Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

  #11  
Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yeah man, I dig. I don't download either, but that seems like special circumstances.
yeah that's what I was thinkin lol. Plus i'm not a HUGE fan of Overkill...and i'm runnin low on cash...
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,683
My top 5 so far:

1. Ihsahn- After
2. Charred Walls Of The Damned- S/T
3. Overkill- Ironbound
4. Arsis- Starve For The Devil
5. Fear Factory- Mechanize
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
My top 5 so far:

1. Ihsahn- After
2. Charred Walls Of The Damned- S/T
3. Overkill- Ironbound
4. Arsis- Starve For The Devil
5. Fear Factory- Mechanize
I think After is amazing, myself. Haven't heard Charred Walls of the Damned yet but I might check it out cuz I am much a fan of Richard Christy's drumming. How is that album though? Does it just sound like Iced Earth, or even better?
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2010, 04:39 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
I think After is amazing, myself. Haven't heard Charred Walls of the Damned yet but I might check it out cuz I am much a fan of Richard Christy's drumming. How is that album though? Does it just sound like Iced Earth, or even better?
Richard Christy is why i bought the album. CWOTD sounds nothing liked Iced Earth to me. I'm a huge IE fan as well but this almost smokes Iced Earth. Ripper has great pipes as usual, but it is really Christy that really shines on this one. The best way to describe it is (at least to me) is Melodic Tech Metal without Screams and Growls.

As Richard puts it best...

"Charred Walls Of The Damned is muh faaaaavorite!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Richard Christy is why i bought the album. CWOTD sounds nothing liked Iced Earth to me. I'm a huge IE fan as well but this almost smokes Iced Earth. Ripper has great pipes as usual, but it is really Christy that really shines on this one. The best way to describe it is (at least to me) is Melodic Tech Metal without Screams and Growls.

As Richard puts it best...

"Charred Walls Of The Damned is muh faaaaavorite!"
alright cool.

i'll check it out sometime then.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
alright cool.

i'll check it out sometime then.
You should check out the video for the song, Ghost Town. That will give you a good idea of how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp0zgXAV6Do
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-24-2010, 05:16 PM
overkiller overkiller is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Dark Funeral - Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus
I swear, if I see one more grossly ungrammatical Latin Dark Funeral album title I'm going to kill someone. Probably them. Because they suck.



So far this year I've only heard Delphic - Acolyte and Burzum - Belus. The former has some immediately great tracks but a handful of them bored me, while the latter was initially unimpressive but is growing on me.

Has anyone else heard Belus yet?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-24-2010, 05:35 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
You should check out the video for the song, Ghost Town. That will give you a good idea of how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp0zgXAV6Do
Yeah that's the only song I've heard, it's pretty decent. I'll look at some other ones though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
I swear, if I see one more grossly ungrammatical Latin Dark Funeral album title I'm going to kill someone. Probably them. Because they suck.



So far this year I've only heard Delphic - Acolyte and Burzum - Belus. The former has some immediately great tracks but a handful of them bored me, while the latter was initially unimpressive but is growing on me.

Has anyone else heard Belus yet?
I haven't heard it yet, but once it comes out in North America (which hasn't been announced yet i don't think) I am no doubtedly buying it.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-25-2010, 04:35 AM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Anyone listen to the new Eluveitie? I'm debating buying it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,920
I've heard 15 releases thus far this year. Here's the list, with favorites bolded and disappointments underlined.

Aspera - Ripples
Astral Doors - Requiem of Time
Blaze Bayley - Promise and Terror
Charred Walls of the Damned - S/T
Dawn of Silence - Wicked Saint or Riteous Sinner
Dream Evil - In the Night
Excalion - High Time
Freedom Call - legend of the Shadow King
Gamma Ray - To the Metal
Icarus Witch - Draw Down the Moon
Jon Oliva's Pain - Festival
Overkill - Ironbound
Rage - Strings to a Web
Royal Hunt - X
White Wizzard - Over the Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008