Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I can't wait. I really hope Exodus pulls out Bonded By Blood though.
I'm willing to bet they opened with it.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
N00B

No, they didn't open with it surprisingly. I can easily recognize BBB, and they did not play that. I wonder if they'll ever play Exodus one day (the second track off BBB), it's my favorite song by them.

EDIT:
I'm quoting a guy that went to the show for the Exodus set list:
"Heh at the Calgary show they started off with The last Act Of Defiance, and then went into Fabulous Disaster. I was pleasantly surprised. They also played And Then There Were None, Piranha, A Lesson In Violence, Brain Dead (Can't remember the order of the songs), and then closed with The Toxic Waltz and Strike Of The Beast, as per usual. Nothing newer than their first three albums. Pretty cool setlist, but it was a little short, as they were technically the openers."

Last edited by Hyperfluxe; 03-08-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM
N00B

Uh,...it's life down "here" is just a strange illusion.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Uh,...it's life down "here" is just a strange illusion.
Wow!!

Yeah i know that I just copied and pasted that from a lyrics site. Damn how come i never saw that typo
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Large Marge sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe View Post
Exodus
[Unknown]
[Unknown]
Blacklist
Toxic Waltz
[Unknown]
Piranha
[Unknown]

Exodus was very disappointing. I could not hear their songs well, only the overly loud drums. It was just a wall of noise to me. That's too bad, because when I saw them earlier in February, they slayed. They played all their good songs and put up a great performance, and I could actually recognize. I didn't recognize most of the songs they performed last night, but that's probably because I'm not very familiar with newer Exodus.

Testament
Over the Wall
The Haunting
Burnt Offerings
Raging Waters
C.O.T.L.O.D.
First Strike Is Deadly
Do or Die
Alone in the Dark
Apocalyptic City

Testament was fantastic. I loved their performance, and they shook the whole crowd. I was saddened that they didn't play some of their other classics like Into the Pit, Disciples of the Watch, and the Preacher. Oh well, they played their best album in it's entirety. The lead singer is super cool, he was playing air guitar with his mic.

Megadeth
Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado Of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace...Polaris
Headcrusher
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars [Reprise] - They re-played part of the song, the solo until the end. That's very bizarre, I know.

Well, what can I say? Megadeth was simply epochal. It was my first time seeing them, and they just blew my expectations. The whole band was so energetic, and the sound was pristine. Dave's vocals were difficult to hear though. This is the best Megadeth setlist I have ever seen. If they replaced Set the World Afire and In My Darkest Hour with Skin 'o My Teeth and Rattlehead and they added Devil's Island, it would be my perfect Megadeth set list. It was Chris Broderick's birthday yesterday, which I wasn't aware of, and they briefly celebrated on stage by lightning candles on a big ass chocolate cake...and then...they decided to throw it in the middle of the crowd. I feel bad for the dude or chick who got chocolate cake on them. There were a lot of people at this show...way too many. I could barely breath...it was nowhere as bad during the Arch Enemy show. I think that big bands like 'deth should play in larger venues, or the big venues where there are seats available.

So there you have it. Except Exodus, it was a great night.
Hey, Hyperfluxe. Do you by any chance know how much merch was and if there are any shirts I should keep an eye out for when I see this show in P.A on March 18th?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
N00B

There was a lot of merchandise from each band, but the best one in my opinion is the Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary t-shirt. It's looks amazing, it has the full album art in the front of the shirt (very big), great big logo, and the dates on the back. You can also get the one without the dates on the back. It costs 40$ though - a price that I would never ever pay unless if it's for a good looking Kalmah shirt. Testament too had some good looking t-shirts with hooded figures similar to the Souls of Black cover, but with a brown and yellow color scheme. Exodus had the usual merch.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Large Marge sent me.

Quote:
There was a lot of merchandise from each band, but the best one in my opinion is the Megadeth Rust in Peace 20th Anniversary t-shirt. It's looks amazing, it has the full album art in the front of the shirt (very big), great big logo, and the dates on the back. You can also get the one without the dates on the back. It costs 40$ though - a price that I would never ever pay unless if it's for a good looking Kalmah shirt. Testament too had some good looking t-shirts with hooded figures similar to the Souls of Black cover, but with a brown and yellow color scheme. Exodus had the usual merch.
Oh, sweet. I'll keep an eye out for that one. Are there any other Rust in Peace related Megadeth shirts I should look out for also?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Oh well, they [Testament] played their best album in it's entirety.
worst album

Tags
exodus, megadeth, testament