Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Cowboy From Hell

HellYeah -- Lexington, KY -- May 9th, 2010

A radio show at Rupp Arena headlined by Seether and 5FDP. I left halfway through 5FDP for the long journey home. I will see them again at Mayhem this summer.

Lacuna Coil came out to a nice ovation. I didn't believe they would be accepted very well in KY but they were. This was my 6th time seeing them and as usual they put on a solid performance. I just wish they had a longer set list. Hopefully I will catch them on their next headline tour. Here is their setlist:

Survive
I Won't Tell You
Heaven Is A Lie
Spellbound
Our Truth

Next up was Drowning Pool. They were as good as the only other time I had seen them which was Cruefest last summer. Not a bad set, alot of the crowd was into them:

Let The Sin Begin
Sinner
36 Stitches
Do You Feel Like I Do?
Step Up
Tear Away
Bodies

After a long stage set up, HellYeah finally came out. It was my first time seeing them but it won't be my last. They rocked!!! They easily had the most brutal pits of the night. It was great to see former Pantera/Damageplan drummer Vinnie Paul back in action!!! Their new song Cowboy Way went over really well- lots of moshing during that song, most everyone seemed to know the lyrics. HellYeah actually went over better than the other bands combinded, including 5FDP. Here is their set:

Matter Of Time
Goddamn
Cowboy Way
Alcoholin' Ass
You Wouldn't Know
Hell Yeah

I saw some of 5FDP then left to drive back home for 3 and half hours. Seether is ok but not really for me. No hate, just not for me.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 05-10-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Concert Veteran

OK, I know that due to thier increasingly more mainstream sound Lacuna Coil is obssesed with be famous in America. But I didn't think that it was that bad until I read the bands they just shared the stage with here
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Cowboy From Hell

One thing about Lacuna, they may wish for more popularity, but I like the fact that they sound very similair to the way they did on Comalies, just with better production... and yeah the occasional nu metal guitar riff. But I still love em. That melancholoy sound is unmistakable.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
One thing about Lacuna, they may wish for more popularity, but I like the fact that they sound very similair to the way they did on Comalies, just with better production... and yeah the occasional nu metal guitar riff. But I still love em. That melancholoy sound is unmistakable.
I still don't mind them myself but they don't sound like they did on Comalies at all now. What pisses me off about them is that they don't seem to know what the fuck they wanna be as a band anymore. They were goth up through Comalies. Then on Karmacode they're nu metal and on Shallow Life they're mainstream rock. If they would just decide what hell they are I wouldn't be so pissed at them like i've been since Karmacode. Just pick a sound and stick with it. I'm guessing since going nu metal and mainstream rock hasn't gotten them huge success in America yet, that it's safe to say on the next album they'll go country. That's probably their best chance at getting famous
Old 05-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Cowboy From Hell

I think the producers the band uses are influencing them too much- especially the guitarists. There is some identity crisis going on, but alot of the basic stuff from comalies is still present such as the melancholoy sound, euro keyboards, dominance of the rythym section and of course the trade off of vocal harmonies between the vocalists.

One thing I think will help Lacuna is if they toured the USA with bands that are more mainstream rock, like Linkin Park or even HIM. They should give up the Ozzfest bands & reach an audience that is different than the one they played for last night.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 AM
things are more than just what you see

I think they should go back to how they sounded on Unleashed Memories.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

I've liked everything LC has put out. Karmacode & Shallow Life not so much as the older stuff, but I still enjoy it. I don't hear Nu Metal much at all in Karmacode, to me it feels like a fair follow-up to Comalies with a bit more of a mainstream appeal. Hints of Nu Metal, but I personally don't see it as an all-out Nu Metal album. The change on Shallow Life baffled me, but I still like the material off that one, too.

Really, what I want is a proper Lacuna Coil headlining tour. I want to get to see them play more than the singles.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
things are more than just what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
I've liked everything LC has put out. Karmacode & Shallow Life not so much as the older stuff, but I still enjoy it. I don't hear Nu Metal much at all in Karmacode, to me it feels like a fair follow-up to Comalies with a bit more of a mainstream appeal. Hints of Nu Metal, but I personally don't see it as an all-out Nu Metal album. The change on Shallow Life baffled me, but I still like the material off that one, too.

Really, what I want is a proper Lacuna Coil headlining tour. I want to get to see them play more than the singles.
This

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

I think Comalies gets a bit more credit than it deserves. It wasn't terrible, but it was doubtlessly where things started going downhill. All of their material pre-Comalies is excellent.
More real than any god ever was
Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned Asshole

Lacuna Coil sounds nothing like they originally did. They're sellouts, and people who like them now, are bandwagonners trying to fit in.

Tags
drowning pool, hellyeah, lacuna coil