Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned Asshole

My biggest concert regret of all time was going to Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, and Cannibal Corpse instead of seeing Primus that night. I still don't know what I was thinking. I had tickets before Primus got announced and I didn't want to waste the tickets since I couldn't find anyone to buy them. I've been beating myself up every day since.

Second is Steve Vai, I could have gone to the taping of 'Where the Wild Things Are' that and he hasn't came back since

Third is missing Rush any time they have came since I've been of concert attending age

Fourth is Zappa Plays Zappa's first tour. I am really against the Zappa Family Trust and at the time I didn't want to give them any of my money what so ever. Later I found out who was in the line up. I would have loved to see Steve Vai, Napoleon Murphy Brock, and Terry Bozzio one one stage...

Those are the big ones I can think of for now. I'm still beating myself up for not seeing Prog. Nation 2008 as well cause I've never seen Opeth. : /

Every single one of these shows were due to my being a poor bastard.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
I was at that show - most of the crowd was in hysterics laughing at Hammerfall.
I am a fan of Hammerfall and Death, but yeah, I am not surprised that happened.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Frankly I think Priest live sucks all the time. Not in terms of technical performances but in terms of entertainment value. Both times I saw them I was ridiculously bored.
are u arguing in favor of theatrics over performance?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
are u arguing in favor of theatrics over performance?
No, I'm arguing for their equality in terms of live music value. For example:

Maiden is not a particularly tight live band. Not to say they're sloppy per se, but they're average - some mistakes, but overall a good show. Now take Dream Theater - musically they are absolutely flawless and mind-numbingly tight live. But in the eyes of most (including myself) they are pretty god damn boring. If given the choice, I'd rather see Maiden - because I would rather see an OK live band that makes up for it with theatrics and entertainment than a 100% perfect band that simply stands there and makes me wish I had saved my $50-a-ticket (or whatever) by staying home and just watching a live DVD.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:

Maiden is not a particularly tight live band. Not to say they're sloppy per se, but they're average - some mistakes, but overall a good show. Now take Dream Theater - musically they are absolutely flawless and mind-numbingly tight live. But in the eyes of most (including myself) they are pretty god damn boring. If given the choice, I'd rather see Maiden - because I would rather see an OK live band that makes up for it with theatrics and entertainment than a 100% perfect band that simply stands there and makes me wish I had saved my $50-a-ticket (or whatever) by staying home and just watching a live DVD.
i see what you're saying. when i saw Necrophagist on Summer Slaughter last year they played flawless, but i got bored after awhile. when i saw DragonForce in '06, before all the guitar hero nerds discovered them, the crowd went apeshit for them and were tons of fun, despite how sloppy they were back then.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 04-14-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Ironbound

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
i see what you're saying. when i saw Necrophagist on Summer Slaughter last year they played flawless, but i got bored after awhile. when i saw DragonForce in '06, before all the guitar hero nerds discovered them, the crowd went apeshit for them and were tons of fun, despite how sloppy they were back.
Fates Warning is a band I have always really liked, however live I find them quite boring.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post
Fates Warning is a band I have always really liked, however live I find them quite boring.
I can't wait to be disappointed in that case, haha. I'm driving 4 hours each way to Hartford, CT on June 4th to finally see them.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
I can't wait to be disappointed in that case, haha. I'm driving 4 hours each way to Hartford, CT on June 4th to finally see them.
Oh! That's cool! The last time I saw Fates was when they opened for Savatage on the Poets and Madmen tour.