King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 AM
N00B

Iced Earth -- Sao Paulo, Brazil -- February 6th, 2010

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iced-e...-23d75c37.html

saw this and immediately asked "why the hell didnt they play this set in the US back in 08?!?!"

In Sacred Flames
Behold the Wicked Child
Burning Times
Declaration Day
Violate
Pure Evil
Dracula
Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Ten Thousand Strong
Stormrider
The Hunter
Prophecy
Birth of the Wicked
The Coming Curse
----------------------------
Dark Saga
A Question of Heaven
My Own Savior
----------------------------
Iced Earth
Old 04-15-2010, 04:38 AM
welp

Nice fuckin' set. I'm hoping for another US tour one of these days, I still have yet to see them.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
That Guy

Fuck I would have LOVED to have seen this set back in 08. I'm still dreaming for the day that Jon Schaffer will finally get off his ass and play some god damn Burnt Offerings songs again!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Good set but needs atleast one song from burnt offerings.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
Pure Evil
The Hunter
Prophecy
Birth of the Wicked
The Coming Curse
Dark Saga
A Question of Heaven
Nice. I'm in the minority that didn't hate the '08 US setlist though. I enjoyed getting to see 2/3 of Gettysburg, Watching Over Me, Come What May, and Setian Massacre, all of which are absent from this set.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Good set but needs atleast one song from burnt offerings.
Yes, it does. Get the horrible Dark Saga out of there and get Dante's Inferno in immediately. Otherwise a very solid set. I didn't even know they were touring anywhere recently. I thought Schaffer was occupied with the awful side project he has right now. Fuck that shit and start writting and new Iced Earth album.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yes, it does. Get the horrible Dark Saga out of there and get Dante's Inferno in immediately. Otherwise a very solid set. I didn't even know they were touring anywhere recently. I thought Schaffer was occupied with the awful side project he has right now. Fuck that shit and start writting and new Iced Earth album.
If they want to do anything from the dark saga they should do anything but Dark Saga and I died for you those are the only two Iced Earth songs I dont like. I find no problem with Schaffers side project
Old 04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
In Search of Truth

I think Burnt Offerings is ridiculously overrated, and am not upset they never play anything off of it. Just an album I never really "got", even when I was batshit crazy about Iced Earth like 5 years ago.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
If they want to do anything from the dark saga they should do anything but Dark Saga and I died for you those are the only two Iced Earth songs I dont like. I find no problem with Schaffers side project
You've GOTTA be kidding me. Dark Saga and I Died For You are 2 of the only 5 songs on that album that aren't completely forgetable - not to mention Schaffer is notorious for writing albums with like 5 filler tracks apiece. Over time I've realized there are actually more Iced Earth songs I don't like than I do, and these two are both definitely ones I do.

Edit: And Schaffer's side project, music aside, is just ridiculous. I hate preachy music, no matter what it's preaching about. Pro-religion? Anti-religion? liberal? Conservative? Pro-War? Anti-War? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND CONCENTRATE ON MAKING MUSIC. /Rant over.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
You've GOTTA be kidding me. Dark Saga and I Died For You are 2 of the only 5 songs on that album that aren't completely forgetable - not to mention Schaffer is notorious for writing albums with like 5 filler tracks apiece. Over time I've realized there are actually more Iced Earth songs I don't like than I do, and these two are both definitely ones I do.

Edit: And Schaffer's side project, music aside, is just ridiculous. I hate preachy music, no matter what it's preaching about. Pro-religion? Anti-religion? liberal? Conservative? Pro-War? Anti-War? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND CONCENTRATE ON MAKING MUSIC. /Rant over.
I died for you and dark saga never appealed to me and are my least favorite IE songs. I think the Sons Of Liberty(Schaffers side project) album would of sounded better if he did it with IE.

Tags
iced earth