Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasPriest89 View Post
Dude get over it,I payed 50$ for a Def Leppard shirt in 2008 and it turned out to be a piece of shit and not because of what the shirt looked like (Because if it looked like shit I would not have bought it) but because what it was made of (It fucking shrunk somehow when I put it on at the gig and it was the only time I wore it) and after the show I bought a cheaper one for 30$ and it was made properly.So quit bitching about shirt prices it would be worse.
That's what you get for buying a Def Leppard shirt.
__________________
8/24 NIN/Soundgarden
11/16 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,728
I can agree that shirt prices are too much nowadays. Some bands charge $20, which is a great price, others charge $40! That's just not right. I think $25 should be the most a tour shirt should cost, because when shirt prices start to be as much as the ticket, its out of hand
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Yeah. 35 isn't much for a Megadeth shirt. I'm not saying its cheap and I never care to buy shirts anyway. All I care about once the doors open is to get on the rail and stay there for the whole time. Fuck everything else. I can count on my fingers the shirts I ever bought at shows: Iron Maiden 2008, Metallica 2008, Kreator 2009 and Heaven And Hell 2009.

But if someone's bitching about shirt price of $35 for Megadeth's RIP 20th anniversary tour shirt and blaming Mustaine for it, that's just fucking ridiculous.
Coming from someone who's opinion I respect it's time to educate yourself Bro. Mustaine receives 80% of all merch money from anything Megadeth. It was pubic knowledge in the lawsuit Ellefson filed against him. The only ridiculous thing is how many people take up for this greedy fucking assclown. He consistently fires bandmates so he can get a bigger piece of the pie. Does anyone think Ellefson is getting anywhere near the cut he used to get? Please... Who could possibly be that fukkin naive?

This was just 1 of my many complaints about that horrific night but when people start accepting $35 for a short-sleeved shirt that cost $5 to produce then enemy has already won.

If anyone paid $50 for a Def Leppard shirt they have serious issues. I saw Metallica on the Ride the Lightning Tour. Ticket $12, Shirt $15 and it's still in great shape. The best $27 I ever spent. I can't fathom someone paying $70 to see Def leppard play all their Hysteria shit and wanting to represent that crap with a $50 shirt. Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I stick by everything I said 100%. Nuff said'
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Coming from someone who's opinion I respect it's time to educate yourself Bro. Mustaine receives 80% of all merch money from anything Megadeth. It was pubic knowledge in the lawsuit Ellefson filed against him. The only ridiculous thing is how many people take up for this greedy fucking assclown. He consistently fires bandmates so he can get a bigger piece of the pie. Does anyone think Ellefson is getting anywhere near the cut he used to get? Please... Who could possibly be that fukkin naive?

This was just 1 of my many complaints about that horrific night but when people start accepting $35 for a short-sleeved shirt that cost $5 to produce then enemy has already won.

If anyone paid $50 for a Def Leppard shirt they have serious issues. I saw Metallica on the Ride the Lightning Tour. Ticket $12, Shirt $15 and it's still in great shape. The best $27 I ever spent. I can't fathom someone paying $70 to see Def leppard play all their Hysteria shit and wanting to represent that crap with a $50 shirt. Sorry, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I stick by everything I said 100%. Nuff said'
How much was gas in 1984? Do you refuse to buy gas today because it costs more than it did 26 years ago? It sucks, but if you want to drive you have to pay the price.
__________________
07/18: Megadeth
07/24: NIN/Soundgarden
08/18: Alice In Chains
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
To me, it comes down to what am I going to let define the day. For you, clearly, it was Dave Mustaine walking offstage, then the price of the shirts. What I would let define the day is that I saw one of the greatest metal bands of all time play in front of me. Sure, it was 3 songs, but I know I'll be seeing them play the make up show tomorrow. I had fun. Sure, the shirts were a bit pricy, but I think the memory of the show is worth more than that, so I'll pick one up anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post

