Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 PM
brotuhl

Kataklysm -- Farmingdale, NY -- April 2nd, 2010

For me, Kataklysm is a great live band. Prevail was a cool album, but I'm not going ape shit waiting for the next one. I have enjoyed seeing them both times that I have, and if the time comes where I'll need to see them again, I'll be there whenever they're here. Anyway, here's a setlist:

Like Angels Weeping
Embassadors of Pain
Prevail
It Turns to Rust
The Chains of Power
Centuries (Beneath the Dark Waters)
The Resurrected
Let Them Burn
As I Slither
Crippled and Broken
Bound in Chains
Shadows and Dust

Also, most of the opening bands were pretty great. Death Becomes Her is pretty generic Long Island thugcore, but definitely check out Carcinogen and Facing the Sun. And, if you haven't heard them by now, Lazarus AD are a pretty crazy modern thrash band. Their guitar player knows how to fucking shred. That's all for now.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:47 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

I was really suprised by Carcinogen. Definately didn't expect something that good from a local band. Death Becomes Her was gay as fuck. Facing the Sun were kinda meh, but I think that was due to some sound problems. LaZarus were awesome as always, and Kataklysm were fucking great, even though they had a short set.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Bobb O)))

i really like facing the sun, i wish i could have gone to this but i saw them ope for TBDM back in november.

and death becomes her was awful, they opened for behemoth back in january
10/4-Melvins
Old 04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

I wish Kataklysm played a longer set. Very disappointing after thinking it through. Will hopefully see them headlining again, with a half hour more. At least.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Thats fucking gay that theres a band in NY named Carcinogen. For half a second I got excited and thought Dino Sommese got his old band back together, then read it was a local band and not the Carcinogen from Oakland, CA.
6/6-Ink n Iron
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
your god is dead

The show was overall pretty sick. Kataklysm and Lazarus AD destroyed (as usual). I'm a little upset Kataklysm's set got cut off short though.

my quick review of the locals:

I was very surprised with the first local band 'Carcinogen'. I figured they were going to be another metalcore/deathcore band, but their music really blew me away. They have a lot of potential, but their demo on their myspace doesn't do them justice. My only complaint about them was the frontman. His vocals were great, but his overall look (appearance) was not complementing Carcinogen's style and sound. If he just wore jeans and a t-shirt; it would have been almost a flawless show.

The second band, Death Becomes Her was just what I expected...A generic LI Deathcore/metalcore band. They are nothing new and exciting. The guitarist seemed like he had no idea what he was doing and the vocals were pretty generic. A band that should have not been opening up for Kataklysm/Lazarus AD...maybe for an Emmure or Oceano show ahaha.

The third local band, Facing the Sun were pretty good. The vocalist and lead guitarist were very solid. They greatly improved from when I saw them open up for Deicide last Feb and TBDM/Skeletonwitch. There was something fishy about the sound of the bass/second guitar, but I think that was due to the 'deathcore pollution' caused from the band before them .. Then the 2 national acts came on and kicked ass!!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
your god is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Thats fucking gay that theres a band in NY named Carcinogen. For half a second I got excited and thought Dino Sommese got his old band back together, then read it was a local band and not the Carcinogen from Oakland, CA.
pshhhh, who cares? at least this local band has some sort of potential. Sommese moved on to better things anyway.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:10 PM
N00B

Yeah, this band totally rules live.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Held together at it's last seams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataklysmicdeath View Post
The show was overall pretty sick. Kataklysm and Lazarus AD destroyed (as usual). I'm a little upset Kataklysm's set got cut off short though.

my quick review of the locals:

I was very surprised with the first local band 'Carcinogen'. I figured they were going to be another metalcore/deathcore band, but their music really blew me away. They have a lot of potential, but their demo on their myspace doesn't do them justice. My only complaint about them was the frontman. His vocals were great, but his overall look (appearance) was not complementing Carcinogen's style and sound. If he just wore jeans and a t-shirt; it would have been almost a flawless show.
I disagree. The singer was a maniac, and fronted a really entertaining show. The guy was going for something different, and it works, it made them stand out. His vocals were really powerful. What ruined for me it was the drummer, he just couldn't seem to get it together until the end, and it brought down the performance.
Death Becomes Her was generic I agree. Nothing different there.
Facing the Sun was impressive. The frontman really knows what he's doing, and as a unit the band has it together. They were easily the best local band at the show. The lead guitarist, I agree was really good.
Lazarous A.D. was kickass. They played Revolution, so I left really happy that night. Jeff is a funny guy, had no idea they were from Wisconsin. Convinced me to get another beer with his speech.
Now, Kataklylsm. I've waited years to see these guys, and they were having a great night. There set seemed short, but for guys who have been playing 20 years, you couldn't ask for more.
I'm really glad I went. The Crazy Donkey is the best place in Suffolk to catch a show, and not a bad place to hang out on a Friday night.

Last edited by SuFfoLkPriDe; 04-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
your god is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuFfoLkPriDe View Post
I disagree. The singer was a maniac, and fronted a really entertaining show. The guy was going for something different, and it works, it made them stand out. His vocals were really powerful. What ruined for me it was the drummer, he just couldn't seem to get it together until the end, and it brought down the performance.
Death Becomes Her was generic I agree. Nothing different there.
Facing the Sun was impressive. The frontman really knows what he's doing, and as a unit the band has it together. They were easily the best local band at the show. The lead guitarist, I agree was really good.
Lazarous A.D. was kickass. They played Revolution, so I left really happy that night. Jeff is a funny guy, had no idea they were from Wisconsin. Convinced me to get another beer with his speech.
Now, Kataklylsm. I've waited years to see these guys, and they were having a great night. There set seemed short, but for guys who have been playing 20 years, you couldn't ask for more.
I'm really glad I went. The Crazy Donkey is the best place in Suffolk to catch a show, and not a bad place to hang out on a Friday night.
he was deff a maniac, looked gay though haha. didn't really notice anything about the drummer; dont know their music that well. are you going to Corpse on the 25th? apparently they got added onto the bill too.

Tags
kataklysm