Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Wrathchild > Moonchild
srsly
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
okay complain wasn't the right word, but i meant was i don't know why when people come back from an amazing show and point out every little thing that needed improvement. personally i never do that cause i'm satisfied with a show easily and i feel like it sort of ruins a concert experience pointing out things that need improvement. but if you like doing that then more power to you.
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthr...+Maiden+Camden

That is the thread I posted the day after I saw Maiden the last time, which was my second of two shows on the SBIT tour. In that thread you will find very little complaining or negativity in general. I don't let my opinions on what could have been ruin my reflections of a great experience. But I do enjoy voicing my opinion about them.

In my opinion, set list should not effect your actual opinion of a show. Granted, a show can be better or worse depending on the set list - but if you walk out of a show you really enjoyed going: "God damn it, that was a disappointment, why didn't they play ________, _________, and ________", you are a moron. That's why I always like to know a set list in advance - so I can come to terms with the ins and outs of it long before the show - so I can enjoy the show for what it is. That doesn't mean I can't post reflections of how I feel about the song selection.

I saw Primal Fear this past September - I thought the set list kinda sucked but it was easily one of the best shows I've ever been. Do I hope they do different songs this May? Sure. Will I like the show less if they don't? No. Will I still make comments either way? You bet your ass.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Diving in late, not to weigh in on the main debate, but to address two side issues.

(A) Re: does complaining lessen your enjoyment? I think the things I love most in this world are those things I love in spite of their faults, rather than the things with which I have found no fault.

(B) There is no song from the Fear of the Dark album that has ever deserved or will ever deserve a spot in their live show. Period.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:27 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
(B) There is no song from the Fear of the Dark album that has ever deserved or will ever deserve a spot in their live show. Period.
Judas Be My Guide is one of my dozen or so favorite Maiden songs, period. I think it is a pretty much flawless song, and I honestly think if the band had ever been smart enough to play it live (instead of tripe like From Here to Eternity), it might have actually stuck around for a while.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthr...+Maiden+Camden

That is the thread I posted the day after I saw Maiden the last time, which was my second of two shows on the SBIT tour. In that thread you will find very little complaining or negativity in general. I don't let my opinions on what could have been ruin my reflections of a great experience. But I do enjoy voicing my opinion about them.

In my opinion, set list should not effect your actual opinion of a show. Granted, a show can be better or worse depending on the set list - but if you walk out of a show you really enjoyed going: "God damn it, that was a disappointment, why didn't they play ________, _________, and ________", you are a moron. That's why I always like to know a set list in advance - so I can come to terms with the ins and outs of it long before the show - so I can enjoy the show for what it is. That doesn't mean I can't post reflections of how I feel about the song selection.

I saw Primal Fear this past September - I thought the set list kinda sucked but it was easily one of the best shows I've ever been. Do I hope they do different songs this May? Sure. Will I like the show less if they don't? No. Will I still make comments either way? You bet your ass.
ahhh my mistake then. and definently agreed about how a setlist shouldn't effect an opinion of a show. i thought you were one of those people that came out of a show and ONLY pointed out things that needed improvement instead of talking about how great the show was. because i noticed that a lot of people actually do that when reviewing a concert. but looks like you don't do that so my mistake then.

that was a great review. hmm as a person who's not really a Maiden fan but does enjoy some songs, i should really see them before they call it a day.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Judas Be My Guide is one of my dozen or so favorite Maiden songs, period. I think it is a pretty much flawless song, and I honestly think if the band had ever been smart enough to play it live (instead of tripe like From Here to Eternity), it might have actually stuck around for a while.
I was gonna say Judas right after I read his post, ya beat me to it.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
i should really see them before they call it a day.
they call it a day after every show haha