Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-10-2009, 02:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Guy from The Red Chord is for sure one of the nicest guys i have met from a band. I talked to him for like 15 mins when i saw Red Chord open for Acacia Strain.

My experience meeting Mastodon was very good you are kind of lucky Brent wasn't there because he is a dick.
Yeah, I had a great conversation with him before Gwar came on. I told him how kickass the new album was and how they should play more songs from Fused Together In Revolving Doors. He said thanks and that they'd try to get some Fused songs in there the next time they come around.

I've heard stories that Brent is a dick, but I always assumed that it was just because he was drunk or something. The 3 guys that I did meet were really cool though.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 PM
That Guy

Bands:

Dredg
King's X
Orange Sky
Iced Earth
BigElf
Scale The Summit
Ross The Boss
As I Lay Dying
Shadows Fall
Darkest Hour
Every Time I Die
Amon Amarth
The Devil Wears Prada
Mushroomhead

Different members of band:

Mike Portnoy, Drummer of Dream Theater
John Petrucci, Guitarist of Dream Theater
Eric Peterson, Guitarist of Testament
Ken Susi, Guitarist of Unearth
Benji, Guitarist of American Head Charge
Steve Brooks, Singer/Guitarist of Torche
Sergio Robledo-Maderazo, Bassist of From Monument To Masses
Anton and Lewis Patzer, Violinist and Cellist of Judgment Day
Old 12-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Shadows Fall
Darkest Hour
Every Time I Die
Amon Amarth
The Devil Wears Prada
lol looks like you met a lot of bands at Sounds of the Underground '07.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
lol looks like you met a lot of bands at Sounds of the Underground '07.
Add Mushroomhead and Chimaira(forgot to add them in the original list) to that list and yes I did. I met them all at the MN date of the Sound of The Underground tour. By this time This Is Hell and Necro dropped off the tour. It was the first "Tr00" Metal festival I ever went to, but it had plenty of good times.

The Devil Wears Prada,
well, I respect what they do but when I met them they freaked the fuck outta me. I swear one of them was a "Hey,wanna head back to my tour bus?" look to my best friend. At that show, they were also pelted with water bottles during their last song, after they announced that it was dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Every Time I Die are cool guys. They didn't say too much,they all looked pretty tired like they just woke up, but they were still cool.

Chimaira really respects their fans, I'm not too big on their stuff but after meeting them I had a whole new appreciation for them.

Amon Amarth are fucking badass. I got to hang out with Johan (vocals) for a few extra minutes and we were talking about the Swedish Death Metal scene. Also a great story about Johan. While waiting in line to get inside the show. Johan walked past the line of people with 2 36 packs of beer in each arm going into his tour bus. Looking towards the line and screaming. "YYYEEEAAAHH MMMEEETTTAAALLL!!!" then walked on the bus.

Mushroomhead
were pretty cool guys as well, especially their singer. They were all dressed up in their outfits but they were talking like normal guys. Again, I'm not the biggest fan of these guys, but they put on a hell of a halftime show.

Darkest Hour. I basically hung out with the band the entire time Shadows Fall were playing. I mainly talked to Kris Norris (ex guitarist). I talked with him almost 20 minutes about Devin Townsend and Dream Theater. This was when I first heard he wanted to make a solo album that at the time he called "A more Metal version of Liquid Tension Experiment". Two years later, The Kris Norris Projekt comes out. I got a fully signed Promo poster for Deliver Us along with meeting the guys.

Shadows Fall.
Just some of the coolest down to earth guys I ever met. Especially Brian Fair (vocals) and Jason Bittner (drums). Jason and I talked for a good 10-15 minutes about drums and drumming. I guess it really doesn't matter, but it was cool to know that he wore the same type of frames I do for glasses.

I really wished I would have met GWAR, I was hoping to, but I didn't get the opportunity.

*All the bands except Darkest Hour (who signed their own Promo Poster for me) signed a Promo Poster for Sounds Of The Underground.*
Old 12-13-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Add Mushroomhead and Chimaira(forgot to add them in the original list) to that list and yes I did. I met them all at the MN date of the Sound of The Underground tour. By this time This Is Hell and Necro dropped off the tour. It was the first "Tr00" Metal festival I ever went to, but it had plenty of good times.

The Devil Wears Prada,
well, I respect what they do but when I met them they freaked the fuck outta me. I swear one of them was a "Hey,wanna head back to my tour bus?" look to my best friend. At that show, they were also pelted with water bottles during their last song, after they announced that it was dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Every Time I Die are cool guys. They didn't say too much,they all looked pretty tired like they just woke up, but they were still cool.

Chimaira really respects their fans, I'm not too big on their stuff but after meeting them I had a whole new appreciation for them.

Amon Amarth are fucking badass. I got to hang out with Johan (vocals) for a few extra minutes and we were talking about the Swedish Death Metal scene. Also a great story about Johan. While waiting in line to get inside the show. Johan walked past the line of people with 2 36 packs of beer in each arm going into his tour bus. Looking towards the line and screaming. "YYYEEEAAAHH MMMEEETTTAAALLL!!!" then walked on the bus.

Mushroomhead
were pretty cool guys as well, especially their singer. They were all dressed up in their outfits but they were talking like normal guys. Again, I'm not the biggest fan of these guys, but they put on a hell of a halftime show.

Darkest Hour. I basically hung out with the band the entire time Shadows Fall were playing. I mainly talked to Kris Norris (ex guitarist). I talked with him almost 20 minutes about Devin Townsend and Dream Theater. This was when I first heard he wanted to make a solo album that at the time he called "A more Metal version of Liquid Tension Experiment". Two years later, The Kris Norris Projekt comes out. I got a fully signed Promo poster for Deliver Us along with meeting the guys.

Shadows Fall.
Just some of the coolest down to earth guys I ever met. Especially Brian Fair (vocals) and Jason Bittner (drums). Jason and I talked for a good 10-15 minutes about drums and drumming. I guess it really doesn't matter, but it was cool to know that he wore the same type of frames I do for glasses.

I really wished I would have met GWAR, I was hoping to, but I didn't get the opportunity.

*All the bands except Darkest Hour (who signed their own Promo Poster for me) signed a Promo Poster for Sounds Of The Underground.*
sounds like a pretty fun day. i really regret not going to SOTU now that i think about it. Shadows Fall, Amaon Amarth, and Darkest Hour in one day would have been amazing to see. unfortunately i wasn't too big on those bands back then, plus SOTU was being held at a seated ampitheater. so i thought all the bands would play on a big stage with a bunch of seats, when it turns out the whole show was held at the parking lot. oh well.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X