Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
-The Number of the Beast deserves its acclaim as one of the classic heavy metal albums of all time (this was not clear to me until last night)
Some days I agree with this one and some days I don't. I dunno what it is but I really can't decide how I feel about the album. Of course I love it but I just don't understand how so many people place it above something like 7th Son.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,835
Mods, please change thread title to "If You Feel Like Starting a Flame War, Post Here". Thanks.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-02-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
bt11763's Avatar
bt11763 bt11763 is offline
Bobb O)))
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Most Screaming and growling metal is fucking awful. there is my musical truth.
I would like to point out your avatar, your argument is invalid.
__________________
9/1-POTR
9/5-Altar of Plagues
9/25-St. Vitus
10/4-Melvins
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Here is my 'musical truths'

-Iron Maiden fanboys, and most other fanboys of anything, really fucking piss me off.
-Led Zeppelin, early Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, and every other band that played anything resembling early metal is over-rated.
-People that hate things because they are new are douchebags.
-Power Metal and Progressive Metal and Progressive Power Metal really aren't that different. (sorry Jeff.)
-I really like their music, but I can't tell any Pelican, God is An Astronaut, Red Sparrowes, or Isis songs apart from each other unless I can see the title.
- I don't "get" Burzum.
- I recently realized that most of the bands and musicians I like, particularly Mastodon, are frequent users of drugs that I do not use, and I have a difficult time reconciling that fact. I would love to say that I don't judge them, but something about the fact that they use drugs, and some fans use drugs, to enhance their musical creativity and enjoyment deminishes the music itself to my sober mind.
- I love Iron Maiden, but I tend to feel disgusted when people compliment me on one of their t-shirts. Oh, really, you like the best, most popular metal band of all time? Cool, bro. And this is especially true when that person then goes on to tell me how much they love Guns N Roses, Korn, or Disturbed.

[/off-the-top of the head, douchebag comments.]

EDIT -

- In my increasing nihilism and misanthropy, I have realized how utterly pointless it is, at any point in time, to argue about music.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 04-02-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
No one saw that coming.
I agree with him.

The only difference is that I wouldn't have said it here, and if I had, I would've said "I hate most screaming and growling metal" - not that it sucks, in a factual sense. Mercenary rules though, love that band.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
I would like to point out your avatar, your argument is invalid.
Troof.

And Jimmy Page is the most overrated guitar player of all time.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Some days I agree with this one and some days I don't. I dunno what it is but I really can't decide how I feel about the album. Of course I love it but I just don't understand how so many people place it above something like 7th Son.
...or moreso, Somewhere In Time and/or Powerslave.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Another thing I realized is even though Metallica are my favorite band, Metallica fanboys piss me off to no end. You know, the kind of person that thinks "LARS IS DA BEST DRUMMER EVARRR!!!!11" and whose next favorite band is probably Slipknot.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
...or moreso, Somewhere In Time and/or Powerslave.
Yeah, basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
I would like to point out your avatar, your argument is invalid.
What is it? I can't tell.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
What is it? I can't tell.
Five Finger Dick Punch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008