Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Cannibal Corpse -- Kansas City, MO -- November 22nd, 2009

A great night! The place was pretty well packed, and people went really crazy for most of the bands. Great crowd, great bands, great experience.

Except for the warm-up band. They're local (I think?) and called Seasons After. They're pretty much the generic hard rock/"metal" bands you hear on the radio. Mudvayne, Stone Sour, etc. It was the generic formula you get from those songs and the singer was horrendous. People were yelling for them to get off the stage by the end of the first song. 2/10

Erik Rutan is the MAN. Third time seeing Hate Eternal and they were fantastic as always. Only a three-piece this time, no second guitarist. But it really didn't matter. Erik was definitely the best guitar player there tonight. Crowd was pretty meh for them, and it was then that I realized that the kid I "fought" with before was on the rail, looking bored. Unbelievable. Oh well, I think Hate Eternal and Mr. Rutan speak for themselves. 9/10

Bringer Of Storms
Behold Judas
I, Monarch
Catacombs (YES, DON'T EVER STOP PLAYING IT, ERIK!)
Fury Within
To Know Our Enemies/The Obscure Terror (I don't remember which!)
The King Of All Kings

I think I am older than every member of Born Of Osiris. Seriously, I doubt any of them are above 21. It was funny. I knew I wasn't going to like them, but they were a lot less bad than I thought they'd be. If they got rid of all the deathcore garbage and breakdown, their twin guitar work could actually produce something listenable! Other than that, it was pretty much 50% breakdowns. Sometimes they'd add keyboards on top, but it really didn't do much. They have potential, but they need to get away from deathcore. Still, probably the best (or least worst) deathcore band I've seen. Miles ahead of Winds of Plague and Whitechapel. 5/10

Oh, and about that kid from before: I saw you. You were bored on the rail for BoO until they did breakdowns. Then you went crazy. You're the biggest douchebag poser of all time and I hope you got into a car wreck on your way home.

Unearth. It was my third time seeing them, so I knew what to expect. And to make matters worse, I was smack dab right in front of their douchey guitarist. I knew I was going to get beer spit on me, have him thrust his crotch in my face and whatnot. But you know what I did? I remembered what Nat said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi
You won't believe what I found in my sock last night! Go ahead, guess!
Erm, well, maybe I don't remember exactly what he said, but because of him, I decided to headbang and play along with Unearth for the sake of maybe he wouldn't do shit to me. And you know what?

It was great.

I know, I'll change my user title to "fucking hypocrite" after I write this, but they were SO much better than the two times I saw them before. In fact, the guitarist was one of the best parts! He faked our giving me a pick a couple times before he finally gave me one. I got another one and gave it to this kid behind me who was going nuts. Unearth was actually...*gulp*...good. I had a great time. I dunno if I'd pay money to see them headline just yet, but they might be getting there. 7.5/10

Unearth opens for good bands. I saw them open for Slayer, then Testament, and now the mighty Cannibal Corpse. Third time this year for me seeing them, and they are one of the funnest live metal bands ever. "Death Walking Terror" remains the heaviest song ever live and "Hammer Smashed Face" is just fantastic to hear. I headbanged so hard that I had to stop, lest I wanted to vomit on the security guards.

I wasn't on the same side as Alex Webster, but after a few songs, people started chanting his name. He laughed. In fact, Paul Mazurkiewicz got a chant too! And I finally did it: I yelled out "FUCK THE ALLIANCE!" and Corpsegrinder laughed and said "Of course!" No Skull Full of Maggots, but it was still fantastic. 9.5/10

Evisceration Plague
The Time To Kill Is Now
Death Walking Terror
I Cum Blood
Fucked With A Knife
Pit Of Zombies
The Wretched Spawn
Make Them Suffer
Vomit The Soul
Priests Of Sodom
Unleashing The Bloodthirsty
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped Raped and Strangled

I actually inteded to see most of Hatebreed, at least until they played the Slayer cover, but I was dead. Headbanged harder than ever, except for the last time I saw Skeletonwitch. Great show. Lots of good surprises, and all the bands really delivered.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Erik Rutan is the MAN.
Everything he touches turns to gold.

