Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
They should take out all the new songs, other than All Nightmare Long and That Was Just Your Life. They could add 1 1/2 songs for every new song they took off. Imagine how much better this set list would be? That said, this is already one of the better set lists (outside of the mexico shows) that I have seen from them recently. Anytime I see Fight Fire With Fire I want to be there and that encore
While I do like DM and think it's more of a return to form for them, I agree with you about playing less new songs in every set. They can do three or four each night off DM and just rotate the songs from it. I think Life, Line, Nightmare and Judas would be fine for the rest of the tour. They've been together almost 30 years now and they fall into the whole "band who should be playing their best of sets now" territory if you ask me.

As for Am I Evil? I don't know if it was played in full at this show or not. I didn't read any show details on the web page, I just got the set and that was it. Throughout the 80s and into the mid 90s it was in just about every set. In fact Metallica played it so often live that most fans thought it was their song since Diamond Head was such an obscure band in the US. You'd have to figure that somewhere along the way they use to play it in full. I think it was when they started touring for TBA that the shorter version came along and that's what they've done for the most part since then. I'm sure the full version has popped up here and there in recent years though.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 04-21-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
N00B

Not relevant to this post, but I'll be in Vilnius this summer
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
While I do like DM and think it's more of a return to form for them, I agree with you about playing less new songs in every set. They can do three or four each night off DM and just rotate the songs from it. I think Life, Line, Nightmare and Judas would be fine for the rest of the tour. They've been together almost 30 years now and they fall into the whole "band who should be playing their best of sets now" territory if you ask me.
We basically agree but I think two songs from Death Magnetic is enough. I like the album, it's better than anything they have done since the Black Album, but I don't love the album like their first five.

They do basically play a best of set every night, the problem is they have so many 'best of' songs that they can't play them all. I think they need to start doing album tours, mixing in other good songs after. So like RTL, mix in Welcome Home, Master of Puppets, One, etc.... at the end. Hell, I'd drop $100 just to see RTL played in it's entirety.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastulio_ View Post
These sets would be so much better if they replaced The End of the Line with something else. That Was Just Your Life=AWESOME opener. The End Of The Line=fairly meh. Not HORRIBLE, but it's kind of a let down after the Life high...
I disagree. I like the one-two punch of That Was Just Your Life right into The End Of The Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by through#the#never View Post
yeah they should replace "line" with something like holier than thou, of wolf and man, creeping death, or disposable heroes.
I'd rather have The End Of The Line than any of the songs you mentioned, except for Creeping Death and maybe Disposable Heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
While I do like DM and think it's more of a return to form for them, I agree with you about playing less new songs in every set. They can do three or four each night off DM and just rotate the songs from it. I think Life, Line, Nightmare and Judas would be fine for the rest of the tour.
Agreed.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I like seeing FFWF in there, but hate the fact that Battery is now in the encore slot. That slot should be left as a rotation for rarities from Kill em All and Trapped Under Ice. Less songs from DM would be nice. Eliminating Fuel for good would be great IMO.
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Dragon Of The R˙che

You all have to remember that they are touring to SUPPORT DM so they're going to play at least 4-5 songs from it just like any other band who tours to support their new album.

Tags
metallica