Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Old 05-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Meat1940 View Post
I don't think the children that listen to A7X will do much with Portnoy's name aside from some them knowing them as the guy who filled in for a while.
You're probably right, but...

POWER TO THE OUTLIERS!

And, because I never get to use this smiley...

Old 05-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

I like A7X and Dream Theater. So I am aware of who Mike Portnoy is and not seeing him "the guy who did the fill-on on the new album"

edit:This was kind of a douchey comment to make sorry I am not trying to start any shit.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 05-04-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned Asshole

Well obviously if you know him from other bands already you wouldn't know him for only one thing he did with one band...
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Well obviously if you know him from other bands already you wouldn't know him for only one thing he did with one band...

True sorry i'm stupid and read what you said kind of fast.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 05-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned Asshole

haha, whatever dude, we all do it. This site wouldn't be the same if you didn't have people hastily read your post and then try to comment on it. haha
Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
In Search of Truth

Portnoy should join AX7 and quit Dream Theater.

Never going to happen (actually it's pretty much impossible), but I'm gonna be honest, I'd be optimistic about it.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned Asshole

Really???... O.o *backs away slowly*
Old 05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
That Guy

Quote:
This little stint has made me loose so much respect for Portnoy. *shakes head*
Really?

A7X was one of the first Non-Metallica Metal bands I ever got into. I was actually into A7x before I even knew about Dream Theater (Who are my favorite band). I admit I'm not a huge fan of A7X now, but I am happy for the guys. They are continuing on after losing the best part of their band, and found the best possible drummer to replicate what The Rev does.

Don't get me wrong I never want Mike to quite Dream Theater for A7X but hey, it's great exposure for both parties and I really cant complain about Dream Theater getting more exposure.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 PM
That Guy

It's official!

For Immediate Release - May 2010

MIKE PORTNOY TO TOUR WITH AVENGED SEVENFOLD THROUGHOUT 2010

After having had such an amazing experience recording my drum tracks for the new Avenged Sevenfold album, we all knew it would be awesome if I'd be able to do some touring with the band after its release...

I am happy to say that the timing worked out perfectly that my touring cycle with Dream Theater (and Transatlantic) was coming to an end just as A7X's was scheduled begin!
(well, perfect for everyone except my poor family!) : )

Although I wish I could stay on board with A7X in a more permanent capacity, the reality is that I am commited to Dream Theater as my main priority (that is my baby afterall!), and I will need to resume work with DT to start a new album at some point in 2011....

However, I will be able to join my brothers in Avenged Sevenfold for at least the duration of their touring throughout 2010...and hopefully this will give them the time to continue to heal and get comfortable back on the road....

You can look at me like the band's "rebound drummer" to buy them some time until they are comfortable and ready to make a commitment to somebody new for full-time relationship in their future!

In the meantime, I am real excited to hit the road with the boys...to bring my drumming from their new album to life on stage and to honor The Rev with all of their older material....

(Hey, do I get to have a cool, bad-ass stage name now???) : )

C-ya out there,
MP
Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
It's official!

For Immediate Release - May 2010

MIKE PORTNOY TO TOUR WITH AVENGED SEVENFOLD THROUGHOUT 2010

After having had such an amazing experience recording my drum tracks for the new Avenged Sevenfold album, we all knew it would be awesome if I'd be able to do some touring with the band after its release...

I am happy to say that the timing worked out perfectly that my touring cycle with Dream Theater (and Transatlantic) was coming to an end just as A7X's was scheduled begin!
(well, perfect for everyone except my poor family!) : )

Although I wish I could stay on board with A7X in a more permanent capacity, the reality is that I am commited to Dream Theater as my main priority (that is my baby afterall!), and I will need to resume work with DT to start a new album at some point in 2011....

However, I will be able to join my brothers in Avenged Sevenfold for at least the duration of their touring throughout 2010...and hopefully this will give them the time to continue to heal and get comfortable back on the road....

You can look at me like the band's "rebound drummer" to buy them some time until they are comfortable and ready to make a commitment to somebody new for full-time relationship in their future!

In the meantime, I am real excited to hit the road with the boys...to bring my drumming from their new album to life on stage and to honor The Rev with all of their older material....

(Hey, do I get to have a cool, bad-ass stage name now???) : )

C-ya out there,
MP
hell yeah! get to see Mike Portnoy twice in one year!!