Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Both Atheist and Gnostic (Steve Flynn's other band) were kick ass. Back when I got into Atheist 6 years ago I never would have imagined that I would be seeing Atheist live. It was incredible. The guy next to me got their setlist but did Manage to grab Chris Baker's guitar pick and the setlist for Novembers Doom (who were fucking amazing live).

Kelly Shaefer did say that their new album would be out Spring 2010 and they already had book a date at Station 4 for their headlining North American tour. I'm totally there.
Oh sweet lady christ, thats such good news. I thought for sure I would never get the chance to see them again.

BTW, I had no idea that Novembers Doom was slated to play... I feel like a bigger piece of shit now, lol...
Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemeistro View Post
Oh sweet lady christ, thats such good news. I thought for sure I would never get the chance to see them again.

BTW, I had no idea that Novembers Doom was slated to play... I feel like a bigger piece of shit now, lol...
The main bands were:

Primal Fear
Atheist
Novembers Doom
Destroy Destroy Destroy
Gnostic

It was the best Metal show I ever went to. Although I paid the price. I was staning at the gard rail from 3pm to almost midnight with out sitting down. It sucked, but it was worth it standing in front of some of my favorite bands.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
The main bands were:

Primal Fear
Atheist
Novembers Doom
Destroy Destroy Destroy
Gnostic

It was the best Metal show I ever went to. Although I paid the price. I was staning at the gard rail from 3pm to almost midnight with out sitting down. It sucked, but it was worth it standing in front of some of my favorite bands.
Yeah, I know what its like... I did the same thing during Flight of the Valkyries 3 but the lineup was no where close to being as great as that...
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

So, some news from a Primal Fear blog (here) It's got a lot of info about related projects, their upcoming live DVD, and a bunch of other stuff, so check it out.

Tour related:
-Havok were added to the tour, to replace Luna Mortis, who have broken up.
-Pamela Moore will join Primal Fear for all dates.

This is going to be amazing. I think I'm more excited to see PF again than I am for just about every other show coming through in the next few months, though there are plenty of awesome ones headed my way.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
So, some news from a Primal Fear blog (here) It's got a lot of info about related projects, their upcoming live DVD, and a bunch of other stuff, so check it out.

Tour related:
-Havok were added to the tour, to replace Luna Mortis, who have broken up.
-Pamela Moore will join Primal Fear for all dates.

This is going to be amazing. I think I'm more excited to see PF again than I am for just about every other show coming through in the next few months, though there are plenty of awesome ones headed my way.
Shame with the opening band. I figured maybe they'd take this opportunity to get someone good, but I was foolish for getting my hopes up.

Nevertheless, this is going to be completely amazing. The show this past September was easily one of the best shows I've ever been to. Bring it on.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Shame with the opening band. I figured maybe they'd take this opportunity to get someone good, but I was foolish for getting my hopes up.

Nevertheless, this is going to be completely amazing. The show this past September was easily one of the best shows I've ever been to. Bring it on.
Yeah, I got my hopes up that maybe they'd bring someone good along too. But, the blog says "HAVOK are already confirmed as the first support band," so maybe there's a chance that there will be someone else. I'm sure Primal Fear by themselves will be phenomenal, but I'd love for an awesome band in direct support.

Don't know who they could get, though. I think Manticora, Angra, or Falconer would be awesome to see (though I couldn't see any of them as being particularly likely choices). Krucible would be really great in a supporting slot, but I don't even know what the deal is with them or when the hell their debut is coming out.

EDIT: Also, Inmoria. But that's the delusional daydream of a Charles Rytkonen fan.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

FOR PEOPLE PLANNING ON ATTENDING THE WORCESTER CONCERT:

There was absolutely no official announcement of it, and Primal Fear's Myspace & official website tourdates still say that the show is at The Palladium in Worcester, but the show was removed from The Palladium's itinerary and you can't buy tickets from the Palladium's event page on MassConcerts (Though it's still listed). So I figured I would look into it, and checked EnterTheVault.

It's apparently been moved to Harper's Ferry in Allston, MA, and is now 18+ (Which I would be complaining about, but I turn 18 in two weeks).

Just letting you know.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
In Search of Truth

I actually hope there is no more support, barring the very unlikely chance that it's someone I actually really want to see. I don't want anything to drain my energy and enthusiasm for the amazing metal assault that is Primal Fear. That being said, I think White Wizzard should open.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Eh. Havok is alright. They're pretty low on the nu-thrash ladder for me (and totally weird opening up for Primal Fear) but they'd be fun to see.