3. Kalmah
4. Mors Principium Est
5. Necrophagist
6. Dying Fetus
7. Insomnium
8. Into Eternity (headline)
9. Bloodbath
10. Steel Panther

Honorable mentions: Ensiferum, Divine Heresy, Decapitated, Deicide, Vital Remains, Diablo, Kataklysm, Odious Mortem, Origin, Austrian Death Machine, Unearth, Dark Tranquillity (headline), Daath, Eluveitie, Carcass, Archeon, Becoming The Archetype, Ignominious Incarceration.

Damn...I need to see a lot of bands.

Last edited by Fires Of Sedition; 05-05-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Mastodon
Pig Destroyer
Converge
Dillinger Four
Green Day
Clutch
Lemuria
Polar Bear Club
Banner Pilot
Off With Their Heads
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 AM
I return to the cem-e-te-ryyy

Amorphis
Athiest
Elvenking
Nocturnal Rites
Sigh
Sodom
Tankard
Thyrfing
Watchtower
Wolf
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
In a rough order:

01.Evergrey
02.Fates Warning
03.Dio (Still have hope that I will get a chance)
08.Angra
Whitesnake
Savatage
I have seen all of these!

My list, well, there really arent too many bands I care about who are still active that I have not already seen, but there are a few. I love seeing any band I have never seen before, as along as they are good. So here's my list, not really in order except the top 3 are priority.

1) Andre Matos
2) Avantasia (I don't see why you said this can't be included, they have toured and heard they might be touring again, so it's possible.)
3) Gotthard
4) Immortal
5) Rainbow w/ Joe Lynn Turner and Jurgen Blackmore (Touring as Over The Rainbow)
6) Wolf
7) Foreigner (Kelly Hansen! Yes!)
8) Nocturnal Rites
9) Lillian Axe
10 Elvenking

And who wants to wager that Ravenheart has seen all of the bands on my list, whether he likes them or not.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
1. Children Of Bodom (headline)
2. Arch Enemy (headline)
3. Kalmah
4. Mors Principium Est
8. Into Eternity (headline)

Ensiferum, Austrian Death Machine, Unearth, Dark Tranquillity (headline), Eluveitie
oh shit i didn't know anyone else besides me listens to Mors Principium Est lol. i'd love to see them but can't imagine them coming to the US any time soon. Into Eternity headlining and Kalmah would be sweet too. COB, Arch Enemy, Unearth, Eluveitie, Austrian Death Machine, Dark Tranquillity, and Ensiferum sets are all a lot of fun, especially COB and Unearth.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
4.Bolt Thrower
That will be tough, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility. BTW, they are fucking phenomenal. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Carcass
Baroness
Mastodon
Motorhead
Carcass and Baroness are incredible live. Mastodon was good when I saw them, but this tour has been very hit-and-miss from what I've heard, due mainly to shenanigans on Brent's part (shocker). Motorhead was loud as fuck and very good when I saw them twenty-odd years ago, but I have no idea about them now. Obviously, I wouldn't take the opinions of any Motorhead haters very seriously, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Big Business
Gojira
Motorhead
Queens of the Stone Age
Torche
I've caught small snippets of sets by the first two, and what I heard was excellent. Motorhead is discussed above. QotSA kinda sucked ass when I saw them open for Tool - I expected much better. Torche is awesome live. When I saw them, they still had Juan Montoya, who has left the band. Don't know if that makes a big difference or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Giant Squid, Cobalt, Carcass, and Cormorant...oh wait...
Yes you do, yes we do, yes you do, yes we do. Squid and Carcass are both seriously awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Clutch
Carcass
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Clutch is surreal. So good. Carcass I've discussed already. I've heard GY!BE is off the chain, if you're into them. I want to see them live, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
2. Arch Enemy (headline)
5. Necrophagist
6. Dying Fetus

Ensiferum, Origin, Carcass
Arch Enemy is so good live. I saw them headline last winter. Awesome. I saw both Necrophagist and Dying Fetus at Summer Slaughter last year. Necrophagist is awesome, but their stage show is not really all that high-energy. They just play like demons, and you get to watch. Still cool in my book. Dying Fetus was really good if you're a fan of theirs. I saw Ensiferum that night as well. They are a ton of fun, and very good live. Origin was also there, although I'd seen them before. They were tits. Now with a new lead vocalist, who knows? Probably still pretty good. Carcass, again, has been explained already. You need to do that shit, son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Mastodon
Pig Destroyer
Converge
Clutch
I've already discussed Mastodon and Clutch above. I've seen Pig Destroyer live twice, and while it was awesome, you really have to be a fan of theirs and familiar with their stuff to truly appreciate it. Otherwise, it sounds like just a bunch of noise. If you're a big fan and you know their stuff, then go and prepare to be destroyed! Converge was pretty decent both times I saw them, but they're the same story as Pig Destroyer. It all sounds like noise unless you know what you're hearing - perhaps even more so than with Pig Destroyer (believe it or not). But if they're your thing, have at it - I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 AM
N00B

Honestly, after I see Faith No More this summer, i'll have seen pretty much all the active bands I care about seeing
Old 05-06-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Yeah! Big Business was opening for the Melvins and really, all that happened was Buzz Osbourne came out when Big Business was playing and started doing Melvins songs, so I'm not entirely sure who the lineup of Big Business/Melvins actually is.
The Melvins lineup has changed quite a bit over the years, but right now it is Buzz Osborne (lead vocals, guitar, founder), Coady Willis on drums and Jared Warren on bass. Coady and Jared were the sole members of Big Business, up until recently when they added Toshi Kasai on guitar. He probably wasn't there when you saw them. Neither was Dale Crover, who was the drummer for the Melvins back in the day, and who isn't officially out of the band as far as I know. He's also part of Shrinebuilder now, has been a part of Nirvana for a short time, was married to Lori S. of Acid King, and has even played with Big Business before. Dude gets around.

So basically, they're the same group except for Buzz. More or less.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I've seen basically every post-rock/post-metal band of consequence except for them now, and it sucks because they're very possibly the best one.
So you've seen Russian Circles, Isis, Neurosis, Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, God Is an Astronaut, Caspian, Gifts from Enola, If These Trees Could Talk, Disappearer, Minsk, Mono, Irepress, Battles, Braveyoung, North, La Fin du Monde, Rosetta, Cult of Luna, IntrOnaut and Red Sparowes? You lucky boy!

(Actually I think you may have seen Isis and Gifts, and maybe Trees, but I wasn't sure so they went into the list for effect...)

Last edited by Natrlhi; 05-06-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

1. Anthrax (not sure if this counts because they still don't have a line-up any more, but if they ever got their shit together I would REALLY want to see them)
2. Genesis (also not sure if this counts 'cause they just toured 3 years ago, but now I don't know if anything else is happening with them whatsoever since Phil Collins apparently can't drum now)
3. Kreator
4. My Dying Bride
5. KMFDM
6. Dark Tranquillity
7. Heaven and Hell (they still count as active, as far as I'm concerned) edit: WTF MASSIVE BRAIN FART, I HAVE SEEN THEM TWICE AND COUNT THOSE AS SOME OF THE BEST SHOWS IVE EVER SEEN WTF
8. Depeche Mode
9. M83
10. Clutch

runner up: Overkill

Last edited by SomewhereInTime72; 05-06-2010 at 04:23 PM.