It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

Seeing Lacuna Coil May 24 as a headliner, so hopefully with only one other opener, they get a solid hour and 15 min maybe/hopefully more
Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 AM
the wicked path

Hell yeah? Hell no.
25-27 Jun: Graspop?
5-7 Aug: Wacken Open Air
Old 05-11-2010, 06:50 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
Lacuna Coil sounds nothing like they originally did. They're sellouts, and people who like them now, are bandwagonners trying to fit in.
Ill have to dissagree with that. I like every Lacuna Coil album and I have never liked them to fit it. Karmacode is a good album and I have never hated it or disliked it has much has alot of other people to. Shallow Life is also good.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:21 AM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Lacuna Coil sounds nothing like they originally did. They're sellouts, and people who like them now, are bandwagonners trying to fit in.
Negative.
For one, who would I be trying to fit in with exactly if that were true?
And I've already stated my favorite album of theirs is unleashed memories... which is pre-comalies, and therefore pre-sell out if you think they sold out, which I do not.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
This is not correct. A bandwagon fan is someone who follows a band or some type of trend or whatever just because everyone else is doing it. Lacuna Coil has never reached that level of fame for people to do that. I've never seen or heard of the Lacuna Coil bandwagon before, so i'm not sure how exactly you're coming to that conclusion. Judging by their recent musical changes LC does wish they had a bandwagon but that hasn't happened and most likely won't ever happen for them.

I like IAR and UM the best my self, but I think most fans would be fine if they stuck with the sound that made them get noticed on Comalies. It would be better than when their next album comes out and everyone is thinking "ok, what the fuck are they gonna try to be this time?" And for those who said you don't hear any nu metal influences on Karmacode, what exactly are you hearing with the guitars on that album? It's obviously something way different than me. Cristina is involved with James Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour and those riffs sound very influenced by his style.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 AM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
This is not correct. A bandwagon fan is someone who follows a band or some type of trend or whatever just because everyone else is doing it. Lacuna Coil has never reached that level of fame for people to do that. I've never seen or heard of the Lacuna Coil bandwagon before, so i'm not sure how exactly you're coming to that conclusion. Judging by their recent musical changes LC does wish they had a bandwagon but that hasn't happened and most likely won't ever happen for them.

I like IAR and UM the best my self, but I think most fans would be fine if they stuck with the sound that made them get noticed on Comalies. It would be better than when their next album comes out and everyone is thinking "ok, what the fuck are they gonna try to be this time?" And for those who said you don't hear any nu metal influences on Karmacode, what exactly are you hearing with the guitars on that album? It's obviously something way different than me. Cristina is involved with James Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour and those riffs sound very influenced by his style.
I've actually not heard in a revery would you recommend it?

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
I've actually not heard in a revery would you recommend it?
Yes, I would. If you like UM you will enjoy Reverie as well. Much like UM their english wasn't that great yet so some of the lyrics sound a little messed up. But you get the idea of what they're trying to say. Their english is actually the one thing the band has improved on over the years. I can't say the same about their musical directions though. It's the same style they had on UM. The only difference is UM is better. Maybe once you get IAR and the Lacuna Coil EP they released before that you'll get why some fans aren't happy with they what they've been doing the last two albums.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
And for those who said you don't hear any nu metal influences on Karmacode, what exactly are you hearing with the guitars on that album? It's obviously something way different than me. Cristina is involved with James Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour and those riffs sound very influenced by his style.
I hear the Nu Metal influences, I just said I don't feel like it's an all-out Nu Metal album.

Tags
drowning pool, hellyeah, lacuna coil