Unearth -- Ottawa, ON -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014

Old 03-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Kreator -- Worcester, MA -- March 5th, 2010

Kickass show overall with one problem – they moved it from the larger downstairs area to upstairs Palladium stage! While I love being so close to the bands, it indicates that ticket sales were dismal. What the hell is WRONG with New England?!

Moving on…

Lazarus AD was supposed to start at 8:00, and instead took the stage at 7:30. They made it through 6 or 7 songs. Great energy, great playing, and they were practically on top of the audience the whole time. Unfortunately, I fail at a setlist… I’m just glad they played Revolution.

Evile:
Infected Nation
We Who Are About to Die
Time No More
Thrasher
Bathe in Blood
Enter the Grave

I can’t tell if they were screwing with us, but Evile seemed genuinely shocked by the crazy crowd response they got. The audience was really into them, and everything blew up during Thrasher. They kept saying things like “Wow… we really didn’t expect this in America.” I’m looking forward to catching them again.

Nachtmystium:
Your True Enemy
Ghosts of Grace
Life of Fire
Hellish Overdose
Assassins

I hate to say it, but Nachtmystium’s set was barely short of terrible, and I blame that solely on sound quality. No one could hear a word Blake said, and the instruments were so loud that they bled together into one big mess. The only way that you could enjoy the set was if you already knew the music, and most of the audience didn’t. One of my friends, who specifically came for Nachtmystium, claimed that all of the things I was unhappy with were done on purpose… I’m not sure how I feel about that.

Voivod:
Voivod
The Prow
Ripping Heads
Brain Scan
Overreaction
Tribal Convictions
Global Warning
Experiment
Astronomy Domine

Until this set, I was only a fan of Voivod’s more recent works – now I’m a fan of ALL of it. They slayed, they pulled out songs they weren’t sure they could pull off (but did!), and every single member worked the audience. Tons of people got to sing / shout into the mic, Jean-Yves kept jumping on top of the speakers and falling into the audience, they turned up the lights and everyone could see them, and strange antics were in abundance. Seriously… Denis Bélanger was apparently bored during Astronomy Domine and started making paper airplanes out of dollar bills to throw at the audience. How much more quirky can you get?

Kreator:
Choir of the Damned (short)
The Pestilence
Hordes of Chaos
Phobia
Enemy of God
Impossible Brutality
Endless Pain
Pleasure to Kill
Terrible Certainty
Extreme Aggression
Coma of Souls
Servant in Heaven – King in Hell
The Patriarch/Violent Revolution
Demon Prince
---------
Encore:
When the Sun Burns Red
Flag of Hate/Tormentor

Same set as the past two nights. I may not be the biggest Kreator fan out there, but they are amazing live. They make the audience work – that tiny upstairs room was filled with screams, mosh pits, and general mayhem. If you like Kreator in any way whatsoever, you need to go see this tour.

Oh, and all T-shirts that I saw were $20… though I heard someone say that the Lazarus AD shirts were less. Unfortunately, I forgot to confirm that, so it might be wrong.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Jeez, this is the third metal show off the top of my head that has had to be moved upstairs this year (Korpiklaani, Nile, and now Kreator). It's even stranger considering that all three have headlined DOWNSTAIRS in the past few years.

I do have to admit, as much as I wanted to see Voivod, I couldn't make it, which was a shame. Sounds like it was an awesome show.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Jeez, this is the third metal show off the top of my head that has had to be moved upstairs this year (Korpiklaani, Nile, and now Kreator). It's even stranger considering that all three have headlined DOWNSTAIRS in the past few years.

I do have to admit, as much as I wanted to see Voivod, I couldn't make it, which was a shame. Sounds like it was an awesome show.
I agree. Saw Kreator at the Palladium on the last tour and I remember there being a pretty decent crowd downstairs. But then Exodus was on the bill and that might have helped draw a bigger crowd.

Would really have liked to see Evile, but I just picked up my Over Kill tickets for next month, so I'll be seeing them in a few weeks anyway. Might also head to Providence in May to catch Vader, Warbringer and Evile at a small club show after the Over Kill tour ends.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
I know! It's getting ridiculous! They made the decision to shift it last night, and people were pissed. As you know, there isn't nearly enough room up front upstairs for all the usual suspects. I was just lucky enough to get up there.

Quote:
I did keep my eye out for you, though I'll admit... there's an awful lot of long haired dudes and I'm not sure I could ID you anyway
Old 03-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin-J View Post
Might also head to Providence in May to catch Vader, Warbringer and Evile at a small club show after the Over Kill tour ends.
Don't forget God Dethroned I can't wait for that show, I love Club Hell. I'll probably end up at the Overkill show too, but damn, there's like 11 bands on it now cause they added so many locals! Probably get split between the two stages, cause no way can they work one stage with an 11-band bill starting at 7.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:35 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Montreal tomorrow night

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
N00B

Quote:
Don't forget God Dethroned I can't wait for that show, I love Club Hell. I'll probably end up at the Overkill show too, but damn, there's like 11 bands on it now cause they added so many locals! Probably get split between the two stages, cause no way can they work one stage with an 11-band bill starting at 7.
The show on 4/2 will be on both stages. I don't know the breakdown of bands, though.

Tags
evile, kreator, nachtmystium, voivod