Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland - September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 PM
evildeadjedi's Avatar
evildeadjedi evildeadjedi is offline
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
For the record, the "just standing there" is not the sole alternative to moshing. There's also "rocking out," which I gladly do.
Exactly throwing horns in air, head banging like a mad man, belting out the lyrics to the songs you know, etc
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
Exactly throwing horns in air, head banging like a mad man, belting out the lyrics to the songs you know, etc
Exactly. This is what I do at every show.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
You'd be surprised how many people go to these shows specifically to crowd surf and mosh and beat up kids...
If we run in some of the same circles, I know who you're talking about.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
For the record, the "just standing there" is not the sole alternative to moshing. There's also "rocking out," which I gladly do.
Exactly.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,743
I'm not much of a mosh pit type person. Every now and then if there is a pretty good circle pit I will jump in but not often. But I still want it to happen at shows. It gets the rest of the crowd moving and packing everyone to together, which for me at least brings out my true energy at a show. it's easier for me to sing at the top of my lungs and "rock out" (I hate saying that) when the whole crowd is moving a little. Now sometimes at bigger shows it gets more violent to the point where many can't even enjoy the show, but hey, it's a metal show. You should expect it.

And screw you guys I love to crowd surf

but I do agree, moshing doesn't belong at most power metal shows. it's just not right. Keep the pits at the thrash, death, black...etc shows.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,238
Crowd surfing is awesome lol
I've only done it a couple times because it's dangerous when you're close to the pit and you have to have somebody hold all of your shit. I learned the hard way when my phone dropped on the floor during Machine Head. I ended up getting it back with a scratch or two, lucky me.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Crowd surfing is awesome lol
I've only done it a couple times because it's dangerous when you're close to the pit and you have to have somebody hold all of your shit. I learned the hard way when my phone dropped on the floor during Machine Head. I ended up getting it back with a scratch or two, lucky me.
Oh I know

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=72237921
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,238
I forgot.
__________________
10/6 Torche
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 PM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I'm not much of a mosh pit type person. Every now and then if there is a pretty good circle pit I will jump in but not often. But I still want it to happen at shows. It gets the rest of the crowd moving and packing everyone to together, which for me at least brings out my true energy at a show. it's easier for me to sing at the top of my lungs and "rock out" (I hate saying that) when the whole crowd is moving a little. Now sometimes at bigger shows it gets more violent to the point where many can't even enjoy the show, but hey, it's a metal show. You should expect it.

And screw you guys I love to crowd surf

but I do agree, moshing doesn't belong at most power metal shows. it's just not right. Keep the pits at the thrash, death, black...etc shows.
gotta agree with you. i think a good pit needs to happen at majority of metal shows. but yeah moshing to power metal can be awkward. but when i saw DragonForce 4 years ago, (before all the guitar hero nerds liked them) there was A LOT of moshing. their entire crowd was a big pit pretty much. i've seen Sonata get a pit to 8th Commandment, and Stratovarius get a pit to Phoenix, and i think a few other songs.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
gotta agree with you. i think a good pit needs to happen at majority of metal shows. but yeah moshing to power metal can be awkward. but when i saw DragonForce 4 years ago, (before all the guitar hero nerds liked them) there was A LOT of moshing. their entire crowd was a big pit pretty much. i've seen Sonata get a pit to 8th Commandment, and Stratovarius get a pit to Phoenix, and i think a few other songs.
I have to admit, I want there to be pits at DragonForce shows. The energy they put on stage really gets carried on to the crowds. And yes, im going to sound like a noob right now but, their music is more than fast enough for a pit.

At Sonata, I was in the pit for 8th Commandment. It really was the only pit worthy song in their set. But, too the people who were pitting for all other Sonata songs, the Hammerfall show, and at the Maiden shows I have been too, please, just stay home next time
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008