Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 10-31-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Ghoul -- Oakland, CA -- October 30th, 2009

Review to come.

Population Reduction

Criminal Commercial Consumption
Taking Bong Rips In The Tombs Of The Blind Dead
Babies are Assholes
Punching Zombies in the Face
Hash Smoking Grind Freaks
Real Zombies Don't Run (new)
Cannabis Holocaust

Cannabis Corpse

Vaporized
Blunted at Birth
Every Bud Smoken
Sentenced to Burn One
Skull Full of Bong Hits
Reefer Stashed Place
Fucked with Northern Lights
I Will Smoke You
I Cum Bud
Staring Through My Eyes that are Red

Ghoul

New Intro
As Your casket Closes
Merde
Numbskull
Mutant Mutilator
Roadkill
Maniaxe
Graveyard Mosh
Off With Their Head (new)
Rise Killbot Rise
Gutbucket Blues
(Kill the) Kids in America
----
Splatterthrash

Last edited by Wizzbang11; 11-01-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:16 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

This would be an awesome and very interesting show
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 AM

This was actually one of the best shows I have been to. The full lineup was Ramming Speed/Population Reduction/Brainoil/Cannabis Corpse/Ghoul, but I don't know Ramming Speed or Brainoil very well and they didn't announce any songs so I have no partial sets or anything like that.
I had never been to the Oakland Metro before, but it was pretty much a warehouse with a 4 foot stage towards the middle of it, and a bar to the side. The Metro was a larger venue than I had expected, but still definitely not "big".
Ramming Speed got on at about 8:30 and played till a little before 9. They were a fun band, they actually sounded better than they do on the CD, but the crowd didn't get to into them. At this point the venue was probably only 1/4 full, and I figured it would only increase a little, but by Cannabis Corpse it was completely filled and probably had a few hundred people.
Population Reduction played a very short set, less than 20 minutes, but they were probably the funniest and most interactive band of the night. The singer/guitarist was like a less-douchey Seth Putnam. My only complaint would be that they did not play long enough and, even though they are a two person band, the lack of bass made the sound very "empty" at times. They were going to play Sausage Factory Showdown, but they cut it for some reason.
Brainoil were next, and they got an amazing reaction from the crowd. I don't know anything about Brainoil, but I'm guessing they are from the area because nearly the entire crowd knew their songs. I personally didn't love them, they are more doomy/sludgy than I like, and almost all of the slow doom parts of their songs sounded exactly the same. The more heavy metal style songs were fun and they were definitely talented musicians, so I really wouldn't give them a negative recommendation.
Prior to the night before the concert I had never even listened to Cannabis Corpse, but they were a very good band. I was hoping they didn't just play Cannibal Corpse songs with altered lyrics, and luckily they had original songs. The weed theme gets a little old, but they are a bit of a joke band so its ok, and their mascot(Budmonster I believe) was stagediving, running around, hugging people etc. during their set and I have to admit that was pretty cool. I have a feeling almost a majority of the crowd came solely for Cannabis Corpse, because they went completely insane once the music started. Both them and Ghoul had the most stage diving I have ever seen at a concert, and the combination of that, people skanking everywhere, multiple costumed people and Landphil being on stage made it look a lot like a Municipal Waste concert, which isn't a bad thing at all. They played for shorter than I would have figured, less than 45 minutes, and unfortunately did not encore despite non stop chanting for 10 minutes after they left the stage.
Ghoul was really who I came to see, they are one of my favorite band, and don't play to often so a Halloween show with them was hard to pass up. Ghoul took awhile to set up, and while they were setting up they were all out of costume, but in Slipknot style black jumpsuits, so I thought they might do the show as humans because it was Halloween. Luckily they did not. The set they played was pretty much the same as when I saw them in May, with the addition of Merde and a new song called Off with Their Heads. It was also interesting because after Graveyard Mosh they finished the Ghoul part of the song, which I have never heard of them doing (I'm sure they did when the album first came out, but at least in the last few years.) During their set they brought out what I assume to be a Numbskull, a zombie ish guy with a huge deformed head that had a gaping wound in it and sprayed the crowd with blood; some sort of variant of Gore Boar, which was the normal Gore Boar costume minus the mask and gut; and Killbot. Ghoul were great as always, despite a lot of technical difficulties, and closed up and awesome Halloween show. I was actually able to get their setlist after the show, which was made significantly cooler because it is splattered in blood.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 PM
epidemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta257 View Post
This would be an awesome and very interesting show
i 2nd that!
Jan 9 -- BTBAM / Cynic / DTP
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

I'm sure it was a rager, sucks they chose to come to the West Coast this weekend of all. Hope Ghoul puts out something new next year.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I'm bummed I couldn't make this one, I had planned to but couldn't make it.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
offerer of anomalistics

i hate you
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunghole View Post
i hate you
I'm thinkin Ghoul will never go to Texas, so you might as well travel to CA the next time they play .

Tags
cannabis corpse, ghoul, population reduction