Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- March 15th, 2010

I got there around 8 o'clock, just in time for doors to open, and I really didn't know what to expect. I knew Ashkira, a local metalcore band who I consider to be good were the first band playing. To be honest, there isn't a whole lot that's unique about them, but I think they're fun. Their debut, The Honor of Defeat came out a few months ago, and I listen to it every now and then, it's a pretty solid metalcore album. They played about 30 minutes, and really made the most of their set. If you're a fan of Lamb of God, I'd check them out.

Ashkira:
Beyond the Pale (unsure about this one, wasn't too familiar with it)
Will
Lifelike
Shattered Sun
Illusions of Grandeur

The next band up, Cormorant, are one of my favorite metal bands on the planet right now, and the band I was there for. Everyone here has their own little obsession, Nat with Giant Squid, DethMaiden/everyone with Cobalt, Mankvill with Anaal Nathrakh, mine is Cormorant. I had no clue what their live show would be like, and was really scared that I wouldn't like it, thus taking something away from the band. I couldn't have been more wrong. They were awesome. Rocking out to Scavenger's Feast live is probably some of the most fun I've ever had at a metal show. They played only tunes from Metazoa, which bummed me out a bit, because I think some of their best material is on The Last Tree. They also played two new songs, one an instrumental. Both were brilliant, and showed of more of a black metal influence than Metazoa or The Last Tree. I'm not really good at writing this shit, so I'm going to just say some things that are on my mind. If they don't have success down the road, something's wrong with the world. If they get enough money to go on the road, you all should see them. I have such a man crush on this band, and they really made me feel like I saw something special yesterday. Long winded post over...

Cormorant:
Scavenger's Feast
Uneasy Lies the Head
New Song
Blood on the Cornfields
New Song

Couldn't stay for much of Suidakra, but what I did see was fantastic. I've never had the opportunity to get into them as much as I would have liked, but if you're into them, they've got a great live show as well.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

You. Got. Damn. Mother. Fucker.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 PM

Also, Giant Squid's on hiatus until Aaron comes back from the East Coast, after that, tours are a possibility. Giant Squid/Cormorant/Grayceon =
Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Did they say anything about a new album with the new songs being played?
Swans: 9/11
Trust: 9/27
Old 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
Did they say anything about a new album with the new songs being played?
No they did not, but I know that as of a month or two ago they had no plans to record yet. I'm willing to bet if we do get a new album, it'll be in 2011.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

I'd love to see Cormorant in concert. Got Metazoa off of Itunes recently and I'm really digging it.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Giant Squid/Cormorant/Grayceon =
That would be awesome, but I wonder if it would include anything East of the Rocky Mountains. If so, I'm so there.

BTW, Grayceon should have an album coming out this year, from stuff I've read, new songs that I've heard both on last year's tour as well as posted online, and also based on what Jackie and Zack were saying last August when I met them in Chicago. They're heading overseas in April and May for a tour with Jucifer, but I believe they will be recording pretty soon after they get back.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 03-17-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
That would be awesome, but I wonder if it would include anything East of the Rocky Mountains. If so, I'm so there.

BTW, Grayceon should have an album coming out this year, from stuff I've read, new songs that I've heard both on last year's tour as well as posted online, and also based on what Jackie and Zack were saying last August when I met them in Chicago. They're heading overseas in April and May for a tour with Jucifer, but I believe they will be recording pretty soon after they get back.
I bet it would, it'd probably playing the same size venues as the Squid/Grayceon tour. Grayceon has been playing shows like crazy over here, and I haven't been able to make one. I've had so much work, and they always seem to get booked on weeknights. They're playing with Jucifer tomorrow and I'm really bummed I can't make it.

Tags
ashkira, cormorant