Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Movies

Old 07-24-2009, 06:42 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
wasp and antman? i think its safe to say that noone really gives a shit about them. they should skip that and just go with iron man/hulk/thor/cptn A. for the avengers movie. a nick fury movie might be cool, but at this point i really dont care to sit through anymore action films starring samuel l jackson.

also, is fury supposed to be black or white? cause in the game he was white, but you could unlock a retro skin for him where he was black, so im assuming in his original appearance he was black but they changed him to white later on? (sorta like the opposite of what they did with green lantern)
There's actually two Marvel Universes, see. The traditional Marvel Universe and the "Ultimate" Marvel Universe, and in the Ultimate universe he's black but in the traditional one he's white. But the movies seem to be drawing more from the Ultimate universe (without putting Ultimate in any of the names, of course), so it makes sense that Fury is black. Actually, Bryan Hitch who drew The Ultimates got Samuel L. Jackson's permission to draw Nick Fury with him as the model.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

First off, I should say that I know jack-shit about The Avengers because I don't read comics. I've pieced a few things together here and there from the internet and the way the Iron Man plot is developing, though, and if you ask me, this whole grand idea they have for these Avengers movies won't work. It might be okay for the first couple of filmes, but after a while it's gonna involve a LOT of characters, most of whom your average person has never heard of, and people (including me) are going to stop caring. Sure, it'll be great for hardcore comic fans, but only if they can keep up the quality for all nine (!!!) movies. Can you think of any film franchise that went to nine films without eventually ending up in the straight-to-DVD pile?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
First off, I should say that I know jack-shit about The Avengers because I don't read comics. I've pieced a few things together here and there from the internet and the way the Iron Man plot is developing, though, and if you ask me, this whole grand idea they have for these Avengers movies won't work. It might be okay for the first couple of filmes, but after a while it's gonna involve a LOT of characters, most of whom your average person has never heard of, and people (including me) are going to stop caring. Sure, it'll be great for hardcore comic fans, but only if they can keep up the quality for all nine (!!!) movies. Can you think of any film franchise that went to nine films without eventually ending up in the straight-to-DVD pile?
They won't really be movies in a series though. Iron Man and Iron Man 2 are in a series; The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, and Thor will stand alone, and Avengers will be a culmination starring all of the characters from those.

Now, if they decide to make sequels to Avengers (and I'm sure they will), it might get ridiculous.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

For me the biggest problem would be the villain they are going to team up to fight. Having the four team up for no real reason would be entertaining for about 10 minutes, as opposed to a 2+ hour movie. The biggest reason why "Dark Knight" worked so well was because the Joker was such a terrifying villain. Who the hell are Iron Man, Thor, Captain American and [insert 4th avenger here] going to fight? Dr. Doom? Galactus? Yea because they worked so well the first time.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
For me the biggest problem would be the villain they are going to team up to fight. Having the four team up for no real reason would be entertaining for about 10 minutes, as opposed to a 2+ hour movie. The biggest reason why "Dark Knight" worked so well was because the Joker was such a terrifying villain. Who the hell are Iron Man, Thor, Captain American and [insert 4th avenger here] going to fight? Dr. Doom? Galactus? Yea because they worked so well the first time.
It might be a "disarming rampaging Hulk" story. That or a reimagined Dr. Doom.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
It might be a "disarming rampaging Hulk" story.
Ehhhh. I hope not, that would kinda suck.