MissMetalInjection actually invited me to go to the Dallas date for this tour...I really wish I could have went.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Absolutely amazing show. I def enjoyed Hate Eternal, damn shame there was only 12 people that seemed to enjoy them but hey thats what the lovely KC will do sometimes.

Goddamn I hated Born Of Osiris. Absolute shit. I actually hated them as much as Emmure when I saw them at the first of the year. Fucking seriously a keyboard @ the front of the stage? Atleast some of the crappy death/mallcore bands that have keyboards have the decency to hide them in the back. I heard literally 1 minute of opening song. Saw the kids go crazy for them and realized it would be a good time to sit down for awhile. Enough of negative crap.

This might have been the best I've seen Unearth look and I've seen them probably 5 or 6 times now. I don't get it I really want to hate Susi everytime I see him for some of the d bag stuff that he does but dammit I just can't, and I'm ok w/ that. Same exact set as all tour. Very disapointed that III: In The Eyes of Fire or whatever it's called was ignored except for Sanctity Of Brothers. Probably could have dropped atleast 1 new song but still if that's the biggest complaint I will take it. Trevor congratulated KC for beating the Steelers. He said he probably lost like $300 in a football pool but he was ok w/ that!!! LOL

Pretty pissed my camera decided to run out of batteries right before CC but I'm beginning to make peace w/ that. First time getting to see them on normal tour not counting Mayhem Fest. Wow I don't even have words to describe what I just saw. Kept getting a kick out of people in Hatebreed shirts continually yelling out for them to play Hammer Smashed Face 1) because it's the only CC song they probably know 2) do they really think that they wouldn't play it to begin w/? Floor absolutely opened up for them. Amazing stuff. Now I really hate myself for not going to Tulsa during the spring. Neck hurts like hell right now.

And of course probably 50-75 people left after CC which is to be expected. I ended up enjoying Hatebreed alot more than what I thought I would. Jamey came out w/ the quote of the night IMO: "Anybody who is standing around must be a Kanye West fan." Not sure why I found that so funny but nonetheless I did. There were a few surprises and a few disapointments in the setlist. I'll post what I remember. Just remember the first 2 openers and closers:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Doomsayer
A Call For Blood
Kill An Addict
Perseverance
Last Breath
This Is Now
Tear It Down
Destroy Everything
As Diehard As They Come
Ghost Of War
Live For This
To The Threshold
I Will Be Heard
Empty Promises

I might be missing another new song or 2 but this is pretty darn close, w/o being in order other than first and last 2. Generally Hatebreed was pretty good @ getting more than like two songs from the Satisfaction record but failed to this time. Very disapointed about no Before Dishonor. I was quite impressed that they actually played Kill An Addict. I didn't even know they still did that song. Would have rather heard Smash Your Enemies if I had to pick one from Under The Knife but I'm happy w/ either one. Also glad to get A Call For Blood but would have rather gotten Proven. I will still consider that a victory. Jamey also congratulated KC on beating the Steelers and then told us if somebody wasn't moving, to treat them like a Steelers fan haha. (Sorry to any Steelers fans reading this) Those are just a few comments. Still very glad that I went minus Born Of Osiris but hey I know you can't win them all. Everybody Bleeds Now was a great opener. I was surprised b/c I didn't know they were opening w/ that but it was great. Nice to see them not play I Will Be Heard as the closer. It seemed shorter than what I thought. There was no encore. They were just out there and then gone. Oh well. I would highly reccomend this to anyone.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Now I really hate myself for not going to Tulsa during the spring.
That show was fucking amazing dude. You really should have went. All the bands kicked ass (although the red head from The Faceless was kind of a douche). My only Cannibal Corpse complaint was the crowd. Almost every single person up front was literally sitting on the fucking stage doing nothing at all. I was right behind them, headbanging my neck to hell, slapping them in the fucking face with my hair trying to get them to move. Little 16 year olds wearing corpse paint, not knowing any of the fucking songs. After a while I got un-smashed and had my own little area to headbang in.

