Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 04-11-2010, 12:20 AM
N00B

Overkill -- Milwaukee, WI -- April 10th, 2010

I got off work at 5, arrived at the Rave basement around 5:45 and was disappointed to see that Evile were already playing. Lazarus A.D. were scheduled to play the show, and I assume they didn't since I came in half way through Evile's set, and it was later confirmed that, for whatever reason, they did not play the show. These are the songs I saw

Thrasher
Time No More
Enter The Grave

Next were Warbringer, I don't know their setlist but they were really really good, I hope to seem them again.

God Dethroned were next, it took them a while to set up, one of the monitors wasn't working or something, which was problem for the rest of the night, I'll elaborate later. But yeah, they were pretty good, I enjoyed them. Anyways, I'm not 100% on the setlist, but I know they played these songs...

Soul Sweeper
Under a Darkening Sky
Nihilism
No Man's Land
Poison Fog
Villa Vampiria

Vader took a long time to soundcheck, Peter's guitar or something wasn't working so after 10 or 15 minutes they used some new cables and that seemed to fix it, but they had to cut their set, they still kicked ass though...

This Is The War
Sothis
Wings
Devilizer
Rise Of The Undead
Crucified Ones

Finally Overkill. They also had problems during the soundcheck, this time with the monitors. Anyways, they fixed it and played a great show. HIM was playing in the same venue, upstairs, so Bobby referenced that a few times. Unfortunately, there was some drunk asshole by me pushing people off the rail, so a couple awesome people threw him down and stomped on him. He was carried off and it was badass. He came back and this time they just threw him over the rail, and when he walked away, he was so drunk he accidentally walked up the stage instead of back into the crowd. But yeah, this probably the best show I've seen, they played for an hour and a half, which is a nice change from the usual 70 minute "headline" sets I've been seeing the past year.

The Green And Black
Rotten To The Core
Wrecking Crew
The Battle
Hello From The Gutter
Feel The Fire
Ironbound
Coma
Bare Bones
Gasoline Dream
Overkill
Bring Me The Night
Elimination
---
Necroshine
Old School
Fuck You/Overkill (Motorhead)

Last edited by Jochen; 04-11-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

COMA!!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

I would be so stoked if they kept in Coma for the NY show.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:41 PM
N00B

Actually, Bobby may not have been referencing HIM. The doors were late opening because there was a private party that was being held upstairs. I guess there was some sort of "coming of age party"- lots of people dressed in suits and dresses, including very small children. I think when he mentioned they were playing the basement so we wouldn't scare the kids, that it was those kids he was referring to.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
N00B

Lazarus was not scheduled to play last night. Their name came off the Rave's website earlier in the week. I know someone who talked to their singer, Jeff, and he said they were not playing that show.

Evile had sound problems before they got started as well. The singer's mic wasn't working, so they were trying to sort that out for some time. The other guitar player would occasionally start a riff, and he and the drummer goofed around a bit. Eventually, the bass player undid his mike and gave it to the singer. I was not familiar with Evile before the show, so I don't know if I missed any of the other songs, but they also played Infected Nation and We Who Are About to Die. The singer was impressed with the crowd, as there was a pretty good pit going during their set. I really liked them, so I picked up a CD.

Warbringer, said they have friends in the area who let them stay at their house when they are in Milwaukee. They played Senseless Life as a special request for them, coming just before Combat Shock. Those guys also had supplied them with a cheesehat, which the singer put on at the start of the second song. After it was over, he made a comment to the effect of, "you guys like that one, or you just really like songs that start with cheesehats."
Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott308 View Post
After it was over, he made a comment to the effect of, "you guys like that one, or you just really like songs that start with cheesehats."
John & Warbringer are always so freakin' entertaining. Now if they'd just learn to change their setlist up a little, they'd be golden.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
you're pregnant so i kicked you in the stomach

such an awesome night! My friend and I traveled 5 hours for this show and it was totally worth it!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicosis91 View Post
such an awesome night! My friend and I traveled 5 hours for this show and it was totally worth it!
That's good to hear because I'm gonna be doing the exact same thing
Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I would be so stoked if they kept in Coma for the NY show.
Would like to see Deny the Cross, Powersurge, and Shred get added somehow!

Tags
god dethroned, overkill, vader