Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 04-12-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I beg to differ. Their last album was pretty shit as well, aside from 2-3 fairly good songs. I feel they really have the potential to do great things, but as of now they're wasting their time with writing songs that make the Village People seem straight.

And on the topic of wasted potential, and I don't care how much hate I might get, I honestly feel that Whitechapel would be a decent band if it weren't for the god-awful breakdowns. I can't lie, I genuinely like some of the non-core parts in their songs, but they keep managing to kill any sort of joy I have listening to them with the breakdowns.

Also, as we all know, their fans are, for the most part, gaytarded, which I believe hurts their reputation more than anything in the metal community, and that goes for other decent/potentionally good deathcore bands as well.
Scream Aim Fire had some good tracks but also some awful ones. Waking the Demon, Eye of the Storm, Take It On Me, and Ashes of the Innocent were all awesome. the rest of the album was shit or mediocre.

and no one should ever feel bad for liking a deathcore band thinking they may lose metal credibility. that is fucking lame. and yeah Whitechapel is a great band but they overdo the breakdowns sometimes. i like some breakdowns but when it's breakdown after breakdown it gets old. listen to Father of Lies though that's probably their best song.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 04-12-2010, 03:49 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

I don't dislike deathcore for the whole "metal credibility" thing. Christ, Trivium are one of my favorite bands, and for the longest time they were one of the most hated bands in metal.

All in all, I just find deathcore, and any music that relies soley on breakdowns, to be LAME.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
and no one should ever feel bad for liking a deathcore band thinking they may lose metal credibility. that is fucking lame. and yeah Whitechapel is a great band but they overdo the breakdowns sometimes. i like some breakdowns but when it's breakdown after breakdown it gets old. listen to Father of Lies though that's probably their best song.
Over half this board is in love with Lady Gaga. You're the only one I've ever seen even mention "tr00 metal cred".

For the record, I only like Gaga a little bit. Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are where it's at for me.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 04-12-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I don't dislike deathcore for the whole "metal credibility" thing. Christ, Trivium are one of my favorite bands, and for the longest time they were one of the most hated bands in metal.

All in all, I just find deathcore, and any music that relies soley on breakdowns, to be LAME.
ah alright then. it's cuz i noticed a lot of metalheads always feel so guilty for liking a metal band that's hated a lot, and feel that they lose metal credibility if they do. but yeah i like Trivium a lot too, i really don't care that they're hated by many and considered not true metal.

yeah but not all deathcore RELY on breakdowns. a breakdown is good every now and then but when it's a constant breakdown like Emmure then it's pretty awful. i think Whitechapel does a good job on not overdoing the breakdown except for a few songs. the new song being an example of overdoing breakdowns.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Over half this board is in love with Lady Gaga. You're the only one I've ever seen even mention "tr00 metal cred".

For the record, I only like Gaga a little bit. Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are where it's at for me.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:

i have seen metal credibility been mentioned on this board before. not many, but a lot. but it happens a lot on other boards, where people feel guilty for liking a band they feel that's not true metal.

i myself like listening to Lady Gaga when i'm in party mood, same with LFMAO, or any type of fast techno stuff. but i already got into that and i don't wanna argue with people again. i also like A Day To Remember a lot, i could care less if liking those artists make me lame or "less metal." i know my metal well, and i also like listening to other stuff besides metal.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
not many, but a lot.
Contradiction much? haha
Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
I beg to differ. Their last album was pretty shit as well, aside from 2-3 fairly good songs. I feel they really have the potential to do great things, but as of now they're wasting their time with writing songs that make the Village People seem straight.

And on the topic of wasted potential, and I don't care how much hate I might get, I honestly feel that Whitechapel would be a decent band if it weren't for the god-awful breakdowns. I can't lie, I genuinely like some of the non-core parts in their songs, but they keep managing to kill any sort of joy I have listening to them with the breakdowns.

Also, as we all know, their fans are, for the most part, gaytarded, which I believe hurts their reputation more than anything in the metal community, and that goes for other decent/potentionally good deathcore bands as well.

i for one like whitechapel, but this is all true.

Quote:
Over half this board is in love with Lady Gaga.

reporting for duty.
10/4-Melvins
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:

i myself like listening to Lady Gaga when i'm in party mood, .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjR78...eature=related
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

If I stopped listening to a band because I thought I'd lose credibility, I'd be no better than a scene kid.

Now excuse me while I blast Dragonforce
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER