packing everyone to together, which for me at least brings out my true energy at a show. it's easier for me to sing at the top of my lungs and "rock out" (I hate saying that) when the whole crowd is moving a little. Now sometimes at bigger shows it gets more violent to the point where many can't even enjoy the show, but hey, it's a metal show. You should expect it.

And screw you guys I love to crowd surf

but I do agree, moshing doesn't belong at most power metal shows. it's just not right. Keep the pits at the thrash, death, black...etc shows.
gotta agree with you. i think a good pit needs to happen at majority of metal shows. but yeah moshing to power metal can be awkward. but when i saw DragonForce 4 years ago, (before all the guitar hero nerds liked them) there was A LOT of moshing. their entire crowd was a big pit pretty much. i've seen Sonata get a pit to 8th Commandment, and Stratovarius get a pit to Phoenix, and i think a few other songs.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
gotta agree with you. i think a good pit needs to happen at majority of metal shows. but yeah moshing to power metal can be awkward. but when i saw DragonForce 4 years ago, (before all the guitar hero nerds liked them) there was A LOT of moshing. their entire crowd was a big pit pretty much. i've seen Sonata get a pit to 8th Commandment, and Stratovarius get a pit to Phoenix, and i think a few other songs.
I have to admit, I want there to be pits at DragonForce shows. The energy they put on stage really gets carried on to the crowds. And yes, im going to sound like a noob right now but, their music is more than fast enough for a pit.

At Sonata, I was in the pit for 8th Commandment. It really was the only pit worthy song in their set. But, too the people who were pitting for all other Sonata songs, the Hammerfall show, and at the Maiden shows I have been too, please, just stay home next time