Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

  #11  
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,868
I am really excited for the playoffs as well. I am rooting for the Celtics and the Suns.
__________________
12/11 ETID/TGI
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I want to see a ring on Lebron's finger and a Cleveland jersey on his back next season.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Bulls all the way for me.
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but my Cavs are going to crush that dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Gravity-defying image of the playoffs thus far:

Was that from last night's game, or Saturday's? I got some pics at last night's game (although obviously not that good ), and that play looks oddly familiar.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,224
Don't have a solid rooting interest this year as the sixers are an atrocity, I guess I want Cleveland, Dallas, or Phoenix to win. Anyone but LA or Boston really.
__________________
12/30 CLUTCH
3/22 Enslaved
4/11 At the Gates
MDF
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but my Cavs are going to crush that dream.
I realise this. If not the Bulls, then no problem with the Cavs going all the way.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Was that from last night's game, or Saturday's? I got some pics at last night's game (although obviously not that good ), and that play looks oddly familiar.
It's from Saturday's, it's the alley-oop that they called back because of an illegal screen. So it's not as fun in context. But out of context, HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE DO THAT!?

Btw, what are playoff tickets going for? I'll be home by the second round and I'd really like to see a game.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Not yet. But that's their aim. So far we've had four exhibition tours. Three or four teams come over and play in a handful of cities. Last year's tour had way more teams than before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NBA_Europe_Live_Tour

London has had:

2007: Celtics v T-Wolves
2008: Heat v Nets
2009: Bulls v Jazz
2010: Lakers v T-Wolves

They want to make it regular season games, but so far it's just pre-season stuff.

The NHL do play regular season games in Europe, but London hasn't had one since 2007.

The 2010 games are in Prague, Helsinki and Stockholm. I may go to Stockholm.
Ah, yeah. The pre-season games go everywhere. The competition obviously isn't quite as serious and you see a lot more of the bench guys, but it's a lot of fun. The Spurs and Pacers played on my campus before this season and it's great to get good tickets for cheap, which is next to impossible once the regular season starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Don't have a solid rooting interest this year as the sixers are an atrocity, I guess I want Cleveland, Dallas, or Phoenix to win. Anyone but LA or Boston really.
Anyone but LA, Boston, or the goddamn Denver Thuggets. Quickly becoming my least favorite team.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post


Anyone but LA, Boston, or the goddamn Denver Thuggets. Quickly becoming my least favorite team.
Yeah, that team is extremely unlikeable. Kenyon Martin is such a loser.
__________________
12/30 CLUTCH
3/22 Enslaved
4/11 At the Gates
MDF
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Yeah, that team is extremely unlikeable. Kenyon Martin is such a loser.
I was conned into liking him because he went to Cincinnati and missed the tournament when he broke his leg, but once the sympathy wears off, he's just a jackass with a tattoo of his girlfriend's lips on his neck.

And he's not even as bad as J.R. Smith, Chris Andersen, or Chauncey Billups. I kinda like Carmelo, and I definitely like Nene, I just wish he played for a team that I could root for.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I was conned into liking him because he went to Cincinnati and missed the tournament when he broke his leg, but once the sympathy wears off, he's just a jackass with a tattoo of his girlfriend's lips on his neck.

And he's not even as bad as J.R. Smith, Chris Andersen, or Chauncey Billups. I kinda like Carmelo, and I definitely like Nene, I just wish he played for a team that I could root for.
Didn't JR Smith kill someone in a car accident? And Anderson had A TWO YEAR DRUG SUSPENSION, and they wouldnt even say what he failed for. Upstanding gentlemen on that team.

EDIT: I'll always kinda like Melo since he won me like $100 in my bracket pool the year he went to Syracuse.
__________________
12/30 CLUTCH
3/22 Enslaved
4/11 At the Gates
MDF
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
It's from Saturday's, it's the alley-oop that they called back because of an illegal screen. So it's not as fun in context. But out of context, HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE DO THAT!?

Btw, what are playoff tickets going for? I'll be home by the second round and I'd really like to see a game.
Ah, I remember that play, too.

I got tickets in Section 209, Row 7 - which were pretty decent, BTW - for $74 apiece. I saw 'em from around forty or fifty bucks a few days before I bought mine, though - but you'd probably be sitting in the nosebleeds if you bought those. Another thing to consider is, by the time you get home, it'll be in the later rounds, and prices will most likely be going up (which is why I went last night).
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008