Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA-- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

  #21  
Old 11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,719
I love Korn as well they do have a really good amount of haters. Personally I think they are very talented and make good music [with the exception of their last 2 albums]. I honestly think just about any metal band can blow Manson off the stage now-a-days.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Mancubus Mancubus is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 35
Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

Second Stage
Unearth
Meshuggah
Carcass
Children of Bodom


Third Stage
Dark Tranquillity
Primordial
Winds of Plague
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Marduk
Epica
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,834
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancubus View Post
Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

Second Stage
Unearth
Meshuggah
Carcass
Children of Bodom


Third Stage
Dark Tranquillity
Primordial
Winds of Plague
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Marduk
Epica
You'd have to get a LOT more Mainstream than Marduk, Carcass, and Morbid Angel.
__________________
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
You'd have to get a LOT more Mainstream than Marduk, Carcass, and Morbid Angel.
I'd like to think/hope Carcass has more dignity than reducing themselves to playing a 30 min set opening for CoB.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Mancubus Mancubus is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 35
1. Carcass is above CoB. They sold out a venue that was twice as large what CoB last headlined at.

2. Marduk are about as popular as Whitechapel who were towards the bottom of last year's Mayhem fest.

3. Morbid Angel are the best selling death metal act of all time.

And forgive me but I was just bitched out at a forum that insisted that Bloodbath were a mainstream crap band who make shitty, trendy music. My idea of underground is now stuff like Act of Destruction who play locally and only have demos out.

Last edited by Mancubus; 11-29-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancubus View Post
1. Carcass is above CoB. They sold out a venue that was twice as large what CoB last headlined at.

2. Marduk are about as popular as Whitechapel who were towards the bottom of last year's Mayhem fest.

3. Morbid Angel are the best selling death metal act of all time.

Actually, what I meant was Carcass opening for anyone other than another monumental death/grind act is blasphemy, so if they arent opening for CoB on your list they are opening for Unearth, which still sucks.

Carcass were able to sell out big shows because it was their massive reunion tour. I bet person for person CoB is more popular amongst "the kids" these days.
Same with Morbid Angel. Yes they are the best selling DM act, but that does not mean they are CURRENTLY selling more albums than all the new core/brutal dm bands out there. You'd get some old metalheads and a few people with good music taste but beyond that I doubt they are that popular with the new metal crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Actually, what I meant was Carcass opening for anyone other than another monumental death/grind act is blasphemy, so if they arent opening for CoB on your list they are opening for Unearth, which still sucks.

Carcass were able to sell out big shows because it was their massive reunion tour. I bet person for person CoB is more popular amongst "the kids" these days.
Same with Morbid Angel. Yes they are the best selling DM act, but that does not mean they are CURRENTLY selling more albums than all the new core/brutal dm bands out there. You'd get some old metalheads and a few people with good music taste but beyond that I doubt they are that popular with the new metal crowd.
Carcass also had newer, popular bands opening for them, like Suicide Silence. But yeah, that would suck if they had that spot on the tour.
__________________
9/20 - Overkill or Nik Turner (or both!)
9/23 - King Crimson
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Mancubus Mancubus is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
Carcass also had newer, popular bands opening for them, like Suicide Silence. But yeah, that would suck if they had that spot on the tour.
So, Cannibal Corpse opened for Behemoth last year. It's not fair but influential does not equal popular. And Carcass having a mid-tier spot is at least better than a band like Emmure taking that position.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancubus View Post
So, Cannibal Corpse opened for Behemoth last year. It's not fair but influential does not equal popular. And Carcass having a mid-tier spot is at least better than a band like Emmure taking that position.
No they didnt. Cannibal headlined the second stage, Behemoth opened it. There was hours of music in between them.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancubus View Post
Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel
So I guess you don't want many people to come to this years show do you I know this is what you would like to see but you gotta also think in terms of reality and how many people this would draw. Tool could get an OK ammount of fans but none of the other bands here have a big enough following in North America to sell out the amphitheaters that Mayhem is booked to play.

I can see Megadeth possible headling it to wrap up their current tour and possible AIC or Rob Zombie as the co-headliner. FNM would be cool as the first band on the main stage or headling one of the other stages. LOG needs to be on the second or third stage where people can mosh to them an amphlitheater/arena setting just doesn't fit them at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008