Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Behold the vastness and sorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I think there is a difference between someone destroying a business, and a guy that was crowd surfing. If they don't like it, they should just not play heavy music. Stuff like that happens at metal shows. Playing a stage with no barricade has potential for stuff like that happening. maybe pushing the guy off the pedal board and back into the pit is ok, but punching and kicking them is never acceptable. And besides, the second guy, the one that got kicked, didn't land on any pedals from what i remember. The guitar player just flat out kicked him. And the other thing he did was 100% uncalled for. These guys were very unprofessional in their performance and they can go to hell! I stand by my initial opinions.
Seeing as it is a metal show, I don't really see why you're so surprised that he punched and kicked two guys. If you're crowd surfing, you shouldn't expect to be treated nicely.

Also, I'm not sure what all of the hate for Doomriders is. They really are quite a fantastic band. Granted, I haven't seen them live, but everyone that I've met that have seen them said that they just put on a fantastic, heavy and loud show.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun2graveland View Post
Seeing as it is a metal show, I don't really see why you're so surprised that he punched and kicked two guys. If you're crowd surfing, you shouldn't expect to be treated nicely.

Also, I'm not sure what all of the hate for Doomriders is. They really are quite a fantastic band. Granted, I haven't seen them live, but everyone that I've met that have seen them said that they just put on a fantastic, heavy and loud show.
I don't get surprised to see people get punched and kicked at metal shows, i just get surprised when the actual band does it to their fans.

True, they did sound great. I'm not saying their music sucks, I'm saying they suck as people.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:45 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Yeah. Fuck those stage divers. Seriously. What's the fucking point of it when you are ruining the band's performance?? I for one was happy that the guitarist punched that idiot in the face.
Yeah dude I saw you get landed on. I got kicked a few times. And some girl was throwing punches behind me too! She'd get super into it and fuckin start punching.

those guys that got on stage got wrecked
Old 02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
I think there is a difference between someone destroying a business, and a guy that was crowd surfing. If they don't like it, they should just not play heavy music. Stuff like that happens at metal shows. Playing a stage with no barricade has potential for stuff like that happening. maybe pushing the guy off the pedal board and back into the pit is ok, but punching and kicking them is never acceptable. And besides, the second guy, the one that got kicked, didn't land on any pedals from what i remember. The guitar player just flat out kicked him. And the other thing he did was 100% uncalled for. These guys were very unprofessional in their performance and they can go to hell! I stand by my initial opinions.

You're still a jackass, and I agree with jotun's response to you.
10/4-Melvins
Old 02-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
That's because the retard landed on Nate's pedal board and fucked it all up, I'd be pissed too. They didn't care about people stage diving or crowd surfing just as long as it didn't interfere with their equipment, which is completely reasonable. Both times people got kicked/punched were because they caused problems for the band while trying to perform.
I'm hoping Addi is correct here, and I assume he is, because Doomriders are actually a pretty awesome upcoming band in my book. They make awesome music - I hope they aren't the tools that they may seem to have been to RJ and Andrew. Remember there are always (at least) two sides to every story, guys. Here's hoping Doomriders aren't peckerheads and keep on releasing kickass stoner / doom music!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Boris did a split with Doomriders and it's sex
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
You're still a jackass, and I agree with jotun's response to you.
Well thanks for that, and Ok agree with whatever you want. They are still Jackasses to me.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Well thanks for that, and Ok agree with whatever you want. They are still Jackasses to me.
hint: I think he's mad at the "go die in Iraq" part of your post.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
hint: I think he's mad at the "go die in Iraq" part of your post.
Yeah i know. I always say that amongst my friends. I guess it doesn't have the same effect here on metalsetlists.

Last edited by rjturtle9; 02-15-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Behold the vastness and sorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Boris did a split with Doomriders and it's sex
One of my good friends went to a show with both of them playing and said that it was hands down, the best show he's ever been to.

Tags
doomriders, skeletonwitch