Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

From a recent interview with Chris, he stated the reason they aren't opening with Holy Wars is so when they finally play "Rust In Peace" the soundboard is dialed in and spot on. So if after the 1st 3 songs the mix is bad, you can bet your ass they aren't gonna go into "The main reason most people bought tickets" for.

I have read the boards too and they are all talking about a 2nd mixer, so I'm gonna side with the many and not the one here.

When I saw them in Atlanta they are awesome. Sucks you got a shit show in a small shit venue.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Headbanger

Dave Mustaine is doing this tour even though he didn't really need to, just because American Carnage was cancelled and they wanted to do something for the fans. On top of that he is taking out two of the most awesome thrash bands Testament and Exodus. On top of this they are playing the most unbelievable set list you would ever see. On top of that they tried everything they could to get that show done, but couldn't, and used their off day on the tour to stay back in that fucking place and play another show.

If you still hate the guy and his band, I really don't know what more I can tell you.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Dave Mustaine is doing this tour even though he didn't really need to, just because American Carnage was cancelled and they wanted to do something for the fans. On top of that he is taking out two of the most awesome thrash bands Testament and Exodus. On top of this they are playing the most unbelievable set list you would ever see. On top of that they tried everything they could to get that show done, but couldn't, and used their off day on the tour to stay back in that fucking place and play another show.

If you still hate the guy and his band, I really don't know what more I can tell you.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
The amount of baseless assumptions you're making is so ridiculous that I can't even type "LOL" anymore. Think about what you're saying.
Coming from a guy who said Black Sabbath ruined Metal it's not like you have any form of a brain anyway.

At least the mixer story makes some sense. Too bad he never mentioned that in his babyfied rants. I really wish someone recorded the other rants to prove my point.

I met Mustaine and Friedman in Vegas on the Youthanasia Tour and he was very cool then. Of course he was janked up and drinking at the Hard Rock Hot Tub with Dez from Coal Chamber (at the time). He was laughing at all the meatheads at the pool and seemed so down to earth and fun.

Maybe if he had a drink that night he wouldn't have been such a bitch...
Old 03-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post

Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Coming from a guy who said Black Sabbath ruined Metal it's not like you have any form of a brain anyway.
He was joking.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
He was joking.

hahahaha
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 AM
You took my heart & left it blown to smithereens, I gave my body as a slave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
$35 for a short-sleeved t-shirt is all about Mustaine. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing them. I can't think of 1 musician I have less respect for than Dave. Between not playing his older material because he's "born again" to charging $35 for a shirt then walking off stage after 3 songs at our show. I've been to hundreds of shows and never seen the type of shit he does. Props to Metallica for getting rid of that cancer when they did.
Dude get over it,I payed 50$ for a Def Leppard shirt in 2008 and it turned out to be a piece of shit and not because of what the shirt looked like (Because if it looked like shit I would not have bought it) but because what it was made of (It fucking shrunk somehow when I put it on at the gig and it was the only time I wore it) and after the show I bought a cheaper one for 30$ and it was made properly.So quit bitching about shirt prices it would be worse.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I dunno, maybe if I had a job...
There are always jobs to find sometimes you just have to lower your expectaions/standards to get one. It maybe something shitty (most jobs are) but at least you'll have some money coming in

As for the shirts, nothing says you have to buy one. I have a steady job and didn't get one when I saw them earlier this month. Even though I did have the money to spare I didn't feel like spending it on a shirt. As i've gotten older i've realised that getting shirts at concerts isn't that important. Because after a few years the shirt shrinks, fades away and eventually becomes unwareable. The memories of the shows you go to are what's important and that's what lasts, the shirts NEVER do.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasPriest89 View Post
Dude get over it,I payed 50$ for a Def Leppard shirt in 2008 and it turned out to be a piece of shit and not because of what the shirt looked like (Because if it looked like shit I would not have bought it) but because what it was made of (It fucking shrunk somehow when I put it on at the gig and it was the only time I wore it) and after the show I bought a cheaper one for 30$ and it was made properly.So quit bitching about shirt prices it would be worse.
Yeah. 35 isn't much for a Megadeth shirt. I'm not saying its cheap and I never care to buy shirts anyway. All I care about once the doors open is to get on the rail and stay there for the whole time. Fuck everything else. I can count on my fingers the shirts I ever bought at shows: Iron Maiden 2008, Metallica 2008, Kreator 2009 and Heaven And Hell 2009.

But if someone's bitching about shirt price of $35 for Megadeth's RIP 20th anniversary tour shirt and blaming Mustaine for it, that's just fucking ridiculous.

Tags
exodus, megadeth, testament