Old 11-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

In no order:

Bleed - Meshuggah
The Last Baron - Mastodon
Blood and Thunder - Mastodon
Deliverance - Opeth
Cast Down the Heretic - Nile
She Never Noticed Me - Vehemence (Criminally overlooked on my top 10 of 00's)
Terminus (Where Death is Most Alive) - Dark Tranquility
Halo - Machine Head (fuck off)
The Day It All Came Down - Insomnium
Spheres of Madness - Decapitated
My Last Serenade - Killswitch Engage
Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
anthrax – safe home
blaze - tenth dimension
Tenth Dimension fucking rules - great song and great album alike. I'd definitely take Stare at the Sun as my favorite Blaze song, but this would have to be top 5.

And I have to admit, I have a really random secret hard-on for Safe Home, always have.

Last edited by Maiden33; 11-17-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Tenth Dimension fucking rules - great song and great album alike. I'd definitely take Stare at the Sun as my favorite Blaze fan, but this would have to be top 5.

And I have to admit, I have a really random secret hard-on for Safe Home, always have.

Doing this thread made me remember what a fucking awesome song "Pinball Map" is. Must listen to Clayman NOW.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:52 AM
We're dying on the inside

Anyway, this list is too hard for me, but I'll say that "Deliverance" is guaranteed a spot.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
No, its not a question of who you like most though, its a top chart of your favorite metal songs since 2000. Of ALL the bands that came out in this decade, of ALL the albums, and of ALL the songs, are you telling me the only ones you would include in a top ten chart are those four bands and those songs?
For me these are very hard lists to make.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
No, its not a question of who you like most though, its a top chart of your favorite metal songs since 2000. Of ALL the bands that came out in this decade, of ALL the albums, and of ALL the songs, are you telling me the only ones you would include in a top ten chart are those four bands and those songs?
If it's not a question of who you like the most then how exactly do you go about making your list? There has been a lot of good metal to come out over the last ten years and it's recieved a huge resurgence in popularity but this was hardly the best decade metal has ever had music wise 1980-1990 gets that distinction as far as i'm conserned.

But in terms of variety I don't have a problem with someone only including four or five artists on their list. If they feel those particular artists came out with the best songs over the last decade then what's the big deal? It doesn't mean that they only listen to those few bands it just means that person feels the stand out tracks of the last ten years have been done by a few particular artists. I'll have to think about my list a little before I post it but I garuntee you that it would be dominated by stuff off the 3 albums Maiden has let out this decade. It doesn't mean I only listen to Iron Maiden it just means they released the material that stood out most for me the last decade.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Of ALL the bands that came out in this decade, of ALL the albums, and of ALL the songs, are you telling me the only ones you would include in a top ten chart are those four bands and those songs?
Yes because those are the bands and albums and songs i like the most. Rush,Maiden,Metallica,King diamond,Nevermore,Iced Earth,.Some of the best music i have ever heard And if your not going to put in some of the best music you have ever heard in a top ten album list who do you put in .I didnt do these lists to make you happy i made this list cause the topic said top ten albums of this decade and i put down what i thought. With the great albums i heard its hard to make a list when your limited to ten.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
If it's not a question of who you like the most then how exactly do you go about making your list? There has been a lot of good metal to come out over the last ten years and it's recieved a huge resurgence in popularity but this was hardly the best decade metal has ever had music wise 1980-1990 gets that distinction as far as i'm conserned.

But in terms of variety I don't have a problem with someone only including four or five artists on their list. If they feel those particular artists came out with the best songs over the last decade then what's the big deal? It doesn't mean that they only listen to those few bands it just means that person feels the stand out tracks of the last ten years have been done by a few particular artists. I'll have to think about my list a little before I post it but I garuntee you that it would be dominated by stuff off the 3 albums Maiden has let out this decade. It doesn't mean I only listen to Iron Maiden it just means they released the material that stood out most for me the last decade.
IT just seems ignorant to ONLY include four bands in a list like this. Honestly, it just baffles me that of all the bands and songs to come out, he'd include only four bands. And what I meant by its not about your favorite bands, cuz its favorite songs, not favorite bands. And @ indestructible, its a song list not an album list.

All im saying is I find it hard to believe in a list like this anyone would have trouble putting 11 serparate bands in.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
IT just seems ignorant to ONLY include four bands in a list like this. Honestly, it just baffles me that of all the bands and songs to come out, he'd include only four bands. And what I meant by its not about your favorite bands, cuz its favorite songs, not favorite bands. And @ indestructible, its a song list not an album list.

All im saying is I find it hard to believe in a list like this anyone would have trouble putting 11 serparate bands in.
I'm the opposite of you it would be hard for me to include 11 different bands in mine. It's not just this decade it would be hard for me to narrow down my top 11 metal songs for any decade and choose 11 different artists.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
And @ indestructible, its a song list not an album list.

Well what i said applys to both. Just anwser this. Song or album list of the decade what bands would you put in if they are not your favorite bands. Wouldnt it be obvious that people would put their favorite bands in a top ten list about music of this decade.