Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Just proving a point. All these bands are offering VIP packages but only 1 is barraging people with it over and over again. Now we know why...

Kinda like when I saw a shitton of Alice in Chains tickets hitting craigslist yesterday. There is a threat of snow but tickets were hitting CL every 15 minutes and for face value or less.

Come to find out they cancelled last night's show and might cancel tonight.

Shady shit needs to be called out...

HOW IS THAT THE SAME TO YOU?!?!
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Headbanger

I wasn't calling Alice in Chains out. I was comparing 2 shady incidents.

Incident #1) I've been barraged with Testament VIP stuff even though I already have tickets. I didn't have interest but wondered why they were sending SO MANY of these messages out. Alex is getting money even though he isn't going to be there. Get it? It's pretty cut and dry what I'm trying to say and why I think it's shady. It's shady because of the barragings with Alex in them in my eyes...

Incident #2) Not sure if you guys even read what I said but I'm not calling out Alice in Chains in ANY way. I'm calling out people who are being shady by putting their tickets on Craigs List and hoping the concert gets cancelled. If you buy computer printout tickets or even regular tickets off craigs list in some instances and don't have the receipt, you're SCREWED! The shady person who sold you the tickets got your money and can present his receipt back to tickmaster and get tickets for the new show or get his money back. Get it?
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 AM
In Search of Truth

To be fair, it's not Testament's fault. Being incredibly blatant about this would sort of be insinuating that they believe that Skolnick is by far the most important member of the band, and that people might not want to see the band play the same exact set with out him.

... not saying this isn't true - but I don't blame Testament for not shoving it down everyone's throat.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
I wasn't calling Alice in Chains out. I was comparing 2 shady incidents.

Incident #1) I've been barraged with Testament VIP stuff even though I already have tickets. I didn't have interest but wondered why they were sending SO MANY of these messages out. Alex is getting money even though he isn't going to be there. Get it? It's pretty cut and dry what I'm trying to say and why I think it's shady. It's shady because of the barragings with Alex in them in my eyes...

Incident #2) Not sure if you guys even read what I said but I'm not calling out Alice in Chains in ANY way. I'm calling out people who are being shady by putting their tickets on Craigs List and hoping the concert gets cancelled. If you buy computer printout tickets or even regular tickets off craigs list in some instances and don't have the receipt, you're SCREWED! The shady person who sold you the tickets got your money and can present his receipt back to tickmaster and get tickets for the new show or get his money back. Get it?

Well I'm not against Alex making money off the tour. They are playing some of his work that he has created and has a legal ownership over. He is part of the band (which is a business no matter how you look at it) and deserves a cut of what the band makes. I could get into the technical terms but I'm halfway throwing up at the moment and it's not coming to me.

And as far as the Alice in Chains thing, I don't see any correlation between people selling or scalping tickets for a show that is still technically scheduled to take place (as far as I know) and what you're bitching about with Skolnick. Most of those are probably bots from shitty ticket websites anyway.
10/4-Melvins
Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I'd rather see Eric Peterson and Dragonlord than have to sit through Testament again.
+1
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:

Just a heads up, apparently the big rock radio station in DC has confirmed that the show is happening. I sure hope they're right, I'm leaving in about an hour and I'd hate to make it all the way to DC just to have to turn around and go home.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 03-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Hm, precarious. I ain't trippin, roll on April 1st
Does this mean NO Megadeth at this show:

March 31 - Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Palladium (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)

If so, I will most surely pass and save $$ for Maiden tix!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Headbanger

Yeah the show is still on. I sold my Maryland/Duke tickets for $600 so I was going to buy 2nd row for $100 each but between the hour drive and them being sick I'm going wait and hope they come back to Baltimore.

Yeah my problem with Testament was the amount of barraging then Skolnick bragging specifically about him receiving VIP money.

I bought tickets thinking I was getting Skolnick but never bitched about that once. Sure I would prefer him but my issue was with the glut of emails I received for VIP. Megadeth is doing the same VIP and I received a total of 1 email about them as opposed to 10 from Testament so I knew something was up. My buddy definitely met Alex yesterday because I've seen pics so he would have no reason to lie about him bragging about the "free money" he was going to receive. Sure he should get tour money, never said he shouldn't, I said if they're going to send emails with Alex on them and charge $75 they should at least have tiny fine print saying he isn't going to be there and out of principle that money should go to Glen who is actually there meeting people and talking with them. That's all.

Just trying to protect people. I know there are people who bought VIP expecting to see Alex. Personally I'd be pissed and I would feel duped a little.
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
Does this mean NO Megadeth at this show:

March 31 - Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Palladium (TESTAMENT w/ special guests)

If so, I will most surely pass and save $$ for Maiden tix!
Nah they're playing that, was hoping for a Bay show after but guess not.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Yeah the show is still on. I sold my Maryland/Duke tickets for $600 so I was going to buy 2nd row for $100 each but between the hour drive and them being sick I'm going wait and hope they come back to Baltimore.
Yeah, the scalper prices are a little ridiculous. I was going to have to buy from them to get a decent seat but I managed to pull 3rd row on ticketmaster (although it's as far to the right side of the floor as possible) a week or two ago.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg