Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
you really think that syd barret shit is better than the wall?
I think A Saucerful of Secrets is better than about half of the albums I listed. For the record, Syd Barrett is awesome, and has the best non-Floyd material besides Gilmour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
...and I definitely don't buy into the comment about conforming the minute one admits that one likes Pink Floyd, because that's just another flavor of the same old tired fucking elitist argument that once a band is huge it's not "hip" or "cool" to like them anymore. Sorry Pink Floyd got big. I like still them.
This is true though. I personally do not care what people think, but liking Pink Floyd is like liking Nirvana. You're not going to get any coolness points for doing it - because almost everyone does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
No, but they're going to say so, because on here, making a point is more important than telling the truth.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The Wall is better than the Barret stuff, but it's worse than the rest of it except The Final Cut. Listen, I don't hate The Wall, I own it, and I listen to some of the songs on it every now and again. I'm not making a point, I just genuinely don't see how the fuck you can look at the Wall next to ESPECIALLY the four albums that came before it and say it's even at a similar level of quality. And Roger Waters DID become a giant fuckwad, and I would NOT want to go see him masturbate his ego for two hours when it was Gilmour who made me love Floyd in the first place.
I'm cool with all of this - especially the last sentence. My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
So...am I "making a point" by saying I don't like Pink Floyd?

Cause, y'know, I don't.
No. You're being honest. Either you misinterpreted something I said, or I mis-stated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I think A Saucerful of Secrets is better than about half of the albums I listed. For the record, Syd Barrett is awesome, and has the best non-Floyd material besides Gilmour.

This is true though. I personally do not care what people think, but liking Pink Floyd is like liking Nirvana. You're not going to get any coolness points for doing it - because almost everyone does.

Don't know the Saucerful album very well, but I generally only marginally like the Syd Barrett stuff. I don't disagree with the Nirvana comment, I guess. I can't see the photo you posted at work, but I'm guessing my response would be either or , so I'm gonna go with this:

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-14-2010 at 12:52 PM.