Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

August Burns Red -- Boston, MA -- January 25th, 2015
Dark Tranquillity -- Seattle, WA -- January 23rd, 2015
Phil Lewis -- London, England -- January 22nd, 2015
Rush -- Brussels, Belgium -- May 12th, 1983
Marilyn Manson -- Silver Spring, MD -- January 21st, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 04-02-2010, 12:47 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Five Finger Dick Punch
Gotcha.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Most Screaming and growling metal is fucking awful.
If you ever quote another line from my diary I will kill you.

Here's my musical truth: In what is commonly referred to as the rock & roll music/songwriting/performing arts industry/business, the idea of "playing for yourself" is complete and utter bullshit. Does not exist. Nope, zero, nada, zilch, fuck you punk rock/hardcore astehtics/Henry Rollins. Does not exist. If you pick up an instrument and are going to play places outside of your house and charge people for it/expect to make a living off it, you play for other people, and you have no business whatsoever playing anything than what your fans tell you to do.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"

Last edited by JRA; 04-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,295
Musical truth: I am a motherfucker.
__________________
4/12 Fear FestEvil???
4/17 Electric Fucking Wizard
4/28 Mastodong/Clutch/Big Biz
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
If you ever quote another line from my diary I will kill you.

Here's my musical truth: In what is commonly referred to as the rock & roll music/songwriting/performing arts industry/business, the idea of "playing for yourself" is complete and utter bullshit. Does not exist. Nope, zero, nada, zilch, fuck you punk rock/hardcore astehtics/Henry Rollins. Does not exist. If you pick up an instrument and are going to play places outside of your house and charge people for it/expect to make a living off it, you play for other people, and you have no business whatsoever playing anything than what your fans tell you to do.
I agree with what you just said, except for what I bolded, which I don't agree with at all.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Fires Of Sedition's Avatar
Fires Of Sedition Fires Of Sedition is offline
Visualize perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,595
I've realized that The Offspring is the heaviest band of all time
__________________
12-13: The Devin Townsend Project
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:19 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,563
Blog Entries: 19
I also think I've come to realize that melodic metalcore is worse than deathcore.
__________________
1/11 - Skull Fist
1/16 - Reel Big Fish?
1/18 - Mayhem
2/12 - You Blew It
2/19 - 1349
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I also think I've come to realize that melodic metalcore is worse than deathcore.
Examples?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Fires Of Sedition's Avatar
Fires Of Sedition Fires Of Sedition is offline
Visualize perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,595
Also, Five Finger Death Punch have the best lyrics I've ever heard.
__________________
12-13: The Devin Townsend Project
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:30 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,563
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Examples?
It's just a personal preference, but most melodic metalcore is so predictable with "heavy verses" and "soaring chorus with clean vocals" with some stupid breakdowns thrown in there.

They're both unbearable, but I think it'd take me longer to kill myself at a Suicide Silence performance than a Killswitch Engage performance.
__________________
1/11 - Skull Fist
1/16 - Reel Big Fish?
1/18 - Mayhem
2/12 - You Blew It
2/19 - 1349
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-02-2010, 01:46 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
It's just a personal preference, but most melodic metalcore is so predictable with "heavy verses" and "soaring chorus with clean vocals" with some stupid breakdowns thrown in there.

They're both unbearable, but I think it'd take me longer to kill myself at a Suicide Silence performance than a Killswitch Engage performance.
You're kidding, right? All deathcore sounds the same. All the breakdowns are the same...they are all 'brutal'....so bad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008