Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

  #131  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Warbringer's first album was good.
The next one sucked.
Even at their best they were still tired run of the mill thrash.
They would have been much better sticking to Cirith Ungo covers.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
New thrash facts:
-Municipal Waste is bad because "party thrash" is bad.
-Toxic Holocaust is good because nobody else is doing that sound and it actually kicks ass.
-Skeletonwitch is fantastic but shouldn't be lumped in new thrash.
-The rest aren't even worth talking about they're so insincere.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
New thrash facts:
-Municipal Waste is bad because "party thrash" is bad.
-Toxic Holocaust is good because nobody else is doing that sound and it actually kicks ass.
-Skeletonwitch is fantastic but shouldn't be lumped in new thrash.
-The rest aren't even worth talking about they're so insincere.
Correct, except there are quite a few people doing the TH sound (really just 80's blackened thrash mixed with punk), just no one gives a shit about them because they aren't on relapse and you can't buy their shirts at Hot Topic.

Party thrash is bad, but Municipal Waste makes great music. At least they did for 3 albums.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,837
Blog Entries: 19
My new thrash revelations:

- I love new thrash, even if it is a gimmick.
- I think Warbringer is the best new thrash band, live and in studio.
- Skeletonwitch shouldn't be lumped in with new thrash bands.
- Blackened thrash metal is my new favorite genre.
- The only time I don't like new thrash bands is when the bands try and imitate Baloff vocals (sup Gama Bomb).
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:46 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
My new thrash revelations:

- I love new thrash, even if it is a gimmick.
- I think Warbringer is the best new thrash band, live and in studio.
- Skeletonwitch shouldn't be lumped in with new thrash bands.
- Blackened thrash metal is my new favorite genre.
- The only time I don't like new thrash bands is when the bands try and imitate Baloff vocals (sup Gama Bomb).

This very well put. The only think I disagree with is Warbringer being the best. They are very good but I don't think they are the best.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:47 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,837
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
This very well put. The only think I disagree with is Warbringer being the best. They are very good but I don't think they are the best.
I just love their energy on record and especially on stage. I also think the vocals are pretty good too.
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
My new thrash revelations:

- I love new thrash, even if it is a gimmick.
- I think Warbringer is the best new thrash band, live and in studio.
- Skeletonwitch shouldn't be lumped in with new thrash bands.
- Blackened thrash metal is my new favorite genre.
- The only time I don't like new thrash bands is when the bands try and imitate Baloff vocals (sup Gama Bomb).
Aggghh.
It's a gimmick and I hate it and the people who like it make me want to not like the few new thrash bands I do like. They are as bad a scene kids, their music is just slightly better. I'm going to a Thrash festival Saturday and the only tolerable bands is Toxic Holocaust, it's really going to test my patience with people.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,837
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Aggghh.
It's a gimmick and I hate it and the people who like it make me want to not like the few new thrash bands I do like. They are as bad a scene kids, their music is just slightly better. I'm going to a Thrash festival Saturday and the only tolerable bands is Toxic Holocaust, it's really going to test my patience with people.
Bonded By Blood and Fueled By Fire are on it too and they'd be fun. Just take it for what it is and try and have fun headbanging.
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I just love their energy on record and especially on stage. I also think the vocals are pretty good too.

They are a great live band. Saw them last year with Kreator and Exodous. Now if they would only switch up their setlist a bit
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The same here. I'll be 32 this summer and ever since i've been about 20, year after year i've become less tolerant of people in general. That's the big reason I do the overnight shift at my job. The less contact i have with the world in general the happier I seem to be.
You can be tolerant of other people and be happy with more contact with the world if you choose to be. If you choose to be intolerant and have little contact with the outside world than thats how it will be. If you choose to be tolerant and enjoy the contact you have with the outside world than that will make life very easy and happy. I know people your age who say they enjoy less contact with others and they might a little but inside I think they would enjoy a little more human contact because it would make for a better,easier and happier life I think they would be better off enjoying everything instead of hating it. Im 17 and I use to be intolerant and hate alot of people but after about 4 1/2 years of hating things and meeting a few new people I have realized I want to be tolerant of others and enjoy the world with human contact not hate it I dont know who you are so I cant really say if you hate the world or not Im just judging from what you said about you being happier with the less contact you have with the world and from experience with people I know. If you understand my point then maybe it can help you.

That being said lets get back on topic with musical truths. I have found that there is to much screaming and growling in metal these days and not enough clean vocals. Some bands that scream and growl I like and listen to(Lamb Of God,In Flames,Shadows Fall). Some bands that scream and growl are just awful and I think they disgrace the great metal genre(Cannibal Corpse,Behemoth,Whitechaple). I also hate when bands that scream and growl cover Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath songs because all they do is scream and growl threw it. When a screaming and or growling band covers Sabbath and Maiden they disgrace the two bands who helped/influenced them to play. Also some modern bands I like do sound the same vocally. Bands like killswitch and All that Remains who combine the screaming and clean singing sound the same. We need something a little bit new in modern metal that is diffrent from that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008