I got lucky as hell. I parked like 50 feet from where the tour bus was, so two of my friends and I got to meet them, while the rest of my friends parked on the opposite side of the venue. As soon as we got back to town we found them at a party, showed off our autographed tickets, laughed at them for being pissed at us, and left. I want to see Cannibal Corpse again...really badly.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:40 AM

Wow that jealousy is really something that I don't know if I have ever really even prepared myself for in life. All I can really say is damn it all and I hate myself for not going but maybe they might come around again on this tour cycle still.

And a side note: I'm positive I actually saw more Suicide Silence shirts that said: "Pull The Trigger Bitch" more than I saw Slipknot shirts.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 11-23-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Wow that jealousy is really something that I don't know if I have ever really even prepared myself for in life. All I can really say is damn it all and I hate myself for not going but maybe they might come around again on this tour cycle still.

And a side note: I'm positive I actually saw more Suicide Silence shirts that said: "Pull The Trigger Bitch" more than I saw Slipknot shirts.
Those shirts are SO STUPID @_@

didja see the douchey guitarist for Unearth fake me out of a pick a couple times?
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 11-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Visualize perfection

I fucking hate those shirts, and that band. I was going through their fan pictures and there's a ton of dumb shits with "PULL THE TRIGGER BITCH" tattooed on them.

Fuck. I really hope I can convince a ton of people to help me boo them off the stage. I might even have my friend's sister make a huge "SUICIDE SILENCE FUCKING SUCKS!" banner thing.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 AM

I got any even better laugh out of a jacket/windbreaker that on the back said Witchita Straightedge. Lol. And yes now that you say it I do remember him faking you out of a pic. Funny stuff.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Pretty good sets all away around.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Unearth. It was my third time seeing them, so I knew what to expect. And to make matters worse, I was smack dab right in front of their douchey guitarist. I knew I was going to get beer spit on me, have him thrust his crotch in my face and whatnot. But you know what I did? I remembered what Nat said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi
You won't believe what I found in my sock last night! Go ahead, guess!
Erm, well, maybe I don't remember exactly what he said, but because of him, I decided to headbang and play along with Unearth for the sake of maybe he wouldn't do shit to me. And you know what?

It was great.

I know, I'll change my user title to "fucking hypocrite" after I write this, but they were SO much better than the two times I saw them before. In fact, the guitarist was one of the best parts! He faked our giving me a pick a couple times before he finally gave me one. I got another one and gave it to this kid behind me who was going nuts. Unearth was actually...*gulp*...good. I had a great time. I dunno if I'd pay money to see them headline just yet, but they might be getting there. 7.5/10
For the record, I never asked you to guess anything about my socks. What I put in there is my business, and I'm not about to discuss it with anybody. Let's just say that there is a certain famous photo of the Red Hot Chili Peppers that was based on an idea that they stole from me - fucking bastards.

As far as Unearth - I know, right? I mean, I dislike metalcore just about as much as any self-respecting "tr00" metalhead is supposed to, but you really can't deny that they have some pretty good riffs and shit. When they aren't breaking shit down left and right (which they basically never do), they are pretty damned acceptable as far as metal goes. That's all I've ever wanted you to realize about them - the bad parts are admittedly kinda bad, but they are really pretty few and far between. On the other hand, the good parts are really good. Some damned catchy, heavy-ass shit - that what I hear for the most part. Good solos, good riffs, high energy - what could be so wrong with that?

My job here is done.

Tags
cannibal corpse, hate eternal, hatebreed