Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Old 01-19-2010, 01:31 AM
N00B

Korpiklaani -- Atlanta, GA -- January 18th, 2010

White Wizzard
Great traditional heavy metal!

Swashbuckle
I don't know any of their songs but the guitarist played Lost In The Twilight Hall (Blind Guardian) for his sound check, which was good.
It was funny that the band played Keelhauled (Alestorm) during their set. Both were like 10~20 secs long, though.

Týr
1. Tróndur í Gřtu
2. Hold The Heathen Hammer High
3. Lokka Táttur
4. By The Sword In My Hand
5. Dreams
6. Northern Gate
7. Hail To The Hammer
8. The Wild Rover

Korpiklaani
1. Vodka
2. Journey Man
3. Korpiklaani
4. Cottages And Saunas
5. Kipumylly
6. Huppiaan Aarre
7. Pellonpekko
8. Tuli Kokko
9. Juodaan Viinaa
10. Könnin Kuokkamies
11. Metsämies
12. Paljon On Koskessa Kiviä
13. Pine Woods
14. Wooden Pints
15. Crows Bring The Spring
16. Viima
17. Happy Little Boozer
---------------
18. Beer Beer

This was the second time seeing Tyr and Korpiklaani (Caught them at PaganFest USA I & II, respectively).
Tyr showed a lot more energy than they did two years ago. Truly awesome.

Korpiklaani delivered a hell of a show as always. But I still can't believe they removed Hunting Song and Let's Drink from their setlist.
I don't know, they might have skipped one or two due to time constraints. (The show ended at 00:50 am.)
Anyway, it was a really fun show.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
N00B

Yeah I could of sworn they were supposed to play more songs...if the locals cut into their set, that pisses me off.

Anyways:

I missed the locals. We got there when White Wizard was finishing their set. They sounded pretty good but I only got to see one song.

I don't like Swashbuckle or Alestorm and to be honest, I get them mixed up. But I heard Swashbuckle was better live and that was right. They were really fun live and knew how to get the crowd going. I'm still not a fan but I would definitely see them again.

I've never been a fan of Tyr and this was the 2nd time I've seen them. This time, I saw the first few songs then my friend wanted to go outside and smoke so we just all went out there with him. I heard some songs from outside but I just can't get into them. I've tried many times...I don't dislike them, they just bore me.

Korpiklaani exceeded my expectations by a mile. They were amazing. I couldn't understand a damn word the singer was saying but they played a long set and made up for not coming here on Paganfest II. My only complaint was that sometimes you couldn't hear the accordion in some songs and the violin sometimes, but overall, the sound was great. I only wanted 2 things. 1. Pine Woods. 2. Epic Folk Metal Dancing Pit. I got both. So it was definitely one of the most fun shows I've ever been to.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Heavy Metal Weather Man

I was enthralled by Tyr and Korpiklaani. They were so awesome. Tyr put on the best show I have ever seen them put on (they get better every time), and this is my first time seeing Korpiklaani after loving them since they were still a new band!

The local openers were okay, I've seen Halcyon Way a bunch, and Brazen Angel were a solid band, but I can't help but think that since the show added 2 more bands to an already crowded bill; this is why Korp did not play every song they intended to play. I wish they wouldn't have taken out the ones they took out, but oh well, they were still amazing. I can only hope they come back to the States again soon; if for anything so I can see Hunting Song and Let's Drink in another set. Still amazed.

Tags
korpiklaani, tyr