Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Y'all are missin the point. It if was anything they'd play Om's "To the Shrinebuilder" (duh) but like I said their other bands ain't the point. The point is the jam. Some thoughts on the gig last night:

Dunno if they played the same setlist as the first night, as I recall hearing an unfamiliar jam around the Blind/Solar part of the gig that sounded like their own composition (don't hold me to it though my head was inundated enough as it was), and if that third song really was a Joy Division cover they sure sent that motherfucker to Hawkwindian outer space. That + Blind and Pyramid were the peaks of the gig in my opinion.

Storm of Light worship the Cult of Neurisis and execute their songs with precision and loudness. Seen Josh Graham do his thing in Red Sparowes and likewise ASOL's set was accompanied by equally heavy visuals on a projector. Great sound, some moments of brilliance, some moments of meandering, cheers.

Shrinebuilder started off a little slow but about halfway to the end of Architect something clicked and the vibe was locked in for the rest of the set. It could have also been me moving away from the back left where these LA assfaces would not stop talking and the sound wasn't as good to a spot center right up closer to the stage. Perfect. Al was man of the match for sure, incredible playing and tone, and his vocals are the best in the band by a longshot, though the dynamics between the three is a benefit. Al and Scott harmonizing on that one vocal part in I forget which song was awesome. And Dale Crover, well what can be said, one of the best drummers in heavy rock. Also having recently seen St Vitus I think Wino is most comfortable as a guitarist/vocalist, that's where he's at.

For those of us who take life in a way that they could never see, whose brains are hanging upside down, who have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe and were not offended, Shrinebuilder is for us.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 PM
N00B

I listened to 2 songs yesterday, decided I could get into it and since I was in the area and bored I stopped off at the Echo at 8:30. About 9:10, I was still outside and even MORE bored and had to take a leak so I bailed. I wasn't THAT anxious to spend the $15.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
I wasn't THAT anxious to spend the $15.
i only have to pay 5
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
I listened to 2 songs yesterday, decided I could get into it and since I was in the area and bored I stopped off at the Echo at 8:30. About 9:10, I was still outside and even MORE bored and had to take a leak so I bailed. I wasn't THAT anxious to spend the $15.
The show started way later than the 8:30 door time, I walked in after 10 and Night Horse was just finishing. I tried to time it so I would get in there after the openers but they started much later than advertised. Don't regret getting to see Storm of Light though.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Yeah I missed Shrinebuilder last night. I'm so pissed off about it.I went to the show, got in when the first band was playing. Found out the show was delayed a lot. A Storm of Light was starting to set up and I saw Al and asked him bout the third song and he confirmed it was a cover of Joy Division. I noticed there were twice as many speakers set up as the night before, so I figured they were going to go all out and make it even louder. Then what happened next really sucked, got a phone call informing me of a bad family emergency I had to rush to right away...so I ended up paying 18 for nothing
Old 03-06-2010, 02:39 PM
N00B

I was told they had PA problems, if I had known there was a problem I might have been more patient but I was pretty burned and fell asleep not long after getting home.

Tags
shrinebuilder