The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Old 05-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
has anyone checked the official Dio site,this was posted today,im so confused

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy"

im not saying he is dead,but i wanna know is he or not?!
Shit from what I've heard, this is it..
Old 05-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
just a turn of phrase, my dick isn't in particular need of attention at the moment

edit: Apparently this was all started by someone editing wikipedia without a source. Yep.
lulz
Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Just typing this here because I don't like noob under my name....

Unhappy R.I.P Ronnie James Dio

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy

Thread here now: http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13455

Last edited by EvilCheeseWedge; 05-16-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Linked to News thread
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Just because he's not well enough to travel around the world playing shows all summer doesn't mean he's going to die. Him not being able to play shows and tour while he has stomach cancer and is going through chemotherapy should have been expected from everybody. Obviously somebody going through that wouldn't be able to. But just because they cancelled those dates doesn't mean that he isn't going to recover. You never know with this type of thing.

And YOU of all people, especially don't know, just as I don't know. Neither of us are his doctors. So don't go around acting like your going in and visiting Dio everyday and seeing his condition based on the fact that they cancelled shows. I'm sure anybody who is going through chemo, no matter how bad there cancer is, would have cancelled those shows.
My opinion had nothing to do with the canceling of shows. That was in response to you posting that he was still touring or was about to tour, when he was not.

And it looks like he did pass, sadly. So, not to be an ass, but who was right? Yeah. Live in fantasy land and believe everything is all better only to be crushed again just a few hours later. Anyone who looked at what was said by Wendy in that text, who wasn't being blinded by false hope, could see that things were really bad. Cancer is a killer. And it's taken another from us.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
So, not to be an ass, but who was right? Yeah.
Most important bit of your statement.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 05-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
My opinion had nothing to do with the canceling of shows. That was in response to you posting that he was still touring or was about to tour, when he was not.

And it looks like he did pass, sadly. So, not to be an ass, but who was right? Yeah. Live in fantasy land and believe everything is all better only to be crushed again just a few hours later. Anyone who looked at what was said by Wendy in that text, who wasn't being blinded by false hope, could see that things were really bad. Cancer is a killer. And it's taken another from us.
Fuck off dude. It seems like all you do on here is start shit with people and bitch and moan when they tell you how shitty your tastes are.

And I'm sorry I didn't take you for a fucking prophet whenever you were posting earlier, but it's nice to know you take so much pride in being right about this.