Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

I love Korn as well they do have a really good amount of haters. Personally I think they are very talented and make good music [with the exception of their last 2 albums]. I honestly think just about any metal band can blow Manson off the stage now-a-days.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 PM
N00B

Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

Second Stage
Unearth
Meshuggah
Carcass
Children of Bodom

Third Stage
Dark Tranquillity
Primordial
Winds of Plague
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Marduk
Epica
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancubus View Post
Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

Second Stage
Unearth
Meshuggah
Carcass
Children of Bodom

Third Stage
Dark Tranquillity
Primordial
Winds of Plague
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Marduk
Epica
You'd have to get a LOT more Mainstream than Marduk, Carcass, and Morbid Angel.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
You'd have to get a LOT more Mainstream than Marduk, Carcass, and Morbid Angel.
I'd like to think/hope Carcass has more dignity than reducing themselves to playing a 30 min set opening for CoB.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
N00B

1. Carcass is above CoB. They sold out a venue that was twice as large what CoB last headlined at.

2. Marduk are about as popular as Whitechapel who were towards the bottom of last year's Mayhem fest.

3. Morbid Angel are the best selling death metal act of all time.

And forgive me but I was just bitched out at a forum that insisted that Bloodbath were a mainstream crap band who make shitty, trendy music. My idea of underground is now stuff like Act of Destruction who play locally and only have demos out.

Last edited by Mancubus; 11-29-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
1. Carcass is above CoB. They sold out a venue that was twice as large what CoB last headlined at.

2. Marduk are about as popular as Whitechapel who were towards the bottom of last year's Mayhem fest.

3. Morbid Angel are the best selling death metal act of all time.

Actually, what I meant was Carcass opening for anyone other than another monumental death/grind act is blasphemy, so if they arent opening for CoB on your list they are opening for Unearth, which still sucks.

Carcass were able to sell out big shows because it was their massive reunion tour. I bet person for person CoB is more popular amongst "the kids" these days.
Same with Morbid Angel. Yes they are the best selling DM act, but that does not mean they are CURRENTLY selling more albums than all the new core/brutal dm bands out there. You'd get some old metalheads and a few people with good music taste but beyond that I doubt they are that popular with the new metal crowd.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Actually, what I meant was Carcass opening for anyone other than another monumental death/grind act is blasphemy, so if they arent opening for CoB on your list they are opening for Unearth, which still sucks.

Carcass were able to sell out big shows because it was their massive reunion tour. I bet person for person CoB is more popular amongst "the kids" these days.
Same with Morbid Angel. Yes they are the best selling DM act, but that does not mean they are CURRENTLY selling more albums than all the new core/brutal dm bands out there. You'd get some old metalheads and a few people with good music taste but beyond that I doubt they are that popular with the new metal crowd.
Carcass also had newer, popular bands opening for them, like Suicide Silence. But yeah, that would suck if they had that spot on the tour.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
Carcass also had newer, popular bands opening for them, like Suicide Silence. But yeah, that would suck if they had that spot on the tour.
So, Cannibal Corpse opened for Behemoth last year. It's not fair but influential does not equal popular. And Carcass having a mid-tier spot is at least better than a band like Emmure taking that position.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
So, Cannibal Corpse opened for Behemoth last year. It's not fair but influential does not equal popular. And Carcass having a mid-tier spot is at least better than a band like Emmure taking that position.
No they didnt. Cannibal headlined the second stage, Behemoth opened it. There was hours of music in between them.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel
So I guess you don't want many people to come to this years show do you I know this is what you would like to see but you gotta also think in terms of reality and how many people this would draw. Tool could get an OK ammount of fans but none of the other bands here have a big enough following in North America to sell out the amphitheaters that Mayhem is booked to play.

I can see Megadeth possible headling it to wrap up their current tour and possible AIC or Rob Zombie as the co-headliner. FNM would be cool as the first band on the main stage or headling one of the other stages. LOG needs to be on the second or third stage where people can mosh to them an amphlitheater/arena setting just doesn't fit them at all.