Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

  #91  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us. If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records, tapes and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man."
There was another comedian that was arguing that people always say we need to stop drugs to 'save the kids'....but drugs have done wonders for music...so there has to be a trade off. How kid lives is Darkside of the Moon worth? 50?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
i've realized metalheads on the internet are fucking douchebags. on almost every metal youtube video or on websites like blabbermouth, metalsucks, smnnews, everyone is talking shit saying what bands aren't true metal and that the fans are retarted for listening to something that's not true metal. some people need to shut the fuck up and let people listen to what they want. one can only act so tough behind a keyboard.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us. If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records, tapes and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man."
Bill Hicks wouldn't like 80's hardcore very much. (at least not Minor Threat.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
This.

Damn, I thought the only people left who liked CCR were my Mom and Dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VaJ47l1y9Y

This > all CCR songs.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I don't know, I gotta disagree. I guess it's just because of my lack of exposure, but I have massive trouble understanding most death vocals, with only a few exceptions. As I said - it probably has more to do with the fact that I never listen to them than anything else.
It's probably lack of exposure, I guess. But it's the same thing as a person with an accent though really. I've had math professors in school that had absurdly thick Russian accents, which didn't faze me whatsoever (lol brooklyn) - but the kids from Long Island who hadn't ever really dealt with that before, they spend the entire first half of the semester complaining I CANT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING HE SAYS THIS SUUUUUCKS. I think death vocals are pretty much the same way. Because of that, I can totally understand not liking them because of the sound itself, but complaining that they're impossible to understand is like hating certain power metal singers because their finnish accents are hard to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
i've realized metalheads on the internet are fucking douchebags. on almost every metal youtube video or on websites like blabbermouth, metalsucks, smnnews, everyone is talking shit saying what bands aren't true metal and that the fans are retarted for listening to something that's not true metal. some people need to shut the fuck up and let people listen to what they want. one can only act so tough behind a keyboard.
It's not just the internet.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
xStructualDefect's Avatar
xStructualDefect xStructualDefect is offline
.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
It's not just the internet.
it happens the most on the internet though. i noticed most people only talk shit on the internet but rarely do it in person.
__________________
1.19 Nightwish
2.4 August Burns Red
2.13 Bodom
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-03-2010, 03:28 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
I will not tolerate any CCR bashing.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I will not tolerate any CCR bashing.

Dammit, you too?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:27 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I don't think you can that though. Yes, all three singers are different....but it is mostly the same musicians (Steve at least). I am not saying Dianno and Blaze are terrible singers, but in the big picture of IRON MAIDEN, Bruce is the best of the three.
Agree. But that doesn't make the other two bad, or the albums Maiden made with the other two bad. And because of that, I totally get why people like Blaze, which was your original point.

Bruce is better and I doubt many people would deny that. But the material with Blaze was still good (most of it anyway), so it doesn't matter that better material exists (with Bruce), that stuff is still good.

Plus, his solo stuff is excellent.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Bill Hicks wouldn't like 80's hardcore very much. (at least not Minor Threat.)
.
I have a feeling he would've liked them very much, or probably he did like them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Damn, I thought the only people left who liked CCR were my Mom and Dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VaJ47l1y9Y

This > all CCR songs.
That shit is weak as fuck, get real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_y-CHghv3w
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,821
Someday, I will get myself a Blaze solo album. He was a good singer in his own right and doesn't deserve half the crap he gets.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008