Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Hmmm....

We need a pondering smiley.
It was a joke
Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I probably would have said that anyway.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Hmmm....

We need a pondering smiley.
I gotta be honest, man. All of these bands are gonna be back around but you're not gonna have another prom. I've never understood why metalheads don't go to prom like it makes them cool. I know you'll make the right decision for you because you're thinking about it so hard, but I'd go to prom. See Mastodon next year.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
I probably would have said that anyway.
Oh my bad man, I didn't realize you were trying to make that decision. But yes I do agree with DethMaiden on this one.

I had my prom last week and although I didn't find it too exciting while I was there, it was still pretty fun. Mastodon will be back, but supposedly high school is "the best years of our lives", so make the most out of them I guess.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I gotta be honest, man. All of these bands are gonna be back around but you're not gonna have another prom. I've never understood why metalheads don't go to prom like it makes them cool. I know you'll make the right decision for you because you're thinking about it so hard, but I'd go to prom. See Mastodon next year.
I know, I already have pretty much decided on going, but every time I think I decide, I want to do the other. It's not a matter of what makes me cool, it's a matter of which I think will be the most valued. I've pretty much decided that's going to be my prom.

I've also seen Mastodon like 5 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
but supposedly high school is "the best years of our lives"
I would say that's only true for people that don't go to college.

Although, even college is not necessarily the best years of your life. I party just as much now (mid 20's) as I did in college, but now I have a job that I semi-enjoy (as opposed to classes which I hated) and I actually have money (unlike in college when I was constantly broke).

Regarding your prom, I would look at it like this. If you want to go to your prom, then go. If you don't, then don't. I wouldn't even consider the concert as part of your decision. IF for whatever reason you decide you don't want to go to prom, then go to the concert since you just so happen to be free that night.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun2graveland View Post
I do hope that Baroness keeps in "Swollen and Halo" when I see them. And since the Blue Album is quite fantastic, I can manage a set heavy with songs from it (despite the Red Album being amazing).
And it's good to hear that Brent wasn't acting up (during not perfect sound), compared to what's been said from the last couple of shows on this tour.
as said before he did stop a song and bitch out someone in the audience. there's a bar right next to the venue, Rialto's, that all the ppl hang at after shows and the musicians know that. one friend asked him what was up with that, and he said something like "that asshole had been heckling me since before the show." OK, but seems to me a professional 10 years in would've learned to ignore a heckler

now on to the EPIC part. Another friend of mine got punched in the face by Brent Hinds. That sounds really fucked up, unless you knew the kid. He doesn't know when to stop drinking and starts shit. Anyway he keeps fucking with Brent. Saying shit like "How'd that pussy faget from SOAD put you in the hospital? He's a skinny bitch!" and just being a dick. Brent takes it in stride for awhile, then they sorta start play pushing each other. Well we know how that always ends. Table gets knocked over, glasses break, dude throws a bunch at Brent and misses and then Brent just cold cocks him. "Dude, I can't believe you just hit me." priceless.

Tags
baroness, mastodon