It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Avid Taco Bell Fan

The Gruesome Twosome -- Casper, WY -- May 5th, 2010

Alice Cooper & Rob Zombie - Casper Events Center, Casper, WY - 5/5/10
No opening act, straight to Alice Cooper. As far as I know, this is the same set he's played for a while, which isn't a bad thing:

Alice Cooper

School's Out
Department Of Youth
I'm Eighteen
Wicked Young Man
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell
Guilty
Cold Ethyl
Poison
From The Inside
Nurse Rozetta
Be My Lover
Only Women Bleed
I Never Cry
Vengeance Is Mine
Dirty Diamonds
Billion Dollar Babies
Killer
I Love The Dead
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels

Great set from 62-year-old Alice Cooper & his band. 2nd time I've seen him in 2 years, and he is one of the top performers I've seen to date.

Rob Zombie

Call Of The Zombie/Electric Head Pt. 1 Intro
What Lurks On Channel X?
Superbeast
Scum Of The Earth
Living Dead Girl
Let It All Bleed Out
More Human Than Human
Mars Needs Women
House Of 1,000 Corpses
Drum Solo
Demonoid Phenomenon
Never Gonna Stop
What?
Thunder Kiss '65 (Long John 5 guitar solo in the middle)
--------
Warewolf Women Of The SS
Dragula
--------
School's Out

(I'm 90% sure of the order, but I know those were all the songs played)

My expectations for Alice Cooper were met, I expected a kick-ass, entertaining show and that's what I got. I didn't expect a lot from Zombie. Last time I saw him perform back in '06, he didn't really wow me.

This time around was different. I'm not sure if this was a show-to-show antic, but the last time Zombie was in Casper, the stage was covered by bras by the end of the set. After Scum of the Earth, Zombie actually retrieved a long tied-together line of bras and said they were from the last visit to Casper. Other cool little things about the set, but I won't give that away.

The part of the night that really blew me away was after Dragula. All indications showed that that was the end of the set, they were out throwing guitar picks and drum sticks and waving. Then Rob Zombie got on the mic and said "I think you guys deserve another one, let's play one more. This is a song you've already heard tonight.". After a little on-stage huddle with the band, they got into position and got ready. Zombie then instructed the light and video screen guy to literally "wing it". He dedicated the last song to Alice Cooper before they closed with the 1st song the crowd heard from Alice Cooper at the start of the show, "School's Out". Zombie even remarked after the song that it was the 1st time they had ever played it. It's been a long, long time since I've felt like I was witnessing a unique and rare performance from such a big artist/band. It's nice (and ironic) for Casper, WY to get such a show.

They did cut American Witch and Lords of Salem. But I wasn't there to see those below-par tunes, I was there see good tunes and rarer tunes like Demonoid Phenomenon, Scum of the Earth & a great moment like School's Out for the 1st time. Rob, John 5, Piggy D & the mighty Joey Jordison were great tonight. I'm glad I stuck around for the whole set. Both Alice Cooper & Rob Zombie were equally great in my opinion. I am now looking forward to seeing Zombie again at Mayhem, but I doubt it'll be as good of a show as this was.
7/5/2019 - Iron Buffalo
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Bobb O)))

that's awesome that they played school's out. i actually really like american witch, so hopefully it'll be on the mayhem set.
10/4-Melvins
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
We're dying on the inside

Joey Jordison is drumming for Rob now? Huh.

Very cool that he closed with School's Out, not very cool that it was at the expense of Rob Zombie songs.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Concert Veteran

It would've been cool if when they did School's Out if they invited Cooper to sing it with them. But since it seems it was an on the spot type of thing Cooper probably had no knowledge of it. It would be nice to see if this is permanent or not and if they get Alice to join them next time

I'm not sure why you consider American Witch and Lords Of Salem subpar songs. They're actually two of the better ones on EH. Now his new album is where he's doing the subpar stuff. Playing crap like MNW and What? instead of Jesus Frakenstein is just mind boggeling. Also, while SBG isn't a great song it has a good live feel to it and it is a single so i'm surprised he's not playing that.

Alice's set is great as i've stated before on another thread about this tour. The only song I don't care for in his set is Dirty Diamonds. In fact I don't like that album at all. Something else from ACAS or something like Hey Stoopid that he hasn't played in forever would be much cooler in that spot.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
things are more than just what you see

I think jordison is just drumming for Rob this year, while slipknot are on break.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Any merchandise? Tour shirts? I'm seeing the last show of this tour at Artpark and I'm hoping they've got a shirt with both Zombie and Cooper on it
10/20 - Iron Reagan
10/23 - Dead Congregation
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Any merchandise? Tour shirts? I'm seeing the last show of this tour at Artpark and I'm hoping they've got a shirt with both Zombie and Cooper on it
Oh shit, I didn't realise the show at Artpark was the final show of the tour. Maybe we can get something special like having Zombie and Cooper do a song together at the end
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Avid Taco Bell Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Yes, there were a few different shirts. Including one with the main logo featuring both of them on the front, tour dates on the back. There might be more then one with both of them on it. I didn't have $35 to drop or else I would've got one. Saw some bandannas, hats, etc. Some lady next to me on the floor dropped $25 on a mini Alice Cooper teddy bear. Some people are just plain stupid.
7/5/2019 - Iron Buffalo
Old 05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
N00B

The instrumental section of Black widow was included after one of the executions.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned Asshole

Couple things make me mad right now

1 - This is ANOTHER tour didn't come to Florida.

2 - Zombie's selection from the new album is horrid (altho the videos I seen would say Mars Needs Women plays great live). At least he's not playing Sick Bubble Gum. But what about Jesus Frankenstein? Virgin Witch? Those are two of the best three songs on the album...and the third is....

3 - They play a dumb solo, but Zombie has come out and said that they will probably never play The Man Who Laughs. What the fuck is up with that? Why not just play the damn song? It's one of the only good songs from the album.

With that said...the rest of his set looks awesome. He pretty much hits every other song from my 'A' list of Zombie songs. Wish I could of been there.

Tags
alice cooper, gruesome twosome, rob zombie