Unearth -- Ottawa, ON -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, ON -- April 13th, 2014
Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Hatebreed -- Worcester, MA -- December 19th, 2009

Absolutely fantastic show. The only negative was that Born Of Osiris didnt show.

Thy Will Be Done opened up the show. This is my 4th time seeing them and my far the best i have seen them play. They really seemed to have steped their game up. I will proably check out their album now. Solid start to the evening for sure. 7.5/10

Setlist
? for the most part i know they played Earth's Final Embrace and Civilzations,Dynatsies and Empires (the title is something along those lines)

Hate Eternal was up next. I gotta say I was pretty letdown. I mean they are very good on disc but live they didn't perform that well. Erik Rutan was nailing his solos but vocally he seemed kind out of it. I talked to a couple kids around after their set and they were pretty disapointed as well. One kid said that was the 4th time he has seen them and that was by far the worst show he's seen them play. Pretty big letdown 6.5/10

Setlist
1.Bringer Of Storms
2.Behold Judas
3.I,Monarch
4.Catacombs
5.To Know Our Enemies
6.The King Of All Kings

Unearth on the other hand tore it up. The show they put on was absolutely killer. The energy was insane and their playing was flawless. I have also heard a lot of complaints about the song choices. Sure Giles and a couple of other III:In The Eyes Of Fire songs would be pretty sick but I have no problem with their what-so-ever. They said they are coming back for headlining tour in the spring which is great news. 9/10

Setlist
1.The Great Dividers
2.My Will Be Done
3.Crow Killer
4.This Lying World
5.Grave Of Opportunity
6.Sanctity of Brothers
7.Endless
8.We Are Not Annoymous
9.Black Hearts Now Reign

The almighty Cannibal Corpse also put on a killer show. I got to say I love the set choices. Vomit The Soul and Fucked With A Knife were proably the highlights of their set for me. Defintley better than when i saw them at Mayhem Fest. On another note i think Corpsegrinder might be the best headbanger of all time and his banter is fucking hysterical. 9/10

Setlist
1.Evisceration Plague
2.The Time To Kill Is Now
3.Death Walking Terror
4.I Cum Blood
5.Fucked With A Knife
6.Pit Of Zombies
7.The Wrecthed Spawn
8.Make Them Suffer
9.Vomit The Soul
10.Priests Of Sodom
11.Unleashing The Bloodthristy
12.Hammer Smashed Face
13.Stripped,Raped and Strangled

Hatebreed all iIhave to say is holy shit. I have never been surprised at how good a band is live. They flat out dominated the stage and Jamey Jasta is one of the best metal frontmen around period. Absoulety jaw-dropping insane goodness plus they had killer songs choices. I really do hope they play Mayhem Fest in 2010 because i need them again ASAP. 9.5/10

Setlist
1.Everybody Bleeds Now
2.In Ashes They Shall Reap
3.Smash Your Enemies
4.Merciless Tide
5.Kill An Addict
6.A Call For Blood
7.Before Dishonor
8.Tear It Down
9.To The Threshold
10.Live For This
11.Proven
12.As Diehard As They Come
13.Last Breath
14.Ghosts Of War
15.Doomsayer
16.Defeatist
17.Perservance
18.Destroy Everything
19.?
20.I Will Be Heard
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

If only Born of Osiris didn't show up in NY...

And the ? in Hatebreed's set was probably Empty Promises.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

I'm glad someone else was there and taking notes. The energy in the Palladium left almost no room for me to take photographs (which I always do), let alone remember or take notes on the order of songs (which I occasionally attempt).

Truth be told, I'm usually a melodic death metaller who is trying to branch out into other genres. Being an Unearth fan, and knowing enough of Cannibal Corpse to fake it, I figured I'd give this show a try. I am so freakin' glad I did.

I got there halfway through Thy Will Be Done, so no comments here. Yeah, Hate Eternal was a total letdown, though I partially blame it on the lack of audience participation.

I think it was Rutan that mentioned that Born of Osiris is actually banned from the Palladium. Is that true or was that just an excuse?

Agreed - Unearth destroyed. The pit felt AWESOME. If this is what a typical metalcore pit is like, it's clear I need to be involved in more.

I actually left the pit for Cannibal Corpse and you can call me a pussy if you wish, but I have my reasons. I spent the set switching between staring at Corpsegrinder and staring at the pit. Both = INSANE. I would have placed their set over Hatebreed's based on audience insanity. Watching one very small man or woman get flung a few feet above the audience for crowd surfing was a highlight. Seeing a couple people stumble by holding potentially broken noses was pretty intense, too.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, Jamey Jasta is an amazing frontman. I don't even like Hatebreed all that much and I had a great time. I think the pit slowed down for them, though. And by slow down, I mean there was the potential to be in the pit and actually stay still... if you were on the edge.

