Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

DevilDriver -- Worcester, MA -- January 29th, 2010

So, this was the night where the Behemoth and DevilDriver tours combined. I had NO idea how the Palladium planned on fitting every band into one night, and was hoping like hell that no one’s sets were abridged.

They weren’t

Instead, the Palladium opened up the upstairs stage for some of the lesser known bands and left the main stage to, in this order, Thy Will Be Done, Goatwhore, Suffocation, Behemoth, and DevilDriver. I’m not 100% sure of the order upstairs, but I know that Lightning Swords of Death went on at 7ish and Septic Flesh at 8ish

Arrived late but in time for Goatwhore:

The All-Destroying
Provoking The Ritual Of Death
Blood Guilt Eucharist
Carving Out The Eyes Of God
Nocturnal Holocaust
Alchemy Of The Black Sun Cult
In Legions, I Am Wars Of Wrath
Desolate Path To Apocalyptic Ruin
Apocalyptic Havoc

I, personally, thought they kicked ass. The audience seemed less sure, but it was early in the night. Carving out the Eyes of God was definitely a highlight, and Apocalyptic Havoc was apeshit insane.

I ran upstairs to get a good spot for Septic Flesh, and ended up catching the end of Lightning Swords of Death’s set. At first I had no idea what was going on – I’ve listened to LSoD, and wasn’t overly excited by them. Their stage presence is much better than their albums, and bassist Menno is a psycho. He did this nutty 2+ minute solo at the end which involved a lot of flailing around.

Unfortunately, I completely failed at getting a setlist. I’ll attempt it later.

Septic Flesh’s set started a little bit late, but I think that was due to Fotis having some issues setting up. I got a spot front and center.

Unbeliever
Communion
Virtues of the Beast
We, The Gods
Anubis
Lovecraft's Death
Persepolis

They were AMAZING. Just… gah! I hesitate to pick out a highlight, because every song blew my mind. You ALL need to see Anubis live, and Communion & Persepolis just kick ass. They even got the upstairs crowd moshing, and as far as I know no other upstairs band did that. (PS: getting whipped by dreds is far more fun than it should be)

I ran back downstairs and got a spot on the wall overlooking the pit / stage.

Behemoth:

Ov Fire and the Void
Demigod
Shemhamforash
Conquer All
As Above So Below
Slaves Shall Serve
At the Left Hand Ov God
Inferno Drum Solo
Alas, The Lord Is Upon Me
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000
Luscifer

Behemoth = seizure-inducing powerful insanity. The pit almost never stopped, and at one point there was a circle pit in between songs “just because.” For most of the set, the audience was in a complete frenzy.

A lot of people left before DevilDriver, which was disappointing but not surprising. Unfortunately, I think that left a lot of fans that didn’t really know their stuff well, or were just plain exhausted from the rest of the night.

DevilDriver

End of the Line
Before the Hangman's Noose
Pray for Villains
Back With A Vengeance
Clouds Over California
Fate Stepped In
Grinfucked
Hold Back the Day
These Fighting Words
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
I Could Care Less
I've Been Sober
Meet the Wretched

I almost threw myself off of the wall during “Clouds Over Cali,” “I Could Care Less,” and “I’ve Been Sober.” Their performance was spot on. I forget who said it earlier, but I agree. John Boecklin is one of the most underrated drummers out there. For DevilDriver fans, this show was amazing – for others, though, it wasn’t a show that would have changed your mind.

As usual, I may or may not post photos if I find out that any of the ones I took were worth the effort.

Last edited by Chyck; 01-30-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

FINALLY

so what songs did LSoD play, huh huh?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:59 AM
N00B

The local band Scalpel was really awesome, some quality death metal, they played their entire EP that was released last night as well.

Front and center for Septic Flesh?
I was pretty much in the same exact spot, I was the guy with the long curly hair and the Septic Flesh shirt...

Also, we didn't get Christians to the Lions, unfortunately. Everything else seems fine though. Didn't pay attention to DevilDriver, honestly I didn't see them able to follow Behemoth...that might just be me though, I've never really been a DevilDriver fan, haha.

Edit: Oh wait, we got LAM

Last edited by Reivas; 01-30-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:22 AM
"I Love Lamp"

this show was bad ass.I had some dude during devildriver try fighting me cause some asshole punched him in the back of the head(watched this go down)He turned around and because I got pushed behind him he thought it was me,I was like he went that way dude,but he wouldnt except that it wasnt me that hit him so I just kept watching Devildriver...people are funny
Old 01-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Yeah I ended up staying home, didn't really have the money. Sounds like it was a great show, though, would have liked to see Septic Flesh upstairs.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivas View Post
Front and center for Septic Flesh?
I was pretty much in the same exact spot, I was the guy with the long curly hair and the Septic Flesh shirt...
I think I was, like, two people to your right (to the right of the facepaint guy). I totally had to check returntothepit to find you. I've def seen you at shows. Heck, I've been beaten by your hair...

Quote:
Also, we didn't get Christians to the Lions, unfortunately. Everything else seems fine though. Didn't pay attention to DevilDriver, honestly I didn't see them able to follow Behemoth...that might just be me though, I've never really been a DevilDriver fan, haha.
Oops - fixed! And I can't argue with you on DD. I really like them, but I know they're not for everyone. I have to admit I was surprised that they followed Behemoth, too - but then again, I'm still reeling as to how Hatebreed could headline for Cannibal Corpse for an entire tour.

Quote:
Edit: Oh wait, we got LAM
When in the list?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:48 AM

Just got everyone's settimes from returntothepit.com

Downstairs Main Stage:
Thy Will Be Done 6:00 - 6:25
Goatwhore 6:40 - 7:10
Suffocation 7:30 - 8:15
Behemoth 8:45 - 9:35
DevilDriver 10:00 - 11:15

Upstairs Stage:
Acaro 5:30 - 5:50
Seize Today 6:05 - 6:25
Scalpel 6:40 - 7:00
LSoD 7:15 - 7:45
Septic Flesh 8:00 - 8:30
Old 01-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Bobb O)))

oh wow i didn;t realize that the tour fully came together for that, because theyre not doing that for the rest of the tour. Sunday will be bound by the road just adding behemoth, which is fine for me because i don't really know Septic Flesh or LSoD, and I'm still recovering from Life of Agony last night
10/4-Melvins
Old 01-30-2010, 11:11 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyck View Post
I think I was, like, two people to your right (to the right of the facepaint guy). I totally had to check returntothepit to find you. I've def seen you at shows. Heck, I've been beaten by your hair...
Haha, yeah, I go to a LOT of shows...I'm actually very glad I'm not making any in February, this month has been absolutely exhausting. My hair does that though, I'm usually pretty relaxed unless it's a band I really want to see.

Quote:
Oops - fixed! And I can't argue with you on DD. I really like them, but I know they're not for everyone. I have to admit I was surprised that they followed Behemoth, too - but then again, I'm still reeling as to how Hatebreed could headline for Cannibal Corpse for an entire tour.
I think it has to do with a few things, Behemoth was playing a fairly short set during this tour, even for a headliner, I'm pretty sure the only real difference some of the other cities got was Christians to the Lions, and MAYBE something else.
On Cannibal Corpse, I completely agree with you, I'd love to see a CC headlining tour. I remember watching an interview with George saying that he actually prefers support slots since he feels he can put more energy into the setlist. I guess it depends on the band.

Quote:
When in the list?
I'm pretty sure it was either after As Above So Below, or Slaves Shall Serve. Though some other setlists say after Conquer All, which wouldn't surprise me either. I know it was around then.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

*points at the thread title*

Tags
behemoth, devildriver, goatwhore, septic flesh, septicflesh