Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
I was at the show and the reason why Testament played Into the Pit (I think the first time they've played a song not on The Legacy in this tour so far) is because The Murat is all seats, which means that there is no play to mosh. Every singer commented how that was bullshit and I think Testament played Into the Pit just to shove it up the venue's ass. I also thought that it was cool when Exodus' guitarist pulled up a young kid at the end of their set to play guitar. Great guy.
Maybe i'm nitpicking here, but the fact that there's seats in the venue isn't really the fault of anyone who works at the venue. If anything the bands should be mad at the bookers of the tour for putting them in a place with seats.

Seems like the anger is being misplaced here.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

It was not the first time that Testament played Into The Pit on this tour.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Anyone know what time Exodus hit the stage?
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Random Star

Testament has also played Reign of Terror on this tour. Not sure of it's location in the set though...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackedUpForBBQ View Post
Anyone know what time Exodus hit the stage?
In Indy they started at 7:00 and played for about 45 minutes.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citatet View Post
You´re telling me Testament didn´t play "Disciples of The Watch"?

Weak set in my opinion. Sucks there is nothing form "The Formation of Damnation"
i talked to greg (bass) from testament after the gig in pittsburgh on the 12th. at least i'm pretty sure thats what his name was. he told me they'd play a varied set w/ stuff from "formation" on the carnage tour. we were bullshitting and i asked him if he got excited to play a 20+ year old record or if he'd rather play their recent, more challenging/technical material. he said basically he likes doing it this tour b/c its about an era and the classic thrash, but he'd prefer to play a more varied set. at least they got 1 non-legacy tune in there. i thot they'd only have time for legacy.

sadly we completely missed exodus, guess they went out right at 7pm, which is when it listed as doors opening, show @ 730. oh well. i went for rust in piece. thats all i cared about. honestly, i wouldnt have gone if it was just megadeth. rust in piece is really their only record i love start to finish, so i had to see this show, and it was killer.

also bud taped the whole gig on video. you can look for youtube samples later today (http://www.youtube.com/digitaIIive). megadeths A++++ looks fantastic. Testament, there were ppl being ushered to their seats so there are a few security ducks and heads in the way from ppl walking to and from. have better seats for mastodon where we'll be front of the balcony so that won't be a problem. this is an odd venue, oooold ass style theater, all seated, ushers that seat you n' shit.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Maybe i'm nitpicking here, but the fact that there's seats in the venue isn't really the fault of anyone who works at the venue. If anything the bands should be mad at the bookers of the tour for putting them in a place with seats.

Seems like the anger is being misplaced here.
Thing is, there's a room in the same building that is general admission. Killswitch just played that room, and the capacity is about the same. The Murat is a complex with several halls. For some reason, they've started having metal shows in the main theater, instead of in the Egyptian Room. Rob Zombie played the theater as well.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallive View Post
i talked to greg (bass) from testament after the gig in pittsburgh on the 12th. at least i'm pretty sure thats what his name was. he told me they'd play a varied set w/ stuff from "formation" on the carnage tour. we were bullshitting and i asked him if he got excited to play a 20+ year old record or if he'd rather play their recent, more challenging/technical material. he said basically he likes doing it this tour b/c its about an era and the classic thrash, but he'd prefer to play a more varied set. at least they got 1 non-legacy tune in there. i thot they'd only have time for legacy.

sadly we completely missed exodus, guess they went out right at 7pm, which is when it listed as doors opening, show @ 730. oh well. i went for rust in piece. thats all i cared about. honestly, i wouldnt have gone if it was just megadeth. rust in piece is really their only record i love start to finish, so i had to see this show, and it was killer.

also bud taped the whole gig on video. you can look for youtube samples later today (http://www.youtube.com/digitaIIive). megadeths A++++ looks fantastic. Testament, there were ppl being ushered to their seats so there are a few security ducks and heads in the way from ppl walking to and from. have better seats for mastodon where we'll be front of the balcony so that won't be a problem. this is an odd venue, oooold ass style theater, all seated, ushers that seat you n' shit.
That's weird. My ticket said Doors at 6, show at 7.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:02 AM
N00B

Did anyone else have a MAJOR problem hearing Dave Mustaine's vocals? I know he's kinda quiet live, but this is the 6th time I've seen Megadeth and I've never had any issues with their sound. I could barely hear him or his guitar at this show. I was pissed during Dawn Patrol, they started playing it and I didn't hear vocals kick in at the usual spot, so I thought they were doing a prolonged intro with just drums and bass then dave would walk out on stage, everyone would cheer and he'd start singing. Not the case apparently. I don't know if he forgot to come in or if the sound was just that horrible, but I didn't catch any vocals until "as I read our epitaph". I was fuckin' PISSED!!! Kinda ruined the title track that followed after a disaster like that. My girlfriend and I drove 4 hours to Indy from St.Louis for this theater to suck ass at mixing sound!! I guess hearing a flawless live version of the entire R.I.P. album was just too good to be true. Never going back to the Murat again. Not sure why they skipped St.Louis this time around, they could've played at The Pageant and had a fantastic show. Oh, well at least I can say I've seen RIP live now. My only hope is they come back to St.Louis and at least give us Dawn Patrol and Five Magics.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
Thing is, there's a room in the same building that is general admission. Killswitch just played that room, and the capacity is about the same. The Murat is a complex with several halls. For some reason, they've started having metal shows in the main theater, instead of in the Egyptian Room. Rob Zombie played the theater as well.
Oh, that's intresting. I wonder how many promoters are aware that there are two seperate venues there? It's possible they're booking bands at the venue without realising that.

Tags
exodus, megadeth, testament