This was just 1 of my many complaints about that horrific night but when people start accepting $35 for a short-sleeved shirt that cost $5 to produce then enemy has already won.
You know, the cost to make the shirt is actually much less

I do agree with you on shirt prices, but hey, some will buy and others won't. I sure as hell will, well for some shows at least.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
How much was gas in 1984? Do you refuse to buy gas today because it costs more than it did 26 years ago? It sucks, but if you want to drive you have to pay the price.
True but my point was directed more at Dave and his greed. I bet most bands split the Merch money evenly. I believe Ellefson and his claims that Dave stole money from him and the other bandmates. That's who that guy is... I saw it with my own eyes. Drugged up and drunk Dave was really cool and fun to meet and hang out with. New "born again" Dave is bitchy, greedy and has a God complex. Just my take from personal experience. I'm sure other people met him on a good day and might have different opinions but I met Dr. Jeckyl and thought he was awesome and have now seen Mr. Hyde and he's an assclown. hahaha
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Coming from someone who's opinion I respect it's time to educate yourself Bro.

This was just 1 of my many complaints about that horrific night but when people start accepting $35 for a short-sleeved shirt that cost $5 to produce then enemy has already won.

I stick by everything I said 100%. Nuff said'
Hey man get over it. You are talking as if Mustaine and his band are the only ones to charge $35 for a shirt. Every major band does it. You can say whatever else you want about how much you hate Mustaine, but your argument against the shirt prices isn't fair and isn't valid. As es156 said, comparing prices from 26 years ago to now is just not on.

I'm not blindly disagreeing with you though. I'm doing it with reason. I agree with you on your point that its the people's fault to accept such prices.

Shirt prices should be proportionate to the ticket prices. A $35 shirt at a $100+ Maiden, Metallica or Heaven And Hell show is okay, but not at a $35 Megadeth show.

Mustaine said in a recent interview that they are charging less for the tickets on this tour because he wants people to be able to afford tickets, bring friends along, have a few drinks and have a good time. May be he should consider the merch prices too.

Sorry to say this, but either way, I don't see them selling a Rust In Peace souvenir shirt for 15 bucks any time soon.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Hey man get over it. You are talking as if Mustaine and his band are the only ones to charge $35 for a shirt. Every major band does it. You can say whatever else you want about how much you hate Mustaine, but your argument against the shirt prices isn't fair and isn't valid. As es156 said, comparing prices from 26 years ago to now is just not on.

I'm not blindly disagreeing with you though. I'm doing it with reason. I agree with you on your point that its the people's fault to accept such prices.

Shirt prices should be proportionate to the ticket prices. A $35 shirt at a $100+ Maiden, Metallica or Heaven And Hell show is okay, but not at a $35 Megadeth show.

Mustaine said in a recent interview that they are charging less for the tickets on this tour because he wants people to be able to afford tickets, bring friends along, have a few drinks and have a good time. May be he should consider the merch prices too.

Sorry to say this, but either way, I don't see them selling a Rust In Peace souvenir shirt for 15 bucks any time soon.
That was my point 5 pages ago. Personally I've never seen $35 for a shirt. I saw Maiden on the SBIT Tour and short-sleeved shirts were $30. Heaven and Hell were $30, 2 years ago. I don't live in LA so maybe it's different there but this was the 1st time I ever saw $35, hence my comment. Where does it end? Will shirts be $50 in 2012? $75 for a long-sleeve?

Like I said this was one of my many faults with that evening but it all worked out. I got a free ticket to any show plus got to see Testament and Exodus. I'm happy overall but I'll never pay to see Megadeth again, that's all. You have to stand up for what you believe in and it's great people think $50 (with fees) for a club show is a great deal, it was fair I thought. Not like he was doing us a favor by any means...
__________________
7/30 - Offspring
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Dave is just a shithead nowadays. A damn shame, but I guess if he didn't get straight he wouldn't still be alive, so take it for what you will.
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
exodus, megadeth, testament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008