Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I just hope my date gets Black Friday, because I'm seeing them on... Black Friday.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Humanaut

"Please remember that I am going to be doing my best to do this for us all, although I should NOT have to do this in order to sell my new record." - Dave Mustaine

So he's saying he doesn't have to even come out to sign stuff or meet the fans, but people say things they don't mean to every now and then......even though he has been saying some pretty egotistical shit lately.

But, I just read another person's review, and if you buy the Endgame album at the merch table, you get to meet Dave after the show. They didn't say how much but yeah.

Does anyone have the Machine Head setlist? I'm dying to know what they played after seeing Struck A Nerve on the off-headlining show.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Yea I'm seeing this tour in Vegas but I hope the set list changes for the 2nd leg when they come to California.

According to James LoMenzo they were supposed to play Hook In Mouth and The Conjuring.

James LoMenzo has issued the following update: "I was just sittin' in my little Bass Cave at the house rippin' through some old Megadeth classics, some of this stuff I'd of course heard but hadn't ever played before. Songs like **** ** ***** and *** ********* ah, but why spoil the surprise. I'm really looking forward to getting some of these out of "mothballs" and back on stage for the coming tour along with some of the new stuff from Endgame of course."
RUST IN PEACE?!? FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU CKFUCK
Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninoese View Post
So he's saying he doesn't have to even come out to sign stuff or meet the fans.
Well I'm not too sure that bands like Metallica, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc. are outside of their concerts like most other bands we see today, ya know? He knows his band isn't just some band, that they are Megadeth. He knows that he shouldn't have to go out of his way to promote his own stuff, because all the bands I listed don't have to either. Megadeth is a big band, they play to both big crowds and small clubs.

Over their career, Megadeth has had (by my count) 5 Top Ten Records and 4 Top Ten "Mainstream Rock" Singles, and by that measure they shouldn't have to Self-Promote any record. I might not like Metallica, but I know it isn't Metallica's job to promote their album outside of Touring. The Label needs to do their work, and we all know how great Roadrunner is with their Artists.

Megadeth is my favorite band yes, but I know Frankie, you'll see my point.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Humanaut

I agree with you. Roadrunner fucking sucks when it comes to promoting bands that it doesn't have it's spotlight on. They lost Chimaira, 36 Crazyfists, Ill Nino, Fear Factory, and alot of other bands thanks to that.

But when any band stays after to sign stuff, they don't make an announcement like "We DON'T have to be out here but we are because we want to promote our stuff." Out of all the bands that I have met, no one has even remotely thought that. I can guarantee it.

It's just kind of pathetic that he has to say something along those lines, instead of just saying, hey our new record is out! I'm going to sign stuff after the show.

vs.

Hey, I'm going to be signing stuff after the show because my record isn't being promoted so I feel like this will promote it better. BUT, FYI, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE DOING THIS.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:08 PM
N00B

Not a bad setlist, but nothing new. I'm seeing them in Milwaukee on Tuesday and I really doubt anything special (Conjuring, Black Friday, etc.) will added by then or even during this leg of the tour. They've been doing this for years, saying "oh yeah, we're adding this song, and rehearsing these songs," and they either don't make it or when they do make it, it's at the end of the leg (ex. Tour of Duty '07). Of all the songs they claimed to have been rehearsing and considering for the setlists, the only ones they've actually done in the past 4 years were Rattlehead and Ashes in Your Mouth.
9/13 - Samhain
Old 11-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Does anyone have the Machine Head setlist? I'm dying to know what they played after seeing Struck A Nerve on the off-headlining show.
First page yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post
I was at this show also. Here is Machine Head's setlist:

Imperium
Seasons Wither
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck a Nerve
Beautiful Mourning
Halo
Davidian
Old 11-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Humanaut

HELL YEAH!!!!!! Both Season Wither and Stuck A Nerve
Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
HELL YEAH!!!!!! Both Season Wither and Stuck A Nerve
We are gonna hit this soooo fast now! B-b-b-ballin'!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Concert Veteran

I didn't know that the promotion for the album was that bad. Dave is right though he shouldn't have to do that stuff after shows it's not his job. The lable is suppose to promote Endgame in the ways Mustaine can't. I'm surprised he's never considered starting his own lable i would think he's got the money to do that and it seems like something someone like him would've done by now. If he's gotta promote the stuff like this himself than he might as well just start his own record company since that's basically what he's doing now.

What I don't get is if he's disappointed with the promotion why not take the Iron Maiden approach and play the shit out of your new album live? If you mix the set right between Endgame and the old stuff it will still be a solid set and you'll let the fans know who don't have the album yet that you got a very good new album out that you are proud of.

If Dave were to do that the set could go something like this:

Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight!
Headcrusher
Hangar 18
Skin O' My Teeth
44 mins
How The Story Ends
The Conjuring
Tornado Of Souls
Bite The Hand
Bodies
In My Darkest Hour
A Toute Le Monde
The Right To Go Insane
Endgame

Peace Sells
Symphony Of Destruction
Holy Wars

Not much in the way of variety with the old stuff but if Dave really wants to promote the album a set like this would be good. Plus since the new album does rock even the people who aren't familiar with Endgame should respond favorably to it.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 11-16-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Tags
megadeth