Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-22-2010, 05:39 AM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 219
Mastodon -- Sayreville, NJ -- April 21st, 2010

We arrived at around 8:00 just in time to hear the last song from Baroness. Between The Buried And Me were up next and they played the same setlist as previous shows on this tour:

Fossil Genera - A Feed From Cloud Mountain
Prequel to the Sequel
Desert of Song
Backwards Marathon
Disease, Injury, Madness

I thought this was a great choice of setlist, as this was my 7th time seeing them and 3/5 songs I had not heard live before. Someone was heckling the band during the slow section of Disease, Injury, Madness. He started a small crowd chant of "You suck Dick." The band actually stopped the song so Tommy could address the heckler. He said something like, "Why do you say we suck dick? I personally have never sucked a dick. You don't like our band, that's fine. What did we ever do to you? Why are you going to come to our show and tell us we suck dick?" I didn't think stopping the song was warranted in response to the heckler, but we didn't see or hear from him after that, so I guess it worked.

By the way, Between The Buried And Me are playing a one-off headlining show this Sunday at the Crocodile Rock in Allentown, PA. I believe Baroness is opening. Just wanted to put the word out, in case any fans of the band didn't hear about it.

We stuck around to hear Mastodon play their Crack The Skye album, and then left. If someone else could post the rest of the Mastodon setlist, that would be much appreciated. Mastodon did sound better compared to the last time I saw them (opening for Dethklok), but I would still consider myself only a casual fan, and I don't know any of their music besides Crack The Skye and 1 or 2 other songs.

I took a few pictures during BTBAM's set. Will post them later.
__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2010, 05:42 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,732
Tommy Rogers knows how to deal with hecklers. Rose Funeral should take notes.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/8 Black Dahlia Murder
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post

By the way, Between The Buried And Me are playing a one-off headlining show this Sunday at the Crocodile Rock in Allentown, PA. I believe Baroness is opening. Just wanted to put the word out, in case any fans of the band didn't hear about it..
Really thinking about going to this
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2010, 05:49 AM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Really thinking about going to this
I highly recommend it. The two best BTBAM shows I've seen were both one-off headlining shows, at the First Unitarian Church in Philly and the Chameleon Club in Lancaster.
__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
leglessmoof's Avatar
leglessmoof leglessmoof is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 219
http://pictures.leglessmoof.net/v/concerts/2010_04_21/







__________________
http://concerts.leglessmoof.net/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 AM
thegame747 thegame747 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 30
this was probably one of the most disappointing shows i've been to. and not for any of the first 3 bands. valiant thorr was fun, baroness was awesome, and BTBAM kicked ass once again. but mastodon was the downfall of the night. i noticed sound problems throughout crack the skye, but when they got to the last baron, it all fell apart. brent flipped out that the subs were too loud and he couldn't play the song because "he doesn't wear ear protection because he's not a pussy." he actually stopped the song to rant to the sound guy, and then made the song start over. about 30 seconds into it, he stopped again because his guitar was out of tune and he "pays good money for someone to tune his goddamn guitar." personally, i didn't care much for his attitude. and i was really excited to see them for the first time too. but if you ask me, seeing BTBAM for the 3rd time was worth it for me
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
DisasterPiece120 DisasterPiece120 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southampton PA
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame747 View Post
this was probably one of the most disappointing shows i've been to. and not for any of the first 3 bands. valiant thorr was fun, baroness was awesome, and BTBAM kicked ass once again. but mastodon was the downfall of the night. i noticed sound problems throughout crack the skye, but when they got to the last baron, it all fell apart. brent flipped out that the subs were too loud and he couldn't play the song because "he doesn't wear ear protection because he's not a pussy." he actually stopped the song to rant to the sound guy, and then made the song start over. about 30 seconds into it, he stopped again because his guitar was out of tune and he "pays good money for someone to tune his goddamn guitar." personally, i didn't care much for his attitude. and i was really excited to see them for the first time too. but if you ask me, seeing BTBAM for the 3rd time was worth it for me

i totally agree with you this was my first(and hopefully last) time at this venue and it seemed to me that most of the people in this crowd were assholes easpecially those dudes in the back who were chanting you suck dick to BTBAM and pushed everyone forward during Desert of Song.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
LIVEtoROCK86 LIVEtoROCK86 is offline
The guy behind the guy, behind the guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 97
This is the Mastodon setlist:

CRACK THE SKYE

Crusher Destroyer
Crystal Skull
I Am Ahab
Capillarian Crest
Ol'e Nessie
Circle of Cysquatch
Aqua Dementia
Iron Tusk
March Of The Fire Ants
Blood And Thunder

I have to say that this show was a bit strange. The kids chanting "you suck dick" to BTBAM was really wrong. Even if you don't like a band...don't be disrespectful. I'm glad the lead singer said something, it must have been hard not to. They were great, and in my opinion, stole the show.

Mastodon just wasn't feeling it last night. Personally, I think Brent Hinds was way out of line. No matter how shitty everything is going on stage, THE SHOW MUST GO ON! Don't stop TWICE! It takes away from the mystique of the show. Way out of line. I'm actually shocked they played after they finished Crack The Skye. We were waiting a solid 5 minutes before they came back on stage. And the last part of the show, you could tell they didn't give a shit, neither did the crowd. I expected more of Brent.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEtoROCK86 View Post
Mastodon just wasn't feeling it last night. Personally, I think Brent Hinds was way out of line. No matter how shitty everything is going on stage, THE SHOW MUST GO ON! Don't stop TWICE! It takes away from the mystique of the show. Way out of line. I'm actually shocked they played after they finished Crack The Skye. We were waiting a solid 5 minutes before they came back on stage. And the last part of the show, you could tell they didn't give a shit, neither did the crowd. I expected more of Brent.
Goddammit, I'm nervous now. My #1 complaint the other times I saw Mastodon (which were a letdown, believe me) was Brent. This story isn't so different from when he stopped playing "Hearts Alive," babbled some drunken words into the mic, and made the band start over back in '07. If he does some bullshit at this show, I would not be opposed to seeing him leave the band, which hurts me to say because I'm an enormous Mastodon fan.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
LIVEtoROCK86 LIVEtoROCK86 is offline
The guy behind the guy, behind the guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Goddammit, I'm nervous now. My #1 complaint the other times I saw Mastodon (which were a letdown, believe me) was Brent. This story isn't so different from when he stopped playing "Hearts Alive," babbled some drunken words into the mic, and made the band start over back in '07. If he does some bullshit at this show, I would not be opposed to seeing him leave the band, which hurts me to say because I'm an enormous Mastodon fan.
It pains me to say that I agree with you, but it's true. Brent is a great guitarist but he is too high maintenance. Stopping shows, singing like shit (which is frequent), and just being plain unreliable. Troy and Brann looked pissed as hell last night when Brent was pulling that stunt, and Bill was probably pissed too but he is always pretty nonchalant and easy going. Honestly, Brann has a SICK voice and Troy is the shit on the mic (as usual). I do want to say that Troy sounded the best I have ever heard last night. His vocals were spot on and so were Brann's. He even has some nice vibrato going!! If they replaced Brent, I think it would help the band. And I HAAATE saying that. I still will love Mastodon no matter what.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baroness, between the buried and me, mastodon, valient thorr

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008