Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvltOvPersonality View Post
Wow Megadeth only 1 song off of Shitgame, and the best song off the album at that.
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidis138 View Post
So it doesn't seem like the setlist is changing. Not even by one
And why should it change? People would be more pissed if it DID change every night.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
So it doesn't seem like the setlist is changing. Not even by one
And why exactly should it change at all? This isn't Metallica or Dream Theater who we expect to switch the sets every night. Megadeth is a band who doesn't change their set for a tour very much at all. A song or two my get dropped in favor of another song or two but that's it. They're only playing this set for the a month, that's it. There's no need to change anything in it if the RIP 20 tour is only going that long.

From the reviews i've read and from actually attending this show, the crowd is going fuckin nuts for this set. So why exactly would Mustaine think about changing it if the crowd is giving them such a great response at every show? Another thing is band chemistry. If you play the same songs every night the band sounds tighter and the songs sound near perfect. Switching the set every night causes more fuck ups (forgetting lyrics, playing sounds a bit off) and if we all know Mustaine, he isn't gonna have any of that. He wants his fans to hear the best performance possible and that's why not only Megadeth, but a lot of other bands stick to the same set.

It may get boring but there are positives to playing the same set for and entire tour. The way Megadeth is sounding on this tour is proof it works.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvltOvPersonality View Post
Wow Megadeth only 1 song off of Shitgame
Am I the only one who likes every album from all the bands I listen to.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
And why exactly should it change at all? This isn't Metallica or Dream Theater who we expect to switch the sets every night. Megadeth is a band who doesn't change their set for a tour very much at all. A song or two my get dropped in favor of another song or two but that's it. They're only playing this set for the a month, that's it. There's no need to change anything in it if the RIP 20 tour is only going that long.

From the reviews i've read and from actually attending this show, the crowd is going fuckin nuts for this set. So why exactly would Mustaine think about changing it if the crowd is giving them such a great response at every show? Another thing is band chemistry. If you play the same songs every night the band sounds tighter and the songs sound near perfect. Switching the set every night causes more fuck ups (forgetting lyrics, playing sounds a bit off) and if we all know Mustaine, he isn't gonna have any of that. He wants his fans to hear the best performance possible and that's why not only Megadeth, but a lot of other bands stick to the same set.

It may get boring but there are positives to playing the same set for and entire tour. The way Megadeth is sounding on this tour is proof it works.
I agree completely and I'm not saying I don't want to see the show if the setlist is the same but Mustaine did say they may be bringing shit out from the first two albums. I'm not saying change it drastically I'm just saying well how bout RIP and maybe Devil's Island and then the rest of the set.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I'm not saying change it drastically I'm just saying well how bout RIP and maybe Devil's Island and then the rest of the set.
That would be cool but after seeing this set live it works very well the way they have it. They do the first three back to back without stopping to get the crowd going. Then they stop for a minute and Dave welcomes everyone and asks if "we all know why we're here" and then starts HW. After RIP is done the band leaves the stage for like two minutes, then Dave talked again to tell us about how he came up with the idea to write Headcrusher. The way they do it is actually paced out very nicely and there's no complaints at all on my part on the song order for this tour.

I noticed you have it listed as one of your upcoming shows. Once you see it you'll understand fully what I mean about it being paced out very well.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 03-16-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:57 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
That would be cool but after seeing this set live it works very well the way they have it. They do the first three back to back without stopping to get the crowd going. Then they stop for a minute and Dave welcomes everyone and asks if "we all know why we're here" and then starts HW. After RIP is done the band leaves the stage for like two minutes, then Dave talked again to tell us about how he came up with the idea to write Headcrusher. The way they do it is actually paced out very nicely and there's no complaints at all on my part on the song order for this tour.

I noticed you have it listed as one of your upcoming shows. Once you see it you'll understand fully what I mean about it being paced out very well.
Sounds awesome and even if the set never changed I'm still crazy excited. Just hoping to get a PS or KIMB rarity too but of course I'm very content with RIP.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Sounds awesome and even if the set never changed I'm still crazy excited. Just hoping to get a PS or KIMB rarity too but of course I'm very content with RIP.
You're in for something really special with this show. It's really hard to describe what it's gonna be like. I wouldn't expect any rarities from the first two albums until the American Carnage tour starts up. They'll probably change the set a bit for that.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
I wouldn't expect any rarities from the first two albums until the American Carnage tour starts up. They'll probably change the set a bit for that.
I can see that happening
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 AM
N00B

Quote:
I can see that happening
He has stated before that they will be changing setlists almost regularly on American Carnage. I really hope they keep Five Magics in the set, though; that was announced before the RIP tour ever was conceived.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by camby118 View Post
He has stated before that they will be changing setlists almost regularly on American Carnage.
They will not be rotating the set much, maybe one or two songs here and there. Dave always likes to make ridiculous claims about his setlists and then never follows through with them.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac

Tags
exodus, megadeth, testament