Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Devildriver -- Pittsburgh, PA -- January 21st, 2010

We got to Mr. Smalls about ten minutes before Thy Will Be Done started playing, so it was good timing I guess. They were alot better than I thought they would be and I was somewhat impressed. I don't know any of their songs but I know one of them has the word "Fire" in its title.

Very shortly after they were done, Goatwhore took the stage. I was really looking forward to seeing them and they put on a great show. It was a good way to start off the night. The crowd started getting a little bit rough during this time, which was nice, and there was a pretty big pit during "Apocalyptic Havoc". They played about 30-45 minutes. Their setlist was the same as it has been the whole tour. I spoke to Ben Falgoust at the merch booth after the show too.

Alright I know there's barely anyone from Pittsburgh on here, so you don't know about Mr. Smalls. Mr. Smalls is an old, gutted out church in a small town about 5 minutes north of Pittsburgh. It has a 650 people capacityand the whole floor is about as big as my living room, and there's a bar area in the back. Well by the time Suffocation was coming on, there was barely any room to move around, so I knew it was going to be insane. Suffocation started playing and they absolutely blew my mind. Just watching Terrance Hobbs play those riffs and solos was mind-boggling, and Mike Smith was just ridiculous too. Whenever I bought one of their shirts they were giving out free Blood Oath posters signed by the band, and I was lucky enough to get the last one of the night.

I didn't know some of the songs, but I'll list the songs I know that they played, but they won't be in the right order and there might be a couple missing.

Thrones of Blood
Liege of Inveracity
Infecting the Crypts
Habitual Infamy
Pierced From Within
Suspended in Tribulation (I think they said this was the first time they played it in a while)
Brood of Hatred
Blood Oath
Cataclysmic Purification

Next was Devildriver and as soon as they came on the place went off. All the songs they played were good choices, and it seemed to go by really fast. They only played for about an hour though and Dez said that John Boecklin (the drummer) has a pinched nerve in his neck and it's difficult for him, so they had to cut it a little bit short.

1. End of the Line
2. Before the Hangman's Noose
3. Pray for Villains
4. Back with a Vengeance
5. Clouds over California
6. Fate Stepped In
7. Grinfucked
8. Hold Back the Day
9. These Fighting Words
10. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
11. I Could Care Less
12. I've Been Sober
13. Meet the Wretched

So in the end it was a great show and I'm glad I went. All of the bands put on great shows and it all just got better as the night went on. Now I'm just looking forward to seeing Behemoth and Septic Flesh in the same church next week.

Last edited by daimonos; 01-23-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
We got to Mr. Smalls about ten minutes before Thy Will Be Done started playing, so it was good timing I guess. They were alot better than I thought they would be and I was somewhat impressed. I don't know any of their songs but I know one of them has the word "Fire" in its title.
It's probably "And Fire Will Fall."

Sounds like an awesome gig!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Concert Veteran

That's gotta be a pain in the ass to play drums with a pinched nerve in the neck They only cut out like one song. Their sets have only been about 13 or 14 songs anyways so I don't think you missed too much by them cutting one song out.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Jobber

mr smalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
Alright I know there's barely anyone from Pittsburgh on here, so you don't know about Mr. Smalls. Mr. Smalls is an old, gutted out church in a small town about 5 minutes north of Pittsburgh. It has a 650 people capacity and the whole floor is about as big as my living room, and there's a bar area in the back.
Dude i've been going to Mr. Smalls since it opened and I always complained about how small it was until i saw a show at the Basement in Columbus, or at Peabody's in Cleveland Mr. Smalls is way better than both of those places. See you at Behemoth next week man.
ps-behemoth signing @ pianos n stuff 3:30, learn some polish
Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 PM
N00B

I was at that show it was sick. Wish they would have played the mountain. The lead singer of Suffocation crack me up with his hand shaking and his tongue stuck out. I had meet n greet and they never came out and signed, which was gay. The security said it was at their discretion. Then we went to meet Dez at his bus after the show, he yelled next time we will play two shows then walked on the bus and we got yelled at for be back there.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Visualize perfection

Why the hell don't they play Resurrection Boulevard? It's probably the best track from Pray For Villains.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's gotta be a pain in the ass to play drums with a pinched nerve in the neck They only cut out like one song. Their sets have only been about 13 or 14 songs anyways so I don't think you missed too much by them cutting one song out.
yeah i know what you mean. ya gotta give the man props for still comin out and playin the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by licksandteeches View Post
Dude i've been going to Mr. Smalls since it opened and I always complained about how small it was until i saw a show at the Basement in Columbus, or at Peabody's in Cleveland Mr. Smalls is way better than both of those places. See you at Behemoth next week man.
ps-behemoth signing @ pianos n stuff 3:30, learn some polish
hahah I like Mr. Smalls, I don't mind how small it is, but I've never been to those other places. I'm really looking forward to Behemoth, I'm not gonna be able to make it to the signing though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn85 View Post
I was at that show it was sick. Wish they would have played the mountain. The lead singer of Suffocation crack me up with his hand shaking and his tongue stuck out. I had meet n greet and they never came out and signed, which was gay. The security said it was at their discretion. Then we went to meet Dez at his bus after the show, he yelled next time we will play two shows then walked on the bus and we got yelled at for be back there.
Yeah I thought Frank Mullen was great. I just ordered three of their albums from FYE yesterday because I liked them so much hahah. And that sucks they weren't signing. At the Opeth show in May we saw Enslaved out by their bus and got to talk to them after the gig, it was pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
Why the hell don't they play Resurrection Boulevard? It's probably the best track from Pray For Villains.
I would like to see that one live too, but I was happy enough they played "Ive Been Sober". I think they could have done without "Back With a Vengeance" and "Fate Stepped In" and picked some other songs. But those are still good too.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Suffocation also did "Thrones Of Blood" (I think that's what they opened with), "Brood Of Hatred", possibly one other song...

Tags
devildriver, suffocation