Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

View Poll Results: Do you like Screamin' heavy metal?
10 15 50.00%
9 2 6.67%
8 10 33.33%
7 0 0%
6 2 6.67%
5 0 0%
4 1 3.33%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2006, 05:49 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Dude if "Vengeance" only gets a 6 or a 7 from you, what the fuck gets a 10!!!

Commercial period, are you kidding me???????????? That began with Turbo and ended with Ram it down" (thank God

There is not a weak song on that album!!!!!!!!!!!,..... well except for "pain and pleasure", and oh yeah maybe "Take these chains", Ok "Fever" too, just skip over if you're not in the mood, otherwise take another toke and sit back and enjoy.

BTW-Is it just me, or... since we now KNOW what we DIDN'T know back then, do songs like pain and pleasure, love bites, eat me alive, and a few others, have a little different "SCHWING" to it?

Therefore, Since I am quite sure I'm one of the elder statesmen on this website at 36, and have had this album for over 20 years. I officially declare this album to be a total 9/10, noting: it gave us Metal's ultimate concert opener, hellion/electric eye. A must have for all metal believers. If you don't have it, .... what the hell is wrong with you, get it!!!!

Well I'm not sure if you could be declared an "elder statesman" of this website, but nonetheless,
Old 10-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Voodoo Child

I would give Screaming for Vengeance a 10, because it was 1982 and few albums from that era could even touch this one (with the exception of Number of the Beast). Remember, this was released during the summer of 1982, less than four months after the death of Randy Rhodes.

This was the first album (actual lp) that I ever purchased. I remember being around 9-10 years old and saying, "holy shit" when I first placed that vinyl on my mom's record player. That album was my introduction to metal. Life has never been the same since then!

Also, for you history buffs out there, this album was pre Michael Jackson Thriller and pre Prince 1999, not to mention all of the other crap that had air and MTV play back then. Though some of the songs are weak, The Hellion, Electric Eye, Screaming for Vengeance, and You've Got Another Thing Comin' are Priest classics.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysaal
I would give Screaming for Vengeance a 10, because it was 1982 and few albums from that era could even touch this one (with the exception of Number of the Beast). Remember, this was released during the summer of 1982, less than four months after the death of Randy Rhodes.

This was the first album (actual lp) that I ever purchased. I remember being around 9-10 years old and saying, "holy shit" when I first placed that vinyl on my mom's record player. That album was my introduction to metal. Life has never been the same since then!

Also, for you history buffs out there, this album was pre Michael Jackson Thriller and pre Prince 1999, not to mention all of the other crap that had air and MTV play back then. Though some of the songs are weak, The Hellion, Electric Eye, Screaming for Vengeance, and You've Got Another Thing Comin' are Priest classics.
Good post and welcome to the board, my friend.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
N00B

My apologies to Neal Peart Jr. and all the long time bloggers, I didn't mean I am the elder of your website, (I only found this place a few weeks ago).

I've had that record a looooooong time, and I was in the mood, what can I say.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
We're dying on the inside

I should have given it a 9 instead of an 8 on reflection.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Dude if "Vengeance" only gets a 6 or a 7 from you, what the fuck gets a 10!!!

Commercial period, are you kidding me???????????? That began with Turbo and ended with Ram it down" (thank God

There is not a weak song on that album!!!!!!!!!!!,..... well except for "pain and pleasure", and oh yeah maybe "Take these chains", Ok "Fever" too, just skip over if you're not in the mood, otherwise take another toke and sit back and enjoy.

BTW-Is it just me, or... since we now KNOW what we DIDN'T know back then, do songs like pain and pleasure, love bites, eat me alive, and a few others, have a little different "SCHWING" to it?

Therefore, Since I am quite sure I'm one of the elder statesmen on this website at 36, and have had this album for over 20 years. I officially declare this album to be a total 9/10, noting: it gave us Metal's ultimate concert opener, hellion/electric eye. A must have for all metal believers. If you don't have it, .... what the hell is wrong with you, get it!!!!
Well I'm not sure if you could be declared an "elder statesman" of this website, but nonetheless,

only by counting birthdays; so youths of this board with variously high post counts, remember to respect your elders...
Old 01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Alot of the reviews I wrote back then really sucked, but I think this one holds up well. I don't know what I was thinking when I said "Pain & Pleasure" sounded like a Zeppelin riff though.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

5 (and I'm generous)

Hellion
Electric Eye
Riding On The Wind
title track
Another Thing

don't like the rest of the album

edit: I actually voted 4 by mistake, but it doesn't really matter since Hellion & Electric Eye are pretty much just 1 song and Riding On The Wind for me is not as good as the 3 others that I've mentionned

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Last edited by PowerMaiden; 01-31-2010 at 04:40 PM.