Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Nile -- Raleigh, NC -- February 19th, 2010

@ Volume 11

After waiting half an hour outside the venue and chatted with some metalheads about how to pronounce band names like "Chthonic" and "Krisiun", they let us in.

Rose Funeral was first, and just as I expected, they fucking blew. Other than a few scenefags who showed up to punch and kick the air, the crowd was mostly against them, as they got little response from the crowd. They didn't belong here at all. It was funny watching the fellow metalheads run into the pit and bowl over the hardcore dancers though

Next was Dreaming Dead. Now THIS is more like it! Elizabeth and Laura, while also managing to look sexy as hell onstage, commanded their axes like true shredders. The entire venue was trapped in a storm of the razor sharp riffs and melodic solos that they unleashed on the audience. The entire crowd was really into their performance and they interacted with the crowd nicely. I'd love to see them again!

Krisiun were next, and I have heard about how brutal they are live, but NOTHING prepared me for what they had in store. In addition to hearing Moyses warm up with some old school metal like Metallica and Accept, as well as seeing Max tear his fucking kit to pieces, they also boasted a very brutal pit, and I think it was a tie between them and Nile for who had the most violent pit. It made me really happy to fucking hear "Murderer" live as well

Immolation are probably the reason I can hardly fucking hear right now. I pretty much stood right in front of Bob Vigna the entire time they were on stage, just so I could hear his warped, twisted riffs being played right in front of my face. They played the familiar stuff like "Passion Kill" and "Father You're Not A Father", as well as some stuff from the new record. They got old school with "Burial Ground", but they stated that they had some extra time on their set, which always kicks ass. Then they shocked the hell out of me when they played "I Feel Nothing". This song sounds fucking ACE live

Finally, the band everyone was here for: Nile. Holy fuck did they destroy. Definitely the best performance out of all the bands. It took them a hell of a while to set up their stage (partially due to the fact that there was a leak in the ceiling), but fuck was it worth it. There was much moshing, crowd surfing, and all out mayhem during their set. The whole crowd was chanting to all of their songs, not to mention the band was really into what they were doing. One of those scene kids tried to hardcore dance during their set, which led to him getting bowled over by an entire crowd of metal fans. Nile completely slayed. Their setlist was the only one I remember all the way so here it is:

Nile:
Kafir
Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Hittite Dung Incantation
Serpent Headed Mask
Ithyphallic
Execretion Text
Papyrus...
4th Arra of Dagon
Permitting the Noble Dead to Descend to the Underworld
Sarcophagus
Lashed to the Slave Stick
Cast Down the Heretic
Black Seeds of Vengeance

It was one of the best shows i've been to. I met Bob Vigna and Ross Dolan, and I met Elizabeth, complimenting them on their sound. She shook my hand and said they would come back in the fall, as well as autographing my Dreaming Dead shirt. I bought a shirt from everyone except Rose Funeral, who tried to get me to buy a copy of their CD for 5 bucks. I told them I was broke, then I went to the table right next to theirs and bought a Nile shirt . Turns out they weren't able to sell a single copy of their album the entire night. Serves them right
Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

No Uno? LAME!

I Feel Nothing? Lucky bastard.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:25 AM
That Guy

Gotta admit those are badass Immolation/Nile setlists.

Uno should be mandatory for every person in the crowd for the rest of the tour...and every other gig Rose Funeral for some reason are opening for.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
No Uno? LAME!

I Feel Nothing? Lucky bastard.
I knew I was forgetting something when I got there

Did Immolation play "I Feel Nothing" at any other dates?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
I bought a shirt from everyone except Rose Funeral, who tried to get me to buy a copy of their CD for 5 bucks. I told them I was broke, then I went to the table right next to theirs and bought a Nile shirt . Turns out they weren't able to sell a single copy of their album the entire night. Serves them right
I love you
Old 02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
N00B

Rose Funeral accosted me to try to buy their CD for $10. I would rather burn a $10 bill or use it for toilet paper than buy anything from that piece of crap band.
Picked up a Krisiun shirt for twice the price and three million times the value.

I wish that I had showed up late instead of hearing anything by them.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:57 PM
That Guy

Looks the fun is over on their Wikipedia. Once it's gets unlocked the fun will begin again.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendecatope View Post
Rose Funeral accosted me to try to buy their CD for $10. I would rather burn a $10 bill or use it for toilet paper than buy anything from that piece of crap band.
Picked up a Krisiun shirt for twice the price and three million times the value.

I wish that I had showed up late instead of hearing anything by them.
You sound like the perfect kind of guy to join The Uno Champions!

And welcome to Metalsetlists!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Looks the fun is over on their Wikipedia. Once it's gets unlocked the fun will begin again.
They might as well just delete their Wikipedia page, it will never stop getting fucked with.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:03 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
They might as well just delete their Wikipedia page, it will never stop getting fucked with.
But that's the only recognition they are ever going to get besides Uno. In a year or so, that's all they will ever be known for. Shitty Deathcore, Hating Uno, and getting fucked with on Wikipedia.

Tags
immolation, nile