All in all, I have to say that you metalcore / death metallers are out of your minds and, while I won't be purchasing a lot of albums from this genre, I'll definitely see you at shows.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I wish you all realized how fortunate you are there was no Born Of Osiris. Lucky bastards. Even if you don't know it.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
"I Love Lamp"

I was also there lat night...Fucking unreal show

thy will be done were great, much better then born of osiris, that band sucks, and I was glad to hear they arent allowed to play at the palladium any more,why I have no idea but as long as I dont have to sit through them again im happy. Did any one else participate in the pit during the short cover of raining blood that twbd played...prolly the most intense 30 sec of my life,and def the most intense iv seen a crowd get from a cover ,at least that I can remember.They were also very clear I could understand everything where as the last few times iv seen them they seemed kinda muffled. I give them a 8/10

Hate Eternal was a let down.Im not their biggest fan but i figured the pit would at least be fun to watch,but no one seemed to care they were playing.Every song sounded exactly the same as the one before it.It was actually so boring at one point my friends and I started doing the hokey pokey instead of watching the band.I give em a 4/10

The home town boys unearth tore it up.fucking amazing show outa them,lots of energy, very clear,pit was insane trevor phillips really knows how to get a crowd to move.but you can say that about any of the last three bands really.9/10

Like hate eternal I am not a huge cannibal corpse fan,but I knew damn well what was gona take place when they hit the stage.Since I wouldnt consider myself a real fan of theirs I decided to watch from the floor but in the back,and just headbang a little.All I say is that the pit that was taking place infront of me looked like a fucking apocalypse.what amazed me the most about them was even with the vocals being what they are I could still make out words...thats how clear they sounded.So many people walked away from that pit bleeding...like significantly bleeding.as was the case during the entire show. 9/10

Now for me the band I was there to see was hatebreed,and they were the best band of the night.amazing show from hatebreed.My 2nd time seeing them.their stage set was really cool with a huge banner of their new self titled album behind them and then the drum set being wrapped in xmas lights.I Got to sing with Jasta for a sec cause he stuck the mic in my face during In Ashes They Shall Reap.when they played I will be heard every person and their mothers asked me to lift them up to go crowd surfing.my arms are still sore today from that shit.9.5/10

The only thing that sucked about this show was the snow storm that happend.It wasnt fun driving in,and it kept alot of people home although the bottom level of the palladium was still packed pretty good,there wasnt as many people there as I believe there woulda been if we hadnt gotten snow,but as long as the floor is packed(witch it was)its still a fun time.I cant really move my neck or arms ,and I might have broken my nose,very much worth it.If you didnt make it out to this tour you missed out on somthing special.try and catch these guys when they come around on their different tours.

12/26/09 All That Remains
1/29/10 Devil Driver
2/4/10 Killswitch Engage
2/6/10Fiver Finger Death Punch/Shadows Fall

Last edited by pantera1115; 12-20-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera1115 View Post
I Got to sing with Jasta for a sec cause he stuck the mic in my face during In Ashes They Shall Reap
I saw that, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you little bitch

Quote:
The only thing that sucked about this show was the snow storm that happend.
... Dude, where I was coming from, were free and clear. You must've left pretty late.

Quote:
Holy shit - thanks for having this in your sig! I didn't realize they were doing a show on Pearl St!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Thrash Maniac!!!!

The set....

1.Everybody Bleeds Now
2.In Ashes They Shall Reap
3.Smash Your Enemies
4.Merciless Tide
5.Kill An Addict
6.Empty Promises
7.Before Dishonor
8.Tear It Down
9.To The Threshold
10.Live For This
11.Burial for the Living
12.As Diehard As They Come
13.Last Breath
14.Ghosts Of War
15.Doomsayer
16.Burn the Lies
17.Perservance
18.Destroy Everything
19.Driven by Suffering
20.Puritan
21.Kill an Addict
22.Proven
23.I Will Be Heard

This is the correct set from this show and it is definitely out of order.

Last edited by the deathmetaler; 12-21-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:01 AM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyck View Post
I saw that, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you little bitch

... Dude, where I was coming from, were free and clear. You must've left pretty late.

Holy shit - thanks for having this in your sig! I didn't realize they were doing a show on Pearl St!

he stuck the mic in alot of peoples faces I was the big kid with the plain black hoodie and gotee.It was deff a life goal achieved

ya you must not have gone south then I live closer to the cape, it normally takes an hour/hour and a half to get to the palladium from my house depending on traffic and shit,but this time it took over 3hours going 20-30 in a 65(we drove right into the storm)...not too fun but overall worth it.

ya like I said me and my friends are coming from closer to the cape but we decided fuck it lets take a road trip and go see atr,cause have nothing to do lol.Should be fun get tickets soon if you can cause i heard that place is only like 700 people,and atr being from mass itll probably sell out.

1/29/10 Devil Driver
2/4/10 Killswitch Engage
2/6/10Fiver Finger Death Punch/Shadows Fall

Last edited by pantera1115; 12-21-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quick question why is Born Of Osiris banned from playing The Palladium?
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Absolutely fantastic show. The only negative was that Born Of Osiris didnt show.
That's not a negative.

Tags
cannibal corpse, hate eternal, hatebreed, unearth