Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 02-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Headbanger

Skeletonwitch -- Hollywood, CA -- February 11th, 2010

Fuckin insane show!! These guys never disappoint!! I hated the opening band Doomriders. But standing through their set was well worth it because of Skeletonwitch's performance \m/

1. Submit To The Suffering
2. Upon Wings Of Black
3. Beyond The Permafrost
4. The Despoiler Of Human Life
5. Crushed Beyond Dust
6. Remains Of The Defeated
7. Vengeance Will Be Mine
8. Repulsive Salvation
9. Sacrifice For The Slaughtergod
10.Fire From The Sky
11.Limb From Limb
12.Where The Light Has Failed
13.Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
14.Strangled By The Unseen Hands
15.Blinding Black Rage
16.Within My Blood

Last edited by andrew_metalhead; 02-12-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:28 AM
N00B

So I figured its not often the Doomriders make it out west, so I swallowed my pride and asked my roommate to loan me the $4 for bus money so I could get out for this. After getting inside and suffering through 45 minutes of homo chest-beating double-bass ridden death mehtal blasting over the PA, Doomriders finally took the stage and kicked ass. Huge tone, loud, energetic, tight, and above all fun. They played a good mix of songs from the 2 albums, and people up front were really into it, as was the band. Setlist:

Heavy Lies The Crown
Come Alive
Bear Witness
Mercy
Lions
The Equalizer
The Chase
Fuck This Shit
Deathbox
Black Thunder
Jealous God

Don't care for Skeletonwitch so I peaced out after the set with my ears ringing and head spinning. However, my night was far from over. In my post show haze/general retardation I somehow missed the stop I was supposed to get off at to transfer buses. By the time I realized and get off and ran backtracking to where I supposed to be the last bus had already come and gone. So with no money for a cab and no friends able/willing to come pick me up, one phone call for directions and nine miles on foot later here I am, exhausted. Totally worth it though
Old 02-12-2010, 06:17 AM
triturabis primatum

Fucking amazing Witch set, damn.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Banned Asshole

wish i couldve gone to this
Old 02-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Coming to Boston This weekend but of course its 18+

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Nice Skeletonwitch set. I'm looking forward to seeing them play for a good chunk of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Coming to Boston This weekend but of course its 18+
Actually, they're in Boston next Wed. However, NEXT weekend they're in Hartford, and as far as I know it's an all ages show.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Bobb O)))

fuck i want to go to this but i dont think i have the cash.
10/4-Melvins
Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
So I figured its not often the Doomriders make it out west, so I swallowed my pride and asked my roommate to loan me the $4 for bus money so I could get out for this. After getting inside and suffering through 45 minutes of homo chest-beating double-bass ridden death mehtal blasting over the PA, Doomriders finally took the stage and kicked ass. Huge tone, loud, energetic, tight, and above all fun. They played a good mix of songs from the 2 albums, and people up front were really into it, as was the band. Setlist:

Heavy Lies The Crown
Come Alive
Bear Witness
Mercy
Lions
The Equalizer
The Chase
Fuck This Shit
Deathbox
Black Thunder
Jealous God

Don't care for Skeletonwitch so I peaced out after the set with my ears ringing and head spinning. However, my night was far from over. In my post show haze/general retardation I somehow missed the stop I was supposed to get off at to transfer buses. By the time I realized and get off and ran backtracking to where I supposed to be the last bus had already come and gone. So with no money for a cab and no friends able/willing to come pick me up, one phone call for directions and nine miles on foot later here I am, exhausted. Totally worth it though
Goddamn man! I don't approve of you skipping Skeletonwitch, but I do approve of that story!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:17 AM
D.B.B.

Last night was badass!!! im all sore and shit.

Doomriders can go to hell for all i care. their music was ok at best, but the band members can die in Iraq. Someone was crowd surfing and landed on stage, and the bass player thought it was his duty to punch the guy and throw his ass back into the crowd. since when is ok to punch your fans? And the guitar player was the worst of all. Same thing happened but instead he kicked the fan in the head, and you could tell the fan felt it. Then the guitar player being the cool guy he is told him to "get the fuck off my stage". Oh and he went up to my friend and fake "skull fucked" him. Fuck those dicks!!! Plus, the guy that crowd surfed and threw up right next to me and Andrew didn't help things either.

Skeletonwitch killed though. They put on an amazing show. it was brutal being in the front row the whole time, but well worth it. they are all amazing musicians and i cannot wait to see them again. But next time they better play Baptized in Flames.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:12 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Someone was crowd surfing and landed on stage, and the bass player thought it was his duty to punch the guy and throw his ass back into the crowd. since when is ok to punch your fans? And the guitar player was the worst of all. Same thing happened but instead he kicked the fan in the head, and you could tell the fan felt it.
That's because the retard landed on Nate's pedal board and fucked it all up, I'd be pissed too. They didn't care about people stage diving or crowd surfing just as long as it didn't interfere with their equipment, which is completely reasonable. Both times people got kicked/punched were because they caused problems for the band while trying to perform.

Tags
doomriders, skeletonwitch