Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I picked this bad boy up for $12.99 at Hot Topic yesterday.

Just to be clear, I read about the sale online. I never go to Hot Topic (or the mall in general, for that matter), unless I am forced there for something like this.

Anyway, this fucking DVD rocks. Oh my fucking Satan, is Meshuggah a heavy, heavy fucking band live - and I am amazed at how well they can actually reproduce their incredibly complex songs on stage. I mean, we all know (or if you don't, you will now) that some of their stuff is written and laid down on album using a lot of technological tools to help with the insane level of accuracy and production that makes their albums so amazing, but even in the cases where they have to *learn* to play their own material live (for example, as was the case with Tomas and his drum parts in "Bleed"), they still pull off unbelievably amazing things live, that no other band can even approach.

I've been lucky enough to have seen them twice (once was on the tour which was depicted on this very DVD), and I will never miss an opportunity to see them again if I can help it. Meshuggah is one of the heaviest and best metal bands to ever walk the face of this Earth, in my not-so-humble opinion.

M E S H U G G A H = Any questions?
I really want them to come to Oklahoma. Except rose funeral will probably have to come and fuck up that show too.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

*Really fighting hard not to make Rose Funeral comment...........*
Old 02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Headbanger

This dvd is the most incredible live dvd I've ever seen. I didn't think my respect for them as musicians could be higher but I was wrong. highest possible recommendation!
Old 02-19-2010, 05:31 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

So finally Hot Topic doesn't screw something up. $12.99 for this is an absolute steal. It is absolutely amazing to be able to actually watch them pull off those crazy ass solos. The only thing I didn't care for is the lack of Destroy Erase Improve stuff. I'm not even saying playing the popular Future Breed Machine but still I figure they could have got atleast 1 track off of that. But still if thats the biggest complaint that is a definite win. Hell I even forgot it came w/ a live CD so that was just a nice surprise. Possibly 1 too many Obzen songs but it was for the Obzen tour so I understand how that goes. I dont think some of the stuff from Obzen translates as well live. Still Meshuggah that I don't care for is still > most other music. A hell of a buy. Drag yourself into a Hot Topic and pick this up. Step over the Twilight & Hollywood Undead merchandise and pick this up!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
I really want them to come to Oklahoma. Except rose funeral will probably have to come and fuck up that show too.
I'd go...