Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: Is playing all of Nostradamus live a good call?
yay 16 50.00%
nay 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I saw The Crimson Idol show and I thought it was one of the best shows I've ever seen - then again, it's one of my favorite albums of all-time. This "repetitiveness" you criticize is mostly just the recurring musical themes which I think make that album what it is. Frankly it's not much more repetitive than any other WASP album, which isn't even doing it for any good reason. The typical WASP set is only 13 songs these days, so the fact that that tour's set was only 14 tracks shouldn't leave you all butthurt.

And I agree, Dio does play 3 or 4 tracks off Holy Diver on every tour, but still - you saw tracks like Caught in the Middle and Invisible live, which are great and never get played. Not to mention he played some other really cool stuff (Tarot Woman, One Nigh in the City) at that show. It wasn't exactly the most pedestrian set ever.
Don't get too heartbroken, ravenheart just needs to keep up his cred with the anti-status quo crowd by bitching about bands playing classic albums.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
The success of the album is irrelevant. This is a significant anniversary of the death of the guy without whom AC/DC would probably have never became a big band. Far, FAR more worthy of a special set than 'Back In Black'. They should have the balls, and frankly the respect, to resist cashing in on the popularity of that album even more than they do already and celebrate the reason they were ever able to get as far as making that album in the first place.

They're being incredibly disrespectful.
The success of the album is not irrelevant, its probably the sole reason they're performing it. Besides, I'm sure its still heavy on their minds that its Bon Scotts anniversary this year as well, but since the setlist more than likely be Back In Black then what, one song off Black Ice then the rest will more than likely be Bon songs. And I'm sure they don't want to be living in the past. They've had their current singer for 30 years, I think it'd be more disrespectful to undermine him, and ignore the fact that its the anniversary of the second biggest selling album of all time. I think it'd be more disrespectful to Bon to cash in on HIS death in order to sell